Sign in to follow this  
Rolli

[MOC] Captain Hook from Peter Pan

20387533760_924a5ede27_b.jpg

Captain Hook by Rolli, on Flickr

"Allow me? I am Captain James Bartholomew Hook, world's most famous crook - captain of the fine mighty Jolly Roger and its crew, honorable pirate, finder of many treasures and killer of the Croco... Okay, who am I kidding.."

For some reason, Disney's Captain Hook was always a favorite of mine. Not really evil, clumsy and funny at times, having his own nemesis in the shape of a comical crocodile - and always being outwitted by Peter Pan. Or clumsy Mr. Smee.

Long story short: I had to build him - in this iconic pose, including the crocodile. It was great fun and a challenge to build at this scale, especially with those limiting colors (I'm talking to you, magenta!). A pirate contest on the Norwegian forum Brikkelauget"]http://brikkelauget....o"]Brikkelauget provided me with the perfect opportunity so it had to be done :D

Looking forward to hearing what you think and if you like Mr. Hook!

Best

Markus

Ha, ha, fantastic build and posing Rolli, superb expression on the Captain's face, and the color-scheme is excellent as well! Great crocodile too, and congrats on the front-page!

Another excuse for LEGO Friends which brought us the new colors. The highlight in this model is the face, which looks better drawn than i the original film. It captures all the emotions one might expect from such a scene - or even more - and with just so few parts. Congratulations!

Lovely and clever build. Great use of parts and I love the colours you used.

Wonderful work on the facial expression (It looks like the eyes were made for this)! And on the entire build of the captain too! My one little nitpick is thatthe knees look toobig. Is it necessary for the posing?

My one little nitpick is thatthe knees look toobig. Is it necessary for the posing?

Yep. They need to be that big since they are covering up the mixel hinges underneath. They look great in person though, the right knee on the photo just looks really extreme at this angle.

Thank you all for the great feedback! I was blown away by the reactions I received for Hook! :wub:

Best

Markus