Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Ten

Why didn't I bus you and Laugi on Night Seven, Pudding-Head?

You should be glad I "flip-flop" I have no reason to trust anyone fully so I'm questioning everything. I'm not saying it's the best tactic but it's meant to think all possibilities through and figure the game out.

There's my logic as of two days ago, if you're wondering why I've been so all over the place in trying to figure things out. I wanted to try and figure things out early BEFORE we came dangerously close to losing, but even after lynching two scum in a row we're still teetering on the edge here.

He admits to thinking Cranebeinn was blocking me.

I said like a dozen times that I told Crane to block Petrus. I thought he was up until he mentioned off-handedly that "he can't track if he's blocked" AFTER the day had started.

Now I know how frustrated you were two days ago. You're coming up with theories that maybe answer the past few days (if you overlook some glaring inconsistencies) but you have absolutely no explanation for how I haven't been using this role to ruin the entire town block that I've been a part of since, what, day three or four?

Just shut your mouth, Scum. :tongue:

There's my logic as of two days ago, if you're wondering why I've been so all over the place in trying to figure things out.

No, you were all over one place: Petr must survive to the night phase. Scum. Scum. Scum. Period. End of story. End of game. Lynch you, win. Period.

Now I know how frustrated you were two days ago. You're coming up with theories that maybe answer the past few days (if you overlook some glaring inconsistencies) but you have absolutely no explanation for how I haven't been using this role to ruin the entire town block that I've been a part of since, what, day three or four?

Work your way in, build trust, kill us later. We're not stupid. You are Scum. You are the final Scum. Your desperation to get Petr to Night Eight makes it obvious.

Why didn't I bus you and Laugi on Night Seven, Pudding-Head?

Bus me and Lauga? Eh? :wacko:

Work your way in, build trust, kill us later.

And yet all of us are still alive.

Bus me and Lauga? Eh? :wacko:

Lauga was getting killed that night, and the entire block knew it. So, why didn't I bus you and Lauga? Petrus murdering you would've ruined the block.

There are some things I would like to clarify/comment on, but I've been annoyingly pressed for time today. I wanted to pop in and place a vote, because I think it's important that we lynch someone today.

So. Plan. I can go with that.

Lynch Adam today. Block and Kill Canute tonight.

If there is a tomorrow, I flip a coin between you and Pudding.

Vote: Angmar (Adam)

I'm still willing to follow through on this plan, and will even vote for myself if that's the way the town chooses to proceed, but it's predicated on two ideas. First, that you all are confident enough that I could be scum to want to lynch me before Petrus, and two, that you will actually follow through with the plan once I'm gone. The thought of you flipping a coin to decide the game isn't very comforting.

If there's a tomorrow, then regardless of what Canute flips, who will you want to lynch? Me, or Petrus? If the answer is me, then please say so. We'll lynch me today and block/kill Canute in the night.

For the time being, I will Vote: Canute (CallMePie)

I think of all of Pudding Head's strange and frankly ridiculous theories, his most recent about redirection actually has merit. I doubt there's a second scum team (if there is, then I'm disappointed we weren't made aware of it from the start), though TPRU's comment about the rule change being something that should've happened from the beginning has made me a little more inclined to believe that Petrus is an SK. I sincerely hope that I have time to come back and reenter the fray a little later, before the day ends.

For the record, my preferred course of action is still to lynch Petrus tonight. Doing so, however, requires the cooperation of the town, and the town working together is more important than my personal preference.

And yet all of us are still alive.

Lauga was getting killed that night, and the entire block knew it. So, why didn't I bus you and Lauga? Petrus murdering you would've ruined the block.

Maybe you couldn't get Petr to change his action in time. And the "all of us are still alive" argument, seriously? You said it yourself. You're choosing not to kill in order to cause chaos with the bus driver. I don't know what you're doing, all I know is that's a solid theory based on our Night Action results and your contradictory behavior. That's way different from your day of insisting a theory you pulled out of your megablocks was the solution to the game.

And you've been sparked into activity again. Probably because I finally got it right. I hope this longboat has enough rope to hang you.

Block Petrus tonight. While Pudding-Head's staring mouth agape at my coming up town, just lynch Petrus.

Block Petrus tonight. While Pudding-Head's staring mouth agape at my coming up town, just lynch Petrus.

If you flip Town, my mouth will only be agape long enough to say, "Geez, what an megablocks."

As Petrus pointed out:

Nah, I doubt they're flat out lying, but there could be a framer, naive cop or redirector in play?

Der, I wonder which one the Scum had... :wacko:

Then I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut and blindly trusted you up until this point? :wacko:

I pushed a theory until I realized I couldn't win anybody over and used my one night action to ensure we maybe had a chance if I was right. Clearly I wasn't. I'm just glad I got everyone to doubt the block earlier because I believe Agnar is town and somebody on the inside has to be either scum or SK.

I told you we'd all end up turning on eachother. :tongue:

Then I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut and blindly trusted you up until this point? :wacko:

I pushed a theory until I realized I couldn't win anybody over and used my one night action to ensure we maybe had a chance if I was right. Clearly I wasn't. I'm just glad I got everyone to doubt the block earlier because I believe Agnar is town and somebody on the inside has to be either scum or SK.

I told you we'd all end up turning on eachother. :tongue:

I haven't blindly trusted anybody, but you blindly found me Scum. That's a huge difference.

You pushed a theory to get Petr to the night phase so you could bus drive Petrus off of Petr and onto Agnar, so kaboom!

And you said we'd turn on each other because you would've thought I really was the traitor after you saw me on that writeboard. But you never accused me of being recalled. You only accused me of being Scum, nonsensically and teaming up with the SK which is why just absolutely needed to let Petr survive until the night. True Townies love when there's no lynch. That's sarcasm.

And even if I though Agnar should be lynched, I don't want anyone killed at night with a potential bus driver out there.

Vote Count

Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie): 4 votes (Hinckley, Pandora, Adam, Chromeknight)

Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora): 1 vote ( CallMePie)

3 votes are required to lynch. 5 hours remain in the day.

With a majority of 4 votes, Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie) has been convicted. A conclusion will be posted shortly. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

The sun was beginning to set on Valhalla. Kára was alone in the hall, still observing the destruction that had been wreaked.

1_zpst0pkwcpd.jpg

She hoped that the einherjar had made the right decision, and that they could finally set about rebuilding their home.

2_zps6vrjbzdk.jpg

The slowly shrinking group of warriors had decided to take Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie) into the woods and deal with him.

3_zpsqgre6z8m.jpg

"Standing here, about to be beheaded, reminds me of that one time I got beheaded," Canute noted, "remember that? Ah, those were the days! I was wandering around the halls one night, when who should I bump into but a paranoid axe owner..."

4_zps0jmc68ow.jpg

Everyone had heard this story a dozen times, and so quickly ushered Canute onto a tree stump in which to execute him.

6_zpswavszuyr.jpg

With all his might, Ragnar swung his axe down onto Canute, chopping his head off.

7_zpswphtmpmf.jpg

The einherjar looked on, satisfied with the days work.

9_zpsibgxep73.jpg

As the last light of the day sunk under the horizon, the warriors began to heard large footsteps approaching. Ragnar wheeled around, recognising the sound.

10_zpsk2hrzuyo.jpg

It was another son of Muspell, seeking to burn the remnants of Asgard. It had been on the trail of the einherjar for many days now.

11_zpslzzmsah7.jpg

From the fire giant's hand dangled the heads of Herburt Marred-Eye and Mederic.

"Who?" someone asked, unable to recall the names or faces of people they lived with 10 days ago.

12_zpsgj6nop9b.jpg

Resigned to his fate, Ragnar stood before the monster.

"Go back to Valhalla," Ragnar ordered the others, "warn the others that the forces of Ragnarok are coming for us at last."

"But you were chosen by Odin to lead us!" the einherjar protested.

"I have spent all of my years preparing for Ragnarok. This is the only life I know. Build your new world without me, and make it a better one."

13_zps7zhbnk8d.jpg

Resigned to whatever fate awaited him, he charged into battle.

14_zpskyxz14ba.jpg

15_zpso9rj6cln.jpg