Swift Justice - Jet Mode

After a five week detour that resulted in an abandoned tracked Enforcer, I built a much different entry for the TC7 contest. Swift Justice is a jet plane that can join the action faster than the speed of sound! It has a minifig-scale cockpit with an opening canopy, as well as retractable landing gear.

IMG_1440.png

IMG_1556.png

IMG_1425.png

Battle Mode

Once Swift Justice catches up to the Bandits, it goes into battle mode and transforms into a Mech with weapons:

• Laser cannons mounted between the shoulders
  • Triple guns mounted on one arm
  • Power Claw mounted on the other arm

The transformation is fully manual. There are no batteries required to have fun! All the weapons are functional and are hidden when the model is in Jet Mode. The arms and legs articulate in Battle Mode, allowing a huge combination of action poses:

• Articulated shoulders, elbows and hips
  • Bending knees and wrists
  • Opening and closing claw

IMG_1561.png

IMG_1412.png

IMG_1416.png

There are also some features that are less visible, but that help Swift Justice take on the Bandits:

• Jet intakes open up to form the feet, making a very stable Mech
  • Wings fold in to make shields on the legs
  • Vertical stabilizers fold to create armor around the hips
  • Cockpit has two exits: the first one is the canopy, the second is a hatch located on top

Pictures

IMG_1566.png

IMG_1434.png

landing_gear_front.gif

landing_gear_rear.gif

IMG_1436.png

Here is an animation of the transformation:

swift_justice_256L10D100.gif

Videos

I made two videos for this MOC. I remember watching M.A.S.K. cartoons as a kid and the commercials in between, so the first video is made to look like a toy commercial from the 1980's.

Since the full transformation is not shown in the first video and the animated GIF is very low resolution, I made a separate video showing the jet being turned into the Mech. It's at double speed to make easier to watch:

Thanks to Vengit for sponsoring this contest, Jim for the Enforcers font, Tommy Styrvoky for his help with the unfinished tracked vehicle and my wife for her patience.

This is the most original entry so far! Just don't have words!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pure genious - the jet looks fantastic and it is realy amazing how everything fits during transformation. This enforcer got me really doubt my entry... I guess it wasn't simple to design it, but it looks so simple and that is simply amazing :thumbup: Good luck

Pure genious - the jet looks fantastic and it is realy amazing how everything fits during transformation. This enforcer got me really doubt my entry... I guess it wasn't simple to design it, but it looks so simple and that is simply amazing :thumbup: Good luck

Thank you. You summed up this build perfectly. It's not a mechanically complex model, but making everything hidden required each section to be redesigned several times (the nose section had at least 7 previous versions). Most of the time the issue was making sure that the model looked good in both modes.

You should still enter, I am really curious as to what you have made.

Edited by BusterHaus

Yes... the plane alone looks very good and transformation is really good and complex... I like appearing better and better TC7 models... It will be hard to decide, which one is better... :)

Max...

Nice to see that someone did take it to this level.

Good designed transforming jet into a mecha. The only thing missing is a big @ss gun ;)

Edited by barman

Pretty awesome indeed! I like the fact that you seem to have used only Technic parts, and not Bionicle ball joints which are typical for this kind of model! :thumbup:

When I saw the jet, I was really thinking "I wonder what this will transform into". I did not expect the mecha.

Great transformation, great looking jet, cool mecha. Good stuff. Awesome entry, right within the spirit of the compo.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. They mean a lot.

Pretty awesome indeed! I like the fact that you seem to have used only Technic parts, and not Bionicle ball joints which are typical for this kind of model! :thumbup:

I avoided those on purpose. They have great articulation, but they're bulky and don't bend as far as they should. They can also look very funny on larger models, as you can end up with huge sections attached by tiny joints.

Awesome build. The jet looks great and the transformation is very original. Obviously a lot of thought went into designing this model. I agree with barman, a big gun would be icing on the cake :classic:

And another great entry! In both modes your model looks great. As usual voting will be hard.