Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

Collecting/cashing in lego VIP points

I looked for the answer to this and could not find it, so sorry if this has been asked before! I want to cash in my lego VIP points in the online store, but since the sets I want are worth far more than my current point balance, I wanted to know if I will still earn points for the remainder of my purchases? - I guess I would, but wanted to check...

Edited by BrickOn

I looked for the answer to this and could not find it, so sorry if this has been asked before! I want to cash in my lego VIP points in the online store, but since the sets I want are worth far more than my current point balance, I wanted to know if I will still earn points for the remainder of my purchases? - I guess I would, but wanted to check...

My understanding is that you will earn points on the entire purchase regardless of how many VIP points you use.

Oh cool, I guess that means I should definitely just go ahead and buy things, thanks!

So in theory... if you spend £2000 (or whatever currency) on lego in the store, you'll get £100 worth of lego VIP points; which you could then spend and get £5 worth of VIP points again... bargin!

Edited by BrickOn

Typically from what I've seen, you will get VIP points added to your total based on the money spent. So if you buy 100$ worth of something, but you spend 100$ worth of VIP points, you wouldn't get any new VIP points. Likewise, if you spend 100$ and use 50$ worth of VIP points, you would get the 50 VIP points for what you spent.

Does that make sense?

Typically from what I've seen, you will get VIP points added to your total based on the money spent. So if you buy 100$ worth of something, but you spend 100$ worth of VIP points, you wouldn't get any new VIP points. Likewise, if you spend 100$ and use 50$ worth of VIP points, you would get the 50 VIP points for what you spent.

Does that make sense?

That's exactly how it works. You get VIP points for the amount you actually pay. The discount you get from using up pre-existing VIP points doesn't get factored in.