As a kid who grew up in the 80's with all of the coolest toys including the awesome M.A.S.K. line, I had always wanted to do a legit M.A.S.K. style vehicle in Technic.. I did a car back in 2009, but it wasn't very good as I was still learning how to build... When Jim announced this new contest, I decided to try my hand at a similar sized scale car(I guess around 1:18 scale) to the original vintage M.A.S.K. vehicles.. I already had the style of car in my head to go along with the name.. This model is not for the contest, but instead to test myself with something new and possibly to inspire everyone still competing during this final week...

I have been sitting on a dozen of these Technic parts 87745.giffor about 4 years trying to figure out what to do with them And I finally got the chance to use 4 of them in an interesting way.. I may use these as some type of air intakes in a future super car... Since the model was an Enforcer and would be primarily black, I knew that it would be tough to make a really interesting looking vehicle being limited with only a black and white color palette, luckily I got to absolutely abuse this part 15100.jpgwhich worked out quite nicely..

The vehicle's 4 wheels fold down by turning a small knob in the rear and both of the doors also go up at the same time to act as wings while revealing 4 small Flick Fire missiles ready to blow up the nearest bad guy... The rear spoiler pulls outwards and upwards while dropping the rear valance at the same time to expose defensive dual smoke screen blasters to blind any pursuers... The front machine guns pop out by sliding a lever forward between the seats and retracts by sliding it back.. I made use of this part 45590.jpgto lock the guns into and out of place...

The car doesn't have any steering, suspension, gearbox, or fake engine(well it does have a fake engine style cover). The wheels roll, but that is about it as I wanted to actually build something just like what I used to play wiht back in the 80's..

Anyways, here it is, The Shuriken

Brickshelf Link

s105.jpg

s101.jpg

s108.jpg

s104.jpg

s102.jpg

s500.gif.gif

s113.jpg

s121.jpg

s123.jpg

Very nice car!

What do you think - is it possible to add here suspension, steering and transmission? Just curiosity :)

Crowkillers' quality but in miniature, its brilliant, just like a real MASK toy and the best use of 8435's wheels ever!

Will you make instructions? I can't see any rare parts (except enzo rear lights) so I guess white and red versions can be done.

This is a beautiful model, and I love the transformation! I hope you make instructions for it.

Looks great! Some of the paneling is a little similar to the assassin but I guess that's your style. Recognisable as your work as well!

Great looking model Paul. :wub:

It's a pity that it doesn't steer, but given the complexity that would involve with the folding wheels it is understandable.

What is the reason for not entering the competition? I'd say the division between A and B categories is especially made to entice builders like yourself to enter the competition...

Absolutely outstanding. I love the simple idea of one winding mechanism to go between modes and have actual firing missiles. This would win the comp easily.

Awesome work but it would be better with steering. Are you sure you couldn't do something like this?

800x478.jpg

just like a real MASK toy

Exactly what I was thinking! This really nailed the M.A.S.K. toys in Lego (even the no-steering :classic:), yet...

This model is not for the contest

s500.gif.gif

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Like Jeroen said, the A category is perfectly suited for stuff like this and having this not enter would be a real pity, since it has winning potential for sure!

I'd even ask Jim to force it in :wink:, can't have a perfect example of Lego MASK model not be in the contest.

I never had M.A.S.K. toys as a kid, but if they were anything like this then I wish that I had.

Superb, as others said - to bad you won't compete, such creation deserves to race (&win, most probably :-) I really wish you'll enter, to see how close we can get to the "big" boys, and it's about time for somebody to knock Jeroen of the throne :devil: (just playin')

I like it too... I like the car curves, paneling and details... then easy to use mechanism for opening doors and folding wheels... It's like a toy from toy shop... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Wait a sec, this is NOT for the contest??? I didn't catch that part on the first read through. To me this seems like the perfect example of what the contest is all about. Like others have said, you should most definitely reconsider and enter it.

Very nice transformation! I like how quick it is. I'll join the chorus of voices suggesting you enter the contest.

Great looking model Paul. :wub:

It's a pity that it doesn't steer, but given the complexity that would involve with the folding wheels it is understandable.

What is the reason for not entering the competition? I'd say the division between A and B categories is especially made to entice builders like yourself to enter the competition...

It was done a couple of years ago for a comp on here, it was like ship to shore where you had to build an amphibious vehicle. I'll go an find it