Sign in to follow this  
De Sandman

Cabin on the rock

Somewhere in the pacific there's a little rock island, the pirates built a cabin on it to count their treasures:

20150811_095615_copy_1024x768.jpg

20150811_095650_copy_1024x768.jpg20150811_095701_copy_1024x768.jpg20150811_095732_copy_1024x768.jpg20150811_095633_copy_1024x768.jpg

The MOC looks great. It would really benefit from some better photographs. I suggest not using flash and trying to photograph it in brighter light from multiple sides. Really beautiful build though!

This has a nice classic feel to it. The positioning of the cabin right over the water looks great and the path winding through the rocks is nice. I like all the monkeys and parrots, and a boat full o' gold is always a good idea. I also think better lighting would help, but this is still a good creation and looks like something TLG might have done if they didn't insist on always putting the pirates in such dilapidated dwellings and flimsy palm leaf huts. Good work.

Looks very lovely. Love all the little details. An unsuspecting cabin is holding a group of pirates! Wait.. maybe not too unsuspecting, I mean it does have a huge Pirate Flag. pirate_sceptic.gif

Agree to all that's been said before. Lovely, indeed!

But you need a defensive perimeter, at least one cannon. After all, it's not that the huge flag pole screams 'low profile' ;)

TLG would probably add a swivel based gun on the roof, but I think your creation deserves better, just chop down one of the palm trees and place it there... there's too many monkeys anyway! Yes, I said it! *grabspopcorn*

Best regards,

KB

Most of pirates' hideouts and cabins are not so detailed as yours. You managed well. Judging by what you created, you are a long time LEGO fan, just as I am. One of MOC-s is on LEGO Ideas site. I'd apreciate your opinion on it. It's called Pirate Battle island.