Sariel

T29 heavy tank with shooting mechanism

Well guys, this was built primarily because I got tired of reading about how cool would it be to have a tank that shoots through it barrel every time I publish some tank model. So here, it shoots, it gets ammo from a clip (it's definitely too simple solution to be called an autoloader), and it's got 10 motors total doing lots of various stuff:

Some more details, including the backstory and plenty of pics: http://sariel.pl/2015/08/t29-heavy-tank/

T(h)anks!

Man! Your models are always so cool, every time I think you can get better with tanks you always supersize me by making some thing even more awesome than the last one.

So you post to mocpages before eurobricks uh? How rude! j/k -- great job as always Sariel. Pretty incredible that you are able to pack so many motors in such a tight space.

Wow the auto loading system is so simple. I was trying so many ways for that on my truck (forehead slap :laugh: ). What you create and how you do it is truly amazing. You should b I mean the Lego group should be working for you and the playability of models would be awesome. Love this tank, would you be doing instruction for it by any chance. :wub::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wonderful as usual !

I could spend hours on your site.

I saw the pictures. Could I have more details on the torsion bars?

Thank you.

Great work as always Sariel, thanks for sharing this magnificent creation with us. I suddenly feel inspired, no idea why :)

Your tanks are getting better everytime. The firing mechanism is simple, compact and working very good. I was personally very suppired that the rifle also moved. Very good solution clambing the 2 half disks between 2 rims.

Now the only thing is missing is making the gun recoil a working thing... just to annoy you hahaha. Or to inspire??? :wink:

Best 'working' tank I have see so far with many great functions The looks and details are also top notch. Great work again :thumbup:

As always, fantastic work! :thumbup: The details are just gorgeous!

I actually made a pretty much identical shooting mechanism a couple of years ago! :classic:

One thing though; if the battery in the turret is to act as a counterweight, wouldn't it be better to use the AAA box, as it's heavier? Or is it too heavy?

Edited by D3K

I saw the pictures. Could I have more details on the torsion bars?

It's very simple: there's an axle with one end locked to the chassis and the other locked to the arm with road wheel on it. You can add bricks with round pin holes in the middle to support the axle without locking it. Now, as the axle twists and untwists, the road wheel goes up and down. And no, I was never able to damage an axle this way. Of course, this kind of suspension requires some weight to work well. In this model it worked very softly with the load of 3 kg / 16 road wheels = 187 grams per one torsion bar.

trackedsuspensions27_resized.png

One thing though; if the battery in the turret is to act as a counterweight, wouldn't it be better to use the AAA box, as it's heavier? Or is it too heavy?

I didn't feel like destroying half of the turret every time the AAA batteries run dry.

Edited by Sariel

It's very simple: there's an axle with one end locked to the chassis and the other locked to the arm with road wheel on it. You can add bricks with round pin holes in the middle to support the axle without locking it. Now, as the axle twists and untwists, the road wheel goes up and down. And no, I was never able to damage an axle this way. Of course, this kind of suspension requires some weight to work well. In this model it worked very softly with the load of 3 kg / 16 road wheels = 187 grams per one torsion bar.

That's what I thought. It's really very effective.

Thanks for your answer.