Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk STX

[K-C08] A Bolt of Thunder

Tags: Kawashita, Lorstan II, Spaceship, Military

Well, the search for Aera continues, but I’m not a part of it. Instead, I’ve been officially promoted, and given a flight to command! How cool is that? I’m pretty sure that Commander Turtle got the screaming heebie jeebies at the news, so I’ll just have to make sure that I do an awesome job. How hard can it be? Of course, I’ll have to whip my new rookie crew into shape first…

08-01_zpsrlyqcdtd.jpg

Character%20Blackhawk_zpssparmkfx.jpg Blackhawk: Let’s see. Ensign Harrison, Shane.

Character%20Greenhawk_zpszjeklhbq.jpg Greenhawk: Yes, sir!

Character%20Blackhawk_zpssparmkfx.jpg Blackhawk: Your call sign will be Greenhawk.

Character%20Greenhawk_zpszjeklhbq.jpg Greenhawk: GREENhawk, sir? That sounds like a name for a MANTIS Bug!

Character%20Blackhawk%20grin_zps6b5dzx57.jpg Blackhawk: Yeah, ‘cause it’ll mean you can be squashed like a bug if you get out of line.

Character%20Greenhawk_zpszjeklhbq.jpg Greenhawk: Umm… yessir.

Character%20Blackhawk_zpssparmkfx.jpg Blackhawk: Keller, Ryan. Your call sign is now Grayhawk.

Character%20Grayhawk_zpsc32yoaxk.jpg Grayhawk: Understood, sir.

Character%20Blackhawk_zpssparmkfx.jpg Blackhawk: And Nelson, Ariel. Umm, where’s Ensign Nelson?

Character%20Grayhawk_zpsc32yoaxk.jpg Grayhawk: Unexpected delays or some such, sir. She’ll be arriving late.

Character%20Blackhawk%20annoyed_zps05pxmtof.jpg Blackhawk: What?? I’m leading a partial flight? Darn it…

Character%20Blackhawk_zpssparmkfx.jpg Blackhawk: Oh, well. Listen up! You’re now a part of Raptor Flight! We’re going on a training mission to get you guys up to speed. We’ll be flying recon patrol around Lorstan II. We expect no opposition, so it should be a cake walk. We’ve been assigned some Thunderbolt interceptors, just to make sure there isn’t any problem. Let’s get prepped, fellas!

08-02_zpswbniii8s.jpg

08-03_zpskyqmjxet.jpg

08-04_zps1f1mdizr.jpg

08-05_zps0xkoipkg.jpg

08-06_zpsaygl2hsq.jpg

08-07_zpsm4r35zhz.jpg

08-08_zpskuk53ucl.jpg

Now this is more like it!

Last week I slipped back into old habits a bit. This week, however, is a distinct improvement, I think. I really couldn't be happier with this build, and in fact I think it's my favorite one so far. I will be so not happy to dismantle it... It's quite a solid little build!

C & C's welcome!

Agreed, this is probably your best build so far. Very sleek and nice incorporation of the Kawashita colours :thumbup:

Nice fighter! You keep improving :thumbup:

Also fun to see Blackhawk back to his usual self, and now he's leading a team (how did that happen? I feel kind of sorry for them :sceptic:)

Great work with this, Blackhawk, very sleek and cool ship, definitely one of your best yet!

Super cool ship! If you want to save it but cannot keep it together, may I suggest remaking it in LDD? I have done that with all my vehicles so I can remake them someday.

Oooh! Cool ship! One of your best, I think! :grin: The engine shaping is excellent! Also, I think your photography looks better too! :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Nice fight it looks like it has a lot of power. This one is my favorite of your builds so far.

Thanks! I think this is a personal best as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to top it, and soon!

Great fighter!

Considering your Tsurugi, I consider that high praise indeed! :blush:

Agreed, this is probably your best build so far. Very sleek and nice incorporation of the Kawashita colours :thumbup:

Thank you very much! I'm building my part inventory, so my builds are looking a little less motley...

Nice fighter! You keep improving :thumbup:

Also fun to see Blackhawk back to his usual self, and now he's leading a team (how did that happen? I feel kind of sorry for them :sceptic:)

Lol! No kidding, right? The thing is, Blackhawk really is a great pilot. He has the potential to be a legend if he can survive his recklessness and his fellow teammates...

Definitely my favorite of yours yet! The shaping is superb and I love the engines :wub:

Thanks! Yeah, the engines came out well. They wound up being easier than I thought they would be!

Very sleek and powerful looking! Great work!

Thank you very much!

Great work with this, Blackhawk, very sleek and cool ship, definitely one of your best yet!

Thank you! I'm really pleased with the result...

Super cool ship! If you want to save it but cannot keep it together, may I suggest remaking it in LDD? I have done that with all my vehicles so I can remake them someday.

Thanks! I've been LDDing my builds as well, for the same reason. Still, it would be nice to set this baby on a shelf for long term enjoyment. Well, maybe someday!

Oooh! Cool ship! One of your best, I think! :grin: The engine shaping is excellent! Also, I think your photography looks better too! :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thank you! Hopefully, there will be more and better coming soon! :wink:

Super job! I like how the engines wrap around the main body. Excellent work!

Thank you very much!

Nice craft!

Thanks!

Looking good! Really nice shaping around the engines in particular.

The shapes of this fighter are amazing!

Thank you! The shapes came out really well. I'm quite pleased with the result!

Looking good! Really nice shaping around the engines in particular.

Thanks! Glad the engines came out as well as they did...

As you said in your first post, this is a real improvement compared to your previous builds. :classic:

Thank you very much! I keep looking for ideas, here and elsewhere, for inspiration to improve how I build. Glad to know it's paying off!