hermez

[MOC] Bauhaus Modular Building

Hi,

I'm new around here :)

Having rediscovered LEGO a year ago, I quickly became interested in the modular series; also to give it a shot myself, which resulted in my first modular style MOC

Bauhaus Modular

1434725242m_DISPLAY.jpg

The idea was to incorporate commercial and residential space into one building, hence the small grocery store / deli on one side, and access to the residential area on the other.

Fully furbished including a living room, a kitchen, a terrace and a rooftop.

14347252431_DISPLAY.jpg

Some close up shots:

14347252442_DISPLAY.jpg

14347252443_DISPLAY.jpg

14347252454_DISPLAY.jpg

14347252455_DISPLAY.jpg

Floor by floor view:

14347252466_DISPLAY.jpg

14347252467_DISPLAY.jpg

14347252478_DISPLAY.jpg

All in all a great experience, even though I had to apply some significant changes to my original LDD design to improve stability - especially on the floors.

I'm still not completely happy with a couple of design choices/flaws (like the small gap between the horizontal arches and the building walls) - still learning! :)

Hello,

I'm not a big fan of modern houses, but yours is wonderful, particularly the interiors,

Very good job, brick on!!!!!

That's your first attempt? Please ignore me as I push my jumble of intended Modular bricks to one side.

That is awesome. I'm very impressed!

Nice modular especially for a first MOC. Well done! I really like the kitchen. Some very neat details all around.

Fantastic first modular building!! Remember, you have to start somewhere, and you never stop learning!!! But this is really impressive, I too like the angled wall for the interior (I personally would not have made it structural, as such. Almost like a 'fake' wall sitting on top of the tiles but attached the structural walls), but it effective none the less!

I look forward to many more modular buildings from you :classic: Is this going to be part of a larger layout? I'd love to see your town if you have one!!

Happy building :laugh:

Wow! Such wonderful first MOC. Lots impressed!

edit: Sorry, could not resist the doge. But honestly, this MOC is so good that it justifies it. So many details, and overall brilliant design, visually and conceptwise. Is it a sleeping couch underneath the stairs? Marvelous. I am flabbergasted! :D

Edited by Sir Stig

Thanks so much :)

I personally would not have made it structural, as such. Almost like a 'fake' wall sitting on top of the tiles but attached the structural walls

Yes, that is one of the details I am not perfectly happy with - there are some visible gaps in the floor due to the underlying structure, and this just needs some rework.

Is this going to be part of a larger layout? I'd love to see your town if you have one!!

As this is my first modular building (I finished it in May this year), unfortunately there isn't a town yet - but there definitely will be one in the future ;) I am currently working on some sort of park / recreational area - let's see where this ends ;)

Is it a sleeping couch underneath the stairs?

That's right, there's a couch underneath the stairs (I guess you could sleep on it as well?!?) ;). I couldn't justify spending close to 25 bucks on the sand blue elements for the couch alone, so it's a mix of dark and sand blue ;)

Also for anyone interested: the Bauhaus Modular's LXF is up for grabs at rebrickable.com (http://rebrickable.com/mocs/hermez/bauhaus-modular). Feel free to download and tinker around!

This is great! The curved wall looks great, although I would prefer no gap. The interior detailing is nicely done, especially the angled wall between the store and residential space. The rooftop terrace with spa is just perfect.

Thanks so much for your feedback :D

Yes, a curved fence would definitely make a nice addition, haven't thought of that yet :)

I don't love the exterior simply because the style isn't my cup of tea, but still nicely done. I must say, though, that the interior is masterful! I especially love that compact kitchen and the piano! Lovely work- can't wait to see more! :sweet:

A very good moc.

The Bauhaus style is good recognisible.

The interior is also very nice.

Well done!