Sign in to follow this  
Tomik

[MOD] Formula Off-Roader 42037 fully RC

I've bought PF servo motor about one year ago and I haven't got chance to test it. Then this ugly buggy 42037 appeared and I realized it's good volunteer for testing it. My goal was to make it fully remote controlled with adding just PF parts and keeping original look as much as possible. So after two days I've got this result.

1439360264m_DISPLAY.jpg

It's powered by one M-motor, steered by servo motor and even uglier than before. :laugh: It rides well on smooth and solid surfaces but it's pretty slow on carpet. Main issue was to find room for battery box. Front of buggy is almost unchanged and rear is rebuilt much. It can still open cab and fake engine works. It lost just seat and lights. If anyone is interested I'll share its LDD file.

14393602692_DISPLAY.jpg

14393602755_DISPLAY.jpg

14393602776_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Tomik

Wow you've squeezed here large BB!!! Very nice!

PS: it's good that you've deleted this blue seat. Why???? Why all these seats are blue????

Thank you for your comments.

Why all these seats are blue????

I think they are blue to be easily recognised. You look at model and you can see only blue part of model and it's seat. If you had blue model then it would be probably white to get this contrast.

Hi Tomik,

I'm new to Technic and just built the 42037. I want to motorize the car like the way you did it. Can you share the instruction with me? I think I want to try to put a large motor on it. Since I'm new I'm not sure the PM works or not. I can provide my email too if you wish. Thank in advance.

Hi, your modification looks cool.

I just bought 42037 also today but I don't know how to motorized a lego.

Could I ask the ldd file, please?

TIA

I appreciate your interest in my RC modification of this buggy. I haven't finished LDD file for it yet and I'm too busy now so I'll begin working on it in beginning of February.

cool. Thanks for the reply :sweet:

I appreciate your interest in my RC modification of this buggy. I haven't finished LDD file for it yet and I'm too busy now so I'll begin working on it in beginning of February.

Hmm, i really should see if i can get a deal on this set, my PF gear isnt doing anything right now, and this is a much better chassis then the 42022 hot-rod i had it in (steering on that model is crap), and i could use the suspension parts for MOCs

Only downfall are the damn off-road tires, Lego needs to put more race-worthy tires in sets :P