Ron Dayes

Lego minifigure Lamborghinis - New ways and height solution

Hi everyone!

I'm new here on EB, and this is my first actual post for the town theme. :sweet:

A bit about myself:

I make all kinds of cars in Minifig Scale, or better said: Minifig proportion.

I try my best to make them as realistic, firm and buildable as possible - and fit at least 2 Minifigs side by side. Not an easy task most of the time - especially when my maximum width is 7 wide for large all terrain vehicles/ sportcars and 6 wide for standard and oldtimer cars. I bet some can relate :wink:

I dont own any lego bricks, so i build LDD only. But im planing to order bricks soon from bricklink...

Lets get started

When i started off building cars in LDD, i had a hard time working out that height issue. The cars where always too high when i wanted to fit the figs in sitting upward, i even bended back a bit, but didnt really help either. :hmpf_bad:

As its well known, the issue for that is the minifig itself due to wide and short proportions (infant like). We will never get this right...

BUT in my opinion, its also the modern way of building cars in general - which does "wierden" this whole car thing even more.

Being a 90ies kid, i remember most of the car/town sets back then and when i compared to the car/town sets today, i noticed a major difference: wheel sizes! :look:

Nowadays, the lego company uses the same type of big wheels + fenders on almost all types of vehicles, be it a police car or a truck. So i went back "to the roots", used the smaller tires (from the mirco racers) for my cars, i layed the minifigs down as much as possible to get the car height right - and this came out! enjoy, tell me what you think :wink:

my final result of an Lamborghini Aventador lp900 (currently being worked on in LDD to make a few things easier) This one has functional doors, a bendable roof and fits 2 minifigs side by side. its 7 wide in total (no fenders)

20532648732_3297469946_c.jpgLego Lamborghini Aventador lp900 by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

my first design of an ultra sleek supercar, this time a 7 wide diablo (more simple design, easy brick usage, the windscreen is made of black hinge pieces)

20354584239_89584d9b39_c.jpgLamborghini Diablo yellow front by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

20532408072_fc50a9f107_c.jpgNS LamDia top view render yellow by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

20353235700_e7139ab0f7_c.jpgLamborghini Diablo back view by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

19920398783_c811674b77_c.jpgNS Lamborghini diablo purple by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

the way it opens is by bending the roof back (hinge pieces at the back rear)

20353274958_dd4d3f6e05_c.jpgNS Lamborghini diablo opended by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

the classic side view as found on the net: http://www.google.de...wIVwrcUCh2gRwrd

20532408622_ffb1055c71_c.jpgLamborghini Diablo black by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

now messing around with different lego themes: :grin:

20547726031_123cdd1fa9_c.jpgParadiso Lambo by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

19918665654_f299cb6014_c.jpgNS Lamborghini diablo police scene by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

20532409592_8400fdc264_c.jpgclassic space special forces diablo by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

hope you enjoyed, keep on brickin;) :sweet:

many greets, ron.

Nice solution to height, I've always avoided supercars for this very reason. You're right about tyre sizes too as it seems that TLG is moving towards a larger standard size for official models. Onto your cars, my favourite of your catalog so far would have to be the Aventador followed closely by a tie between the police and yellow. I think you'll find that the transparent parts for the windshield don't exist yet, but you should be able to find a few suitable alternative ways to build them out there. Can't wait to see more Ron.

Highly impractical, just as a supercar should be! Nice, innovative solutions to getting that kind of look at that small scale! :classic:

I hope that these Lambos are self driving because the figs look like they are taking a nap or are dead. Great designs BTW!