Capn Frank

Pillage the Village Contest: Out for Blood Edition

And here's mine as well!

It was good to build pirate stuff again, thanks Phred and any other EB staffers for putting this contest together!

Edited by rodiziorobs

The Pillage the Village Contest is closed!

• Topics posted after this time will not be included.
    Please, do not edit the first post of your topics until the contest voting is complete.
    Some staff and I will pre-select all of the entries for a final vote by you, and a new Voting topic will be created.

Thank you all for your great --and twisted-- entries! :pir-wub:

Where and when will be voting topic?Do some people vote or that can be done buy all eurobricks members?

Where and when will be voting topic?Do some people vote or that can be done buy all eurobricks members?

The staff and I are under going preselection, which I expect to take a week at most. Hopefully preselection will take less time. The voting topic will be posted afterwards along with voting rules.

Everyone can vote who were members before the competition started or entered into the competition.

The staff and I are under going preselection, which I expect to take a week at most. Hopefully preselection will take less time. The voting topic will be posted afterwards along with voting rules.

Everyone can vote who were members before the competition started or entered into the competition.

Thank you for informations.This is my first competition so i need to ask.:D

Just a reminder, the staff completed a pre-selection for the 14 top entries of the Large and Small Categories. Just because your entry didn't make it into the final vote, does not mean it was disqualified. There were a lot of great, gruesome entries for this competition and I wanted to narrow the entries for the final vote.

Thanks, Phred

• 20. For each category, EB staff will make a first selection, and then EB members will vote for their favorite entries among that selection. If the staff doesn't question your sanity based upon your gruesome entry, it's not making the first cut. pirate_devg1.gif

Hmm... good thing I wasn't on the preselection committee, because none of the entries had me questioning anyone's sanity. Dang it, I should've entered after all. You all would've had me committed somewhere... Actually, KB did call me a madman. If only he knew...

Anyway, this was a great contest that definitely pulled in some not-so-regulars, which is always a good thing. Congrats to everyone on a job well done.

Hmm... good thing I wasn't on the preselection committee, because none of the entries had me questioning anyone's sanity. Dang it, I should've entered after all. You all would've had me committed somewhere... Actually, KB did call me a madman. If only he knew...

Anyway, this was a great contest that definitely pulled in some not-so-regulars, which is always a good thing. Congrats to everyone on a job well done.

My original idea featured a woman giving birth scene. The offspring wasn't human.

Now I regret choosing the AG reference over the birthing scene. :sceptic:

:laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

You should have entered. It would have been interesting to see your take on insanity, bloodshed and gore. :classic:

Well... it was a tough choice, but I had other commitments. And there were plenty of good entries without me.

As for the voting, I think it's obvious who's going to win the top prize...

Well... it was a tough choice, but I had other commitments. And there were plenty of good entries without me.

As for the voting, I think it's obvious who's going to win the top prize...

Sharknado?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

hey that was the first contest I entered in Lego , 5 or 6 years ago, right here. I remember that, you did it again, I should have entered it. Damn.

This was also the first contest I entered, years back. My entry didn't win then either... and it's embarrassingly obvious why. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What about the results? pirate_blush.gif

They're being tabulated. Results should be double checked by Saturday. We should know the winners by then. Thank you for your patience. :pir-grin:

post-486-0-49592500-1445102012.jpg

Winners!

It's time to announce the winners of the contest!

Thanks everyone for participating, you all did great! With almost accepted 50 entries, the Large and Small Categories were a great success.

If you are one of the winners, please PM me your full name and address (including country) and a phone number.

Thank you Eurobricks Administrators and the The Lego Group for allowing such a great contest with great prizes. :pir-wub:

As you may have noticed, Kolonialbeamter won first prize for the Digital Category. Since he is staff, prizes will be distributed to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners.

Large Category

• 1st Place:
L-G%25252021851146039_9e334d61cd_c.jpg Puerto Secarico Raid by vitreolum
2nd Place: L-J%25252022034634910_123d533ac8_c.jpg Repel Boarders! by PaddyBricksplitter
3rd Place: L-A%25252022422392651_700fbfa5b8_c.jpg Death On A Salt Breaze by Adair
4th Place: L-H%2525207465414.jpg The Last Bottle Or The Golden Age Of Piracy by DwalinF
5th Place: L-N%25252022337883496_b68df65f82_c.jpg Judgement Day by blackdeathgr

Small Category

• 1st Place:
S-P%25252021489588999_04d3cb2dbd_c.jpg Tavern Brawl by Dzoni90
2nd Place: S-Q%25252021655673378_8edc8d72c3_c.jpg Only Imperial Stormtroopers Are So Precise... by jansued
3rd Place: S-M%25252022099379618_04ea99653a_c.jpg Death From Above by Halhi 141
4th Place: S-G%25252022280318291_ba4310e433_z.jpg Offering To Huitzilopochtli by kritch

Digital Category

• 1st Place:
D-E%25252020772323251_605d256c43_c.jpg Sharknado? Sharknado! by Kolonialbeamter
2nd Place: D-C%25252022391455085_beec85f025_c.jpg Down with the Imperial Tower by SilentWolf
3rd Place: D-B%252520j5Kr8M7.png That's Not Good Enough! by RedSparrow
4th Place: D-A%252520pirate.jpg Skull Trap by dr_spock

Yahoo! Very pleased :D Im very greatful to all who voted. Thanks Eurobricks and TLG for running such a great contest!

2 weeks and a few hundred photographs taken during my building process were well worth it. Not to mention getting me into the wonderfully entertaining pirates theme.

Congrats Vitreolum. I know it was close between 2nd and 3rd place. Respect to Adair.

Congratulations to all the winners and mucho respect to all those who took part.

Congratulations to everybody and very many thanks for voting! Still cant believe that i reached top 5 with all those awesome creations around :) Especially with those top 3 totally otherworldly MOCs. Also a huuuge thanks to Eurobricks and TLG for bringing all pirate lovers one step closer! I had tons of fun participating by photographing stuff, altering tidbits and thinking pirate-y :P

Off to better and greater things now, fellow sailors!

Congrats to the winners! Well built MoCs all around! Also, Thank you, Eurobricks and TLG, for your generousity in hosting this contest!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Thank you all who voted for me. Huge thanks to Eurobricks and TLG for this great contest and prizes.

Congrats to all other winners.

Edited by Dzoni90

And another fine contest is concluded. Congratulations to the winners and also to everyone who participated. I would love to see (and help sponsor) another contest like the 2010 Community Build, but the conclusion of PtV probably means BotBS is near, so it may never happen. Anyway, a special thanks to everyone who helped put this on and for once again sparking interest in the theme.

Whoa! Thanks to EB and all the sponsors! This was a pretty epic contest!

Oh, and congrats to Vitroleum and Paddy for the win, you guys deserved it!

Edited by Adair