Ashnflash

Rumor and Discussion for New "Nostalgic" D2C

Well since we know that we are getting one more D2C that is not a Super Hero set I thought I'd make this page so that we could stop cluttering up the DC page :grin: !

Here's just2good's quote about the "nostalgic" D2C:

"Two d2cs = not both from DC

Two d2cs = nostalgic

Two d2cs = one is batcave"

Possibilities:

- Scooby Doo

- Ghostbusters

- Wizard of Oz

- Back to The Future

- Space

- Pirates

- Adventures

Edited by Ashnflash

Well, I wrote in the DC thread that I expected it wouldn't be Ghosbusters or BTTF, since those are from 1984-1985, whereas the "nostalgic" Batcave is from 1966. I believe it could be the Wizard of Oz Emerald City. It could include the Gates, a giant Oz screen, Oz's curtain-enclosed room complete with the heart clock, diploma piece, and the Medal of Honor. There could be Oz's balloon, the carpet from the iconic "if I were King of the forest scene", the "Horse of a Different Color" with its carriage, and the room where Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion are tidied up, oiled, and groomed before going to see the Wizard. Outside there could be a portion of the Yellow Brick Road and the Poppy Field, along with the Wicked Witch flying around on her broom with a smoke trail. Ideally, this could be the nostalgic D2C. Figures could include Dorothy and Toto, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, Glinda, Oz, a carriage driver, the Gate Keeper, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Emerald City citizens.

Why discuss something we don't even know is licensed? For all we know it could be a Space throwback D2C. I'd much rather discuss what information that we were given instead of pulling out straws and saying it's the right one. I personally would wait for more info. :def_shrug:

Why discuss something we don't even know is licensed? For all we know it could be a Space throwback D2C. I'd much rather discuss what information that we were given instead of pulling out straws and saying it's the right one. I personally would wait for more info. :def_shrug:

Well I thought I'd make this so that people would stop talking about this in the DC thread and I also never said it was licensed...

This thread is for speculation about a new "nostalgic" D2C set, and the second comment is suggesting that we stop? I kind of agree with you, given we have 1% fact and 99% specualtion but hey, isn't it fun?

This is good though in that it clears up all the other threads getting filled with this topic. Thank you Ashnflash.

This thread is for speculation about a new "nostalgic" D2C set, and the second comment is suggesting that we stop? I kind of agree with you, given we have 1% fact and 99% specualtion but hey, isn't it fun?

This is good though in that it clears up all the other threads getting filled with this topic. Thank you Ashnflash.

J2G confirmed this... So it's good enough for me :blush:

And ya the thread is just to clear up all the other threads!

Edited by Ashnflash

Well since we know that we are getting one more D2C that is not a Super Hero set I thought I'd make this page so that we could stop cluttering up the DC page :grin: !

Here's just2good's quote about the "nostalgic" D2C:

"Two d2cs = not both from DC

Two d2cs = nostalgic

Two d2cs = one is batcave"

Is that some sort of riddle? :laugh:

My bets:

Lincesed: Scooby Doo

No lincesed: Adventurers :wub: :wub:

YA WHAT IF THEY"RE BRINGING BACK JOHNNY THUNDER!!!!!!!

That's nostalgic, that's what got me into LEGO!

Also lets not forget he was in the new Scooby Doo set!

YA WHAT IF THEY"RE BRINGING BACK JOHNNY THUNDER!!!!!!!

That's nostalgic, that's what got me into LEGO!

Also lets not forget he was in the new Scooby Doo set!

He was? And also he was in the Super Secret Police Dropship.

Sorry, but uh, do we really need this yet? It seems too early. Might as well make D2C guessing threads. Seems way too early. :sceptic:

Edited by CM4Sci

Do we really need this lol

It is essential to our existence. We have to get all of our ideas out ASAP so just2good could possibly confirm one is right! But in all seriousness, it is nice that we can speculate in peace and not clutter up other threads or wander off topic. The root administrator is on the hunt.....

He was? And also he was in the Super Secret Police Dropship.

Here:

19685915423_78618088a7.jpg

Do we really need this lol

Have you seen the last 2 pages of the DC thread? And its even spilling into the Wizard of Oz thread! :oh3:

Edited by Ashnflash

It's some sort of "Next D2C - Guessing Game" :laugh:

LOL YA! :grin:

Shall we play a game? Hey, that's nostalgic!

Oh no please no! :tongue:

Oh I just posted all the ideas of heard for the set above!

Hey, no way! That's awesome. It's like C3PO and R2-D2 in the Lost ark tomb.

I know eh! I was just watching BRICKSHOW's reviews and I saw that I was so shocked!

I'd prefer it to be a large Scooby-Doo set.

What would you want in that set?

Edited by Ashnflash

What would you want in that set?

I think either a Malt Shop, Circus, or Museum. It'd be cool if they took the concept of the modular D2C museum set that passed on Lego Ideas and combined it with Scooby Doo. And not gonna lie, if it was a Harry Potter D2C in celebration of Fantastic Beasts, I'd take that any day :grin:

Nostalgic means:

experiencing or exhibiting nostalgia, a sentimentalor wistful yearning for the happiness felt in aformer place, time, or situation.

Don't think people get that with the Fantastic Beasts!

I think either a Malt Shop, Circus, or Museum. It'd be cool if they took the concept of the modular D2C museum set that passed on Lego Ideas and combined it with Scooby Doo. And not gonna lie, if it was a Harry Potter D2C in celebration of Fantastic Beasts, I'd take that any day :grin:

Harry potter or fantastic beasts is not going to happen, sorry it's just not going to happen. Don't think Scooby doo needs a D2C set just yet. Sure it would be interesting if that were to happen but I just can't see that happening.