jantjeuh

[HELP] How to Sell my entire Technic Collection?

You should ask user Paul B about how to sell all your stuff I think he has done it about 4 times.. No that he is online here at the moment but he might respond to a pm or something.

If I was in NL I would buy it, and part it out myself! There's a good chance you can find someone nearby who is interested in doing that.

If I had the funds, I would help you out on this. And it could be combined with a nice trip to the Netherlands. Sorry to see you go.

For the people asking about individual sets/parts: I am first trying to sell the whole collection at once (with a huge discount). If that fails, I will look into selling individual sets/parts.

If I had the funds, I would help you out on this. And it could be combined with a nice trip to the Netherlands. Sorry to see you go.

I second that. It's more the distance for me though.

I hope you maintain your involvement with Rebrickable ... its highly valued.

@jantjeuh:

Do you consider selling the sets as a lot and the loose parts as another lot? I do not care much for any of the sets, as I have my own collection, but I might consider buying the parts for MOCs.

This is so tempting...

I do live in The Netherlands and I do have the funds at hand...

It would bring my parts collection from 75.000 to well over 100.000 parts in one big leap...

And all the very rare parts (#3 connectors!) are included as well!

Can someone make up a reason why I should not do it? :wink:

@jantjeuh:

Do you consider selling the sets as a lot and the loose parts as another lot? I do not care much for any of the sets, as I have my own collection, but I might consider buying the parts for MOCs.

Well, the sets aren't parted out right now, so it's basically a big heap of loose parts :laugh: Furthermore, these sets contain a lot of rare/expensive parts (lots of PF stuff, lots of pneumatic actuators, PP tyres, panels, etc.) that are very useful for MOC'ing.

Well, it will burn a hole in your wallet :laugh: And yeah, my collection contains a lot of expensive and rare parts (like the aforementioned #3 connectors in red).

Well, the sets aren't parted out right now, so it's basically a big heap of loose parts :laugh: Furthermore, these sets contain a lot of rare/expensive parts (lots of PF stuff, lots of pneumatic actuators, PP tyres, panels, etc.) that are very useful for MOC'ing.

Ah I see, so basically any buyer will get bucketloads of loose parts.

It is tempting, but it represents a considerable investment (€5000 - €10000 range was mentioned I believe). That is a nice real life car or motorcycle where I live.

I don't think I can justify this to myself.

The total worth is approximately 5K euro (going by average BL pricing, not sure how accurate this is), but I'm willing to go much lower if that means I can get sell it all at once, as discussed earlier in this thread :classic:

Have the funds and ability to buy the entire collection, Just not a 100% sure yet as storage space already is an issue.

going to take a good day to think about it.

This is so tempting...

I do live in The Netherlands and I do have the funds at hand...

It would bring my parts collection from 75.000 to well over 100.000 parts in one big leap...

And all the very rare parts (#3 connectors!) are included as well!

LOL!....ha, ooh man...see it thought i was a big deal, as i have serveral thousands parts.....

:wub:

Ah I see, so basically any buyer will get bucketloads of loose parts.

It is tempting, but it represents a considerable investment (€5000 - €10000 range was mentioned I believe). That is a nice real life car or motorcycle where I live.

I don't think I can justify this to myself.

i would consider it an investment, if someone buy the entire lot at a good price....and they have the time to sort through everything and start listing parts on BL, over time they could recoup there investment and eventually make a profit...over time.

Well, it will burn a hole in your wallet :laugh: And yeah, my collection contains a lot of expensive and rare parts (like the aforementioned #3 connectors in red).

the red #3 alone are like 7 Euro a pop! :look:

LOL!....ha, ooh man...see it thought i was a big deal, as i have serveral thousands parts.....

:wub:

i would consider it an investment, if someone buy the entire lot at a good price....and they have the time to sort through everything and start listing parts on BL, over time they could recoup there investment and eventually make a profit...over time.

the red #3 alone are like 7 Euro a pop! :look:

These days you only have to buy one or two flagships to have several thousand parts...

The problem with red #3 connectors is they are only worth having if you have 41 of them!