Capn Frank

Pillage the Village Contest: Out for Blood Edition

The staff and I are discussing this and will respond in this topic when a decision is reached.

Thanks a lot for looking at it.

Another question, is there a rationale for closing the contest on a Friday? This is relatively annoying as I can mostly build on weekend.

I am nonetheless super happy about this contest as it is a great way to reinvigorate the pirate theme.

Evenin' all

I entered the comp before I found where the other entries where. So not only did I post in the wrong section but there was a build in the small category that was too similar to mine already. So I removed my image from the post.

Can anyone tell me if I can delete my whole post entirely so I can start over?

Gorgeous build! It's delightfully gorey! I think you'll need a Mod to remove the topic as citizens and average Joes like you and I cannot delete posts or topics.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Gorgeous build! It's delightfully gorey! I think you'll need a Mod to remove the topic as citizens and average Joes like you and I cannot delete posts or topics.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks, looks like it's gone as requested :) Thanks mod overlords. Now I'll start over, still plenty of time left, besides the theme is turning out to be fun.

If I can manage to meet the deadline, I will include my next build in this competition. I was wondering if you would consider pictures as the following as 1 picture:

[-snip-]

This is quite useful to show some details or play features.

Rule 16 has been updated. Sorry, no collage pictures. Choose your six pictures carefully.

• 16. You may present up to 6 pictures per entry. Post pictures no larger than 800x600, but you may link to bigger pictures and image galleries.

• No collage pictures please.

Another question, is there a rationale for closing the contest on a Friday? This is relatively annoying as I can mostly build on weekend.

Originally, there was no rationale, but now there is. The date cannot be moved back for reasons I cannot disclose... yet. Ten weeks should be long enough for you to build and make any necessary Bricklink Orders. I've made and received two since the competition started.

Thanks, looks like it's gone as requested :) Thanks mod overlords. Now I'll start over, still plenty of time left, besides the theme is turning out to be fun.

You're welcome. Your topic wasn't deleted. It has been sent to Davy Jone's Locker. If you need it back, I'll just need payment. :pir-tongue:

Rule 16 has been updated. Sorry, no collage pictures. Choose your six pictures carefully.

Originally, there was no rationale, but now there is. The date cannot be moved back for reasons I cannot disclose... yet. Ten weeks should be long enough for you to build and make any necessary Bricklink Orders. I've made and received two since the competition started.

You got me curious with thee message above.

Thanks for having looked at my questions. I am off to Angola this week. Perhaps, i ll get some inspiration to make my moc cruel...pirate_satisfied.gif

More prizes?! Oh my! You're spoiling us!... but... now I know what I'm gaming for! 3rd place in large and first in small! Danny needs a new pair of figures! :wub:

:laugh: here's to hoping I even have time to build! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Can I clear a background in photoshop for all pictures?

Yes. :pir-grin:

Relevant text bolded and underlined.

• 17. You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. This should be your first image. The first picture will become your thumbnail for the voting round, so pick well. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.

"Pillage the village" doesn't mean that the build must depict pillaging a village, correct? Would it be fine for a build to be completely water based? Eg. pillage the merchant's ship, or pillage the captain's cabin. Of course those don't have such a nice ring to them. pirate_wink.gif

"Pillage the village" doesn't mean that the build must depict pillaging a village, correct? Would it be fine for a build to be completely water based? Eg. pillage the merchant's ship, or pillage the captain's cabin. Of course those don't have such a nice ring to them. pirate_wink.gif

AFAIK, Yes. Otherwise my (in progress) entry won't count either. :laugh: unfortunately I don't have time for a big entry, so I've tried to consolidate my ideas into one smaller Moc. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Your build may be completely water-based. :thumbup:

• Does the entry need a baseplate or custom plate?
    It doesn't matter what you place your heinous entry on. You may use baseplates, BURPS, plates, bricks, or prefab hulls.

In English, Pillage the Village sounds a lot better than Pillage the Ship. I'm sure it sounds a lot better in other languages. :look:

Since precedent seems to be to post entries here, I'll follow suit! Here's my entry to the small category!

Edited by Kai NRG