Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Nine

Day Nine: Valhalla

Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84) wandered through the forest, cursing the bolt that had pierced deep into his shoulder.

IMG_2603_zpshwjwe0xm.jpg

Marching on, he vowed revenge on those that had done this to him.

IMG_2605_zpssrslsyzq.jpg

Suddenly, Petr fell weak and collapsed into the ground. He could move no more.

IMG_2609_zps1gkvotjy.jpg

On the boat, Harald the mysterious traveler was stalking the deck, sensing that they were getting closer to their destination.

IMG_2636_zpst8wtak8k.jpg

A sudden great light shone down upon Harald.

IMG_2628_zpstvlmow01.jpg

"Could it be? Have we reached Valhalla at last?"

IMG_2634_zpsg18nvlwf.jpg

From out of the night, a dragon appeared on the bow of the longship, snarling at those on board.

IMG_2631_zpsfntaublp.jpg

The einherjar rallied together to fight this fearsome foe...

IMG_2626_zpsdyzejw44.jpg

... But it was too late. The dragon had already begun spewing fire down upon them.

IMG_2637_zpszrp3kpmz.jpg

... All perished in the flames...

IMG_2612_zpse7kqboot.jpg

Harald woke up in a sweat.

"Oh. It was just another dream," Harald muttered...

IMG_2620_zpsay3ps3mg.jpg

Meanwhile, Cranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight) was sitting around doing nothing.

IMG_2647_zpsfzkfmcoh.jpg

He removed his helmet and admired his luscious locks.

"It's getting redder," he boasted.

IMG_2649_zpsj0verjbp.jpg

Across the deck, Pudding-Head (Hinckley) was preparing to fetch something from the food stores for his pig Pernilla.

"I won't be long," he assured her.

IMG_2639_zps8ahfi8yc.jpg

Pernilla waited...

IMG_2641_zpsxo8pyhxq.jpg

... And waited...

IMG_2642_zps6gth6amg.jpg

... At last, the pig heard footsteps heading towards her...

IMG_2643_zpshwtpulum.jpg

"Here, I found an apple," said Pudding-Head.

IMG_2644_zpslfgfom2a.jpg

After an apparently uneventful night, the einherjar gathered once more, relieved to find out that Petr Half-Troll had been another Corrupted einherjar. Surely there couldn't be many more left?

IMG_2653_zpsx2dlzkc0.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

IMG_1976_zpsvbvdyz9e.png Kára

IMG_1979_zpsf2fb8va7.jpg Harald

IMG_1980_zpsoatw8uto.jpg Ragnar

Characters (6)

IMG_1946_zpsx2dcvaj8.png Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

IMG_1949_zpsw4ro0e01.png Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

IMG_1966_zpsysaqwjio.png Cranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight)

IMG_1961_zpsgxcqurdi.png Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

IMG_1939_zpsjjhouj1a.png Toki (TrumpetKing)

IMG_1948_zpsq5i1jvvy.png Agnar Skull-Smasher (Adam)

The Dead

1_zpszhk3sxez.jpg Brand (Brickelodeon) - Loyal - voted out, Day One

2_zpsj6otvry9.jpg Patrekr the Red (Palathadric) - Loyal - murdered, Night One

3_zpsl8ymhll8.jpg Lambi (TheLazyChicken) - Corrupted - murdered, Night One

4_zpsvlm95tgu.jpg Jarl Name-Loser (jluck) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Two

5_zpsztemwwwn.jpg Dagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon) - Loyal - murdered, Night Two

6_zpspd491alc.jpg Mist (Mencot) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Three

7_zpsox8bp617.jpg Tarben the Wise (Tamamono) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

8_zps80phlabk.jpg Munud the Strange (mostlytechnic) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

9_zps16qdnyml.jpg Lodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors) - Loyal - voted out, Day Four

10_zpsqhskz0xe.jpg Kaupmad (KingoftheZempk) - Loyal - murdered, Night Four

11_zpsg2yqprdy.jpg Dar (Dragonfire) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Five

12_zpslad2d9u5.jpg Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs) - Loyal - murdered, Night Four

13_zpssdlqebw8.jpg Ragnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest) - Loyal - voted out, Day Six

14_zpsumjdezle.jpg Tarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j) - Loyal - voted out, Day Seven

15_zpss8tilyqs.jpg Jafri (Jackjonespaw) - Loyal - murdered, Day Seven

16_zpsu9ciqevs.jpg Lauga (Lady K) - Loyal - murdered, Night Seven

17_zpsjvhdn2jr.jpg Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Eight

Reserves

mediumsnowman

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal or the Corrupted. To win the game, the Loyal must kill all enemy factions, while the Corrupted must outnumber all rival factions. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

2b. You may give your proxy vote to a player in the following format: Proxy: Character (Player). Doing so will gift your vote to the player of your choice, effectively giving them an extra vote. You may retract your proxy in the following format: Unproxy: Character (Player).

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5b. Similarly, you may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent by another player via PM. Please paraphrase instead.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 for every 4 players alive) on the first two occasions and a mod-kill on the third.

10. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill or a replacement.

11. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

Eat me, Canute. megablocking eat me. :hmpf_bad:

So what the megabluck was Petr doing??? :look: I've bounced a few theories off of Cranebeinn and Petrus. I'll share them maybe after I've woken up.

:sing: Hey, Gods! Where's my Night Action result??? :sing:

Thank you, Gods.

And thank you, thank you, thank you, Cranebeinn, for not blocking me. :wub:

Pernilla, sorry Daddy has been such a bad example lately. Him is a potty mouth. Don't follow my lead, good girl. I'll get you two apples. Give me a hug, Pernilla. I love you. Platonically. Because I'm a good guy this time. Good piggie. I love you so much. My sweet Pernilla. Yes, I'm clearing the Pudding-Head name. I'll have to do some more building to celebrate. Dance with me, Pernilla!

Um... I never look for clues in pictures anymore, but I can't help but think that with all of us burning, an earlier suggestion made by the vig that the Scum could be priming us might be true.

But what if there is a SK arsonist and he has been priming us all this whole time and all he needs is one night to ignite us? We have caught five Scum, though what they were doing the last few nights is anyone's guess and the vig could be a Serial Killer, but what if we haven't seen anything because it is a type of priming action that is happening? Yet we didn't have any firefighter claims...

What the hell did Petr do to Toki? :look:

Hey! Hey! Hey!

How do Vikings send secret messages?

By Norse code! :rofl:

Well, it seems I was completely and utterly mistaken about Petr.

But what if there is a SK arsonist and he has been priming us all this whole time and all he needs is one night to ignite us? We have caught five Scum, though what they were doing the last few nights is anyone's guess and the vig could be a Serial Killer, but what if we haven't seen anything because it is a type of priming action that is happening? Yet we didn't have any firefighter claims...

More importantly, you've tracked everybody that's left. :wacko:

Well, it seems I was completely and utterly mistaken about Petr.

Wrong about Petr?? I think you were even more wrong about...someone else. :hmpf_bad:

So, what's your theory now?

So, what's your theory now?

I was wrong and you were right, damn. :tongue::blush:

Nothing so elaborate as the last one, but I have some observations.

Agnar and Toki were each tracked after Darr's death. Neither of them did anything. After four scum deaths (most significantly the death of their killer) you'd think if they were scum too they would've inherited something. It's possible they just wised up after they realized there was a blocker and tracker (and an investigator, as far they knew) still running around.

Petr obviously wasn't killing Toki. I guess the assumption is that Petr converted him. (Don't know why it would've taken so long, but....) We don't have much to go off of at this point. Barring an incriminating tracking result I guess lynching him is probably the next logical course of action.

I agree that Toki should be lynched. In the first Ragnarok, we had an action that could convert a player to neutral to improve our numbers. When we hit trouble, TPRU let us target the same person twice to recruit them. Maybe that's why it "took so long".

I would say this Scum team hit similar trouble of losing a great number in the first few days. Unfortunately for us, if that is the case (which I doubt it would be exact) we were allowed to use that action on anyone and converted someone with a Night Action.

Perhaps Toki was chosen because he escaped the lynch and night kill as Petr pointed out, one of his only contributions: "Why isn't Toki dead???"

Maybe they've been trying to convert us but they can't convert someone with a night action this time around, and that's why it's taken so damn long? Anyone in the town block would make a good conversion target, but we all have night actions...

Do you think they could convert someone with a passive Night Action?

Well, I can't imagine they were given four conversions. I have to assume they are able to kill again and I would hope there's only one left.

I'm guessing they wouldn't lose their conversion unless it worked, though. Isn't that usually how it goes?

They can usually pick between the two and they choose to kill so I'm baffled. We saw Petr target Toki and the most logical explanation was that he was converted, so we have to lynch Toki. Then maybe it will be over.

Agnar and Toki were each tracked after Darr's death. Neither of them did anything. After four scum deaths (most significantly the death of their killer) you'd think if they were scum too they would've inherited something.

I agree with you that the scum kill should carry over; as I've said before it's a factional kill and cannot (or should not) be lost. The last scum kill was on night three when Tarben was killed (at three scum gone). There was no scum kill night four, and Dar wasn't blocked night four before being lynched day five. In fact scum weren't blocked night four, so despite being blocked, they still didn't kill? My point is that I'm now much less convinced that being tracked not doing anything indicates Loyalty necessarily.

I agree with you that the scum kill should carry over; as I've said before it's a factional kill and cannot (or should not) be lost. The last scum kill was on night three when Tarben was killed (at three scum gone). There was no scum kill night four, and Dar wasn't blocked night four before being lynched day five. In fact scum weren't blocked night four, so despite being blocked, they still didn't kill? My point is that I'm now much less convinced that being tracked not doing anything indicates Loyalty necessarily.

We assumed my protection worked on night four, but I'm less convinced now that we haven't seen a kill in four days.

Things is, I protected Toki last night. So it's not like they've just been trying in vain to kill any of the block, at least not last night.

It's actually been six days now. :wacko:

*huh* You protected Toki??? Why the hell would you do that?

Now, I'm completely lost on you. You...Dear Odin...you spent all of yesterday frothing at the mouth to get me lynched and then you told Cranebeinn if he wanted to know who you targeted to have me track you, which I did. But why were you calling me the tracker into the night phase?

And most importantly, if you were calling me the tracker, would you protect Toki who that would mean was targeted by Petr. But more importantly (somehow, more than most, whatever) Cranebeinn has an Action and TK has claimed vanilla. Why would you protect Toki over Cranebeinn. That makes no sense. If Petrus and I were on a killing spree why would you risk losing our blocker???

Scum.

You targeted Toki just like Dave did. No idea what you guys are doing but I think we should lynch TK and night–kill Scummy–megablocks Canute.

:blush: I've been holding that in. :grin:

* If you were telling Cranebeinn that I should track you, that means you believed I was the tracker and therefore Petr was targeting Toki. So, if you're calling me the tracker (despite keeping your vote on me) how does Toki make more sense to protect than the blocker??

:blush: I meant to clarify and I'm not sure I'm any clearer but bottom line: Canute is Scum. I think... :blush:

Here's my theory. The Scum were in trouble. TPRU gave them the same save he gave us in the first Ragnarok. Petr was able to choose to keep the kill or have a conversion action. It converts to neutral, then to Scum so a conversion takes two days. You were converted and then Toki was half converted and that's what I saw Petr doing. You were desperate to get Petr to the night phase so he could finish the conversion and there would be three of you and then you could win by killing the vig.

I'm not as confident as I type that out as it sounds kind of crazy. I don't know that TPRU would use that role twice although it was a cool role to start with and we never really got to use it. But it would explain why they wouldn't want to use it in the first couple of days. If they thought there was a traitor, they didn't want to convert them to neutral.

Unless, there's some crazy option I'm not considering. :def_shrug: Or maybe it's just Toki.

But Canute, you smell really Smelly.

Scummy, you smell Scummy. :blush:

I gave up on my theory after Petr got lynched. Whether I was right or wrong didn't matter because nobody agreed with me, so even if I was right it wouldn't really matter because there's not all that much I could do on my own.

I chose to assume you were townie, which is why I advised Crane to block Petrus rather than you. :hmpf: I chose to protect Toki because I didn't know if Crane actually wanted my opinion or if you asked him to get some kind of read on me. Toki was the obvious choice for a night kill and I didn't want one to happen.

Call me out for being overly cautious or whatever, but no matter how sure you are, Pudding, we need to be freaking careful of who is getting killed. We're at six people now.

I'm glad to see that Pudding Head proved trustworthy and that Petr was in fact scum. I'm inclined to agree with the prevailing theory that Toki was converted the night before last. I can't think of another reason why Petr would've been targeting Toki, except maybe for some kind of protective or blocking ability.

Earlier in the game, we speculated that the scum might have a day role cop, which was why the targeted Patrekr. Maybe that could explain why some people were tracked but still did nothing at night? Because their action took place during the day?

However that doesn't explain why there hasn't been a kill in the past six days. If the lack of kill has been the result of some kind of priming action, then would the primed players persist even after the arsonist (or whatever the priming role is) has been killed? Which is to say, if there's some kind of scum arsonist and he or she primed three players before getting lynched, do those three players stay primed for the next person to inherit the role?

My current guess is that the scum spent the last few nights trying to convert different players, before finally managing to succeed with Toki. Last night, Toki refrained from using the factional kill because he knew it would draw attention to himself. For all he knew, he could've been tracked, exposing his conversion.

Here's my theory. The Scum were in trouble. TPRU gave them the same save he gave us in the first Ragnarok. Petr was able to choose to keep the kill or have a conversion action. It converts to neutral, then to Scum so a conversion takes two days. You were converted and then Toki was half converted and that's what I saw Petr doing. You were desperate to get Petr to the night phase so he could finish the conversion and there would be three of you and then you could win by killing the vig.

This is why I liked my theory better, it doesn't rely on the scum having...half-conversions?

Was I not pushing to have Petr killed AND blocked rather than lynching him?

Okay, what about the other four days without a kill? If I'm not the town protector and I knew who was getting blocked wouldn't that have given me a road map as to who to kill?

And if the role is exactly the same as you've described it, wouldn't've we have gone for you or Crane or Petrus to convert, rather than Toki, who's been hovering around on your scumdar for the entire game?

Call me out for being overly cautious or whatever, but no matter how sure you are, Pudding, we need to be freaking careful of who is getting killed. We're at six people now.

Overly cautious? That's the last thing I would call you. You posted again and again and again yesterday how Scummy I was, backing a vanilla who wasn't participating, at least not in public, over a power role who had proven he got real results. So you wanted to lynch me over Petr (after wanting to lynch our vig, let's not forget) whose "defense" was almost Scummier than the things Toki said earlier in the game. And then, believing I had been telling the truth, you protected the person Petr targeted that we had no idea what he was doing? Not to mention, if Petrus and I were going on a killing spree, why would we target Toki? Why wouldn't we try to take out a PR and leave the Scummy Toki behind to be an easy lynch target.

This is why I liked my theory better, it doesn't rely on the scum having...half-conversions?

As I mentioned, it's precedented. It's what we did in the first Ragnarok. Remember you're theory that I was Scum because I was Scum in the last two Ragnarok games? This theory of mine is also based on a previous Ragnarok game except it actually makes sense. It's more likely that the host would re–use a unique role than that I would be Scum because I was twice before.

Was I not pushing to have Petr killed AND blocked rather than lynching him?

Maybe later but I was pretty sure you were screaming I was Scum until the end and you never did unvote me.

Okay, what about the other four days without a kill? If I'm not the town protector and I knew who was getting blocked wouldn't that have given me a road map as to who to kill?

Just read your argument from yesterday and apply it to yourself now.

And if the role is exactly the same as you've described it, wouldn't've we have gone for you or Crane or Petrus to convert, rather than Toki, who's been hovering around on your scumdar for the entire game?

:def_shrug: I have no idea what you and your Scum team are up to.

Overly cautious? That's the last thing I would call you. You posted again and again and again yesterday how Scummy I was, backing a vanilla who wasn't participating, at least not in public, over a power role who had proven he got real results. So you wanted to lynch me over Petr (after wanting to lynch our vig, let's not forget) whose "defense" was almost Scummier than the things Toki said earlier in the game.

I decided after my argument failed that the game's continuation practically depended on you being town so I dropped my theory. Didn't I say as much yesterday after Petr's lynch?

And then, believing I had been telling the truth, you protected the person Petr targeted that we had no idea what he was doing? Not to mention, if Petrus and I were going on a killing spree, why would we target Toki? Why wouldn't we try to take out a PR and leave the Scummy Toki behind to be an easy lynch target.

"And then, believing I was an honest townie, you didn't do what you would've done assuming that I was a lying scum?" :wacko:

My accusing you ruined your plans if you were scum, not to mention nobody would've believed you were scum anyway, so I was operating under the assumption that you were townie. That's why I said to Crane that you may as well track me.

If the Petrus even attempted to kill Crane he would've been screwing himself but there wasn't a doubt in my mind that if you had your way he'd be killing Toki.

As I mentioned, it's precedented. It's what we did in the first Ragnarok. Remember you're theory that I was Scum because I was Scum in the last two Ragnarok games? This theory of mine is also based on a previous Ragnarok game except it actually makes sense. It's more likely that the host would re–use a unique role than that I would be Scum because I was twice before.

So you're saying that the scum, as per the previous game, had one convert, that works on anyone, and they used it on Toki. Not you, the tracker in the town block. Not Crane, the blocker in the town block.

Toki.

And somehow it took six days to do it.

Maybe later but I was pretty sure you were screaming I was Scum until the end and you never did unvote me.

What would unvoting you have accomplished? I was willing to go along with Agnar's suggestion but you didn't even entertain the idea, so I was worried that for some reason you had no concern about our numbers and wanted to kill anyone with even an ounce of suspicion, because they have some sort of six-day-long conversion ritual they need to get done. :facepalm:

Even lynching Toki is a risk, but we're out of leads.

Just read your argument from yesterday and apply it to yourself now.

My argument was wrong. :laugh:

:def_shrug: I have no idea what you and your Scum team are up to.

Since your argument relies on me having been scum from the start, can you explain why I chose to protect Crane and you for the entire game instead of killing you both as early as possible? You were able to be lead the charge in lynching multiple scum where I haven't exactly escaped suspicion from people outside the block.

If it takes "us" two days to convert the most suspicious vanilla still alive, what exactly were we doing on Nights Four, Five, and Six when there were no kills and (according to your logic) no protector to screw us over and I knew ahead of time who would be blocked.

I don't think the convert works like it did in the first Ragnarok, otherwise they chose literally the worst target they could have at this stage.

Why was I so utterly desperate to "keep Petr alive" (you know, after agreeing to let him get night-killed to try and prevent an additional kill) if I could just finish the worst conversion ever by myself?

I tried to speak logically to you yesterday and you repeatedly laughed at me when I was telling the truth. There was a fierce desperation to get me lynched and get Petr to the night phase.

I don't care who believes you, if you think something in Mafia, stick with it until you have proof otherwise. What kind of reason is "nobody agreed with me"? :wacko:

Protecting Toki makes no sense to me, no matter what the case is. You say you switched your viewpoint to believing I was Town but still protected Toki because you thought I was Scum. :wacko: I don't care what side you're on, protect the guy who has proven he has a Night Action.

Because now, all I know, is that Petr targeted Toki. And then you targeted Toki.

And neither one of you targeting Toki makes sense to me.

As for the number of night without a kill, I think two of the nights were to convert you and two of them were to convert Toki. I saw Toki targeted twice by people I find suspicious. I'm not saying this is correct, but it's a theory I think we should all consider. I understand you're not going to go along with it. I don't expect you to.