Sign in to follow this  
David FNJ

[M - D04] Frigate Raid

Tags: MANTIS, piracy, military, spaceship interior

20408637091_6452985fa1_c.jpg

AG: Frigate Raid by David FNJ, on Flickr

Double D's log 13:

We've managed to break into a Kawashitan Frigate in one of its open hallways, and we have located our target. We are after the Kawashitan strategic plans which are encoded inside a funny looking device. We have been tracking the device's movement on the frigate for some time, and now that it is in the open it is our time to strike. They should know that we don't like other corporations moseying around in our territory, and this device will make our attacks more effective later.

20214481138_db2b1d7211_c.jpg

The Kawashitan commander will not escape the hand of M.A.N.T.I.S.

20402471775_c2718ba20b_z.jpg

20215847119_f287464980.jpg

20393884102_e7cfaba127.jpg19781549793_ef1cbcb753.jpg

Okay, so he got away, but we got the device! Now to head out of here before the rest of the Kawashitan security force arrives!

20215884919_be7420e64c_z.jpg

~ DD out

Here are some extra shots of the build.

Sci-Fi crates!

20393883912_a60c04fb8e_z.jpg

20408637221_112bbcf49c_c.jpg

20393872812_325e725929_c.jpg

Bonus pictures of behind the scenes

20615581229_f955a3be96_z.jpg

20179742694_15552935e1_z.jpg

20181371583_a274641bb2_z.jpg

20179742784_96698955d3_z.jpg

20792885932_84ce150e2a_z.jpg

20615581499_cfcee1e328_z.jpg

Edited by David FNJ

Nice angled walls! Good way to make a spaceship interior.

That said, I'm slightly concerned by all the killing. Tbh I'm surprised no-one has been court martialled or something from this, given that we're companies not warring factions!

Edited by Commander Turtle

I'm awfully curious as to how you made those walls :D Any chance of you posting a tutorial? : )

Fantastic walls and the action is really cool! Not sold on the pink, but I understand why you did it, and it is a nice use of the part. :wink:

Another fantastic build from you, the angles here are super cool and I must say I really like the pink! The crates are really neat too and great work with the action posing! :thumbup:

Very cool build! The wall are great. I am also curious about the pink. Kawashita must be aligned with the forces of Slaanesh. :laugh: (shamless 40k reference) It all makes sense now.

Excellent build David FNJ! Great job with all the angles on the walls, and the space-crates and fighting scene are quite nice as well!

Great build! Love that wall! And I love the pink too! Such an underused colour! :classic: great job! :grin: the action rocks too!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is a murderous attack on a sovereign Kawashita vessel on sovereign Kawashita territory. In my view this is against the spirit of the game.

I have to agree with Robuko. In contrast, I think Commander Beltar handled a story with death well by having it send him to HQ to get court martialled, and just generally put him on Kawashita's own bad books. I'm not entirely comfortable with the corps just having war without consequence, we should still be accountable on some level.

^Love that Slaanesh reference! :laugh:

You guys realize MANTIS basically advertises itself as not-quite-legal... right? Some of their tactics are above the board... but a lot are not. They were a criminal enterprise before AG, and are implied to still be that in some respects. I'm sure they had a reason to raid the frigate... or else Will deny this ever happened, or that it was perpetrated by unaffiliated raiders even though those responsible are using MANTIS equipment...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This never happened.

And even if it did (it didn't), it was perpetrated by unaffiliated raiders.

And even if it did happen (it didn't), and even if the troops were M.A.N.T.I.S. (they weren't), how could they have known this was a Kawashita vessel? Kawashita vessels aren't pink :innocent2:

We do have a stun setting on our MANTISâ„¢ Death-Ray Blasters you know. :wink:

And we needed that device...thing to find out why Kawashita is so near our home planet. Yeah, we know outside this story why they are, but I'm making it so that my character doesn't know quite yet, so this device will help him find out that part of the story that we already know.

Edited by David FNJ

This never happened.

And even if it did (it didn't), it was perpetrated by unaffiliated raiders.

And even if it did happen (it didn't), and even if the troops were M.A.N.T.I.S. (they weren't), how could they have known this was a Kawashita vessel? Kawashita vessels aren't pink :innocent2:

Absolutely. (Because it didn't)

We do have a stun setting on our MANTISâ„¢ Death-Ray Blasters you know. :wink:

And we needed that device...thing to find out why Kawashita is so near our home planet. Yeah, we know outside this story why they are, but I'm making it so that my character doesn't know quite yet, so this device will help him find out that part of the story that we already know.

These are totally not M.A.N.T.I.S. agents. This did not happen. Stop making more PR nightmares. (And explain why pilots and scientists are trying to do PR for the Spec. Forces. :tongue: )

That's an awesome interior! I really dig the colours, with the pink.

And cool fight scene!

Thanks a bunch all! I really appreciate the feedback!

I've uploaded some behind the scenes shots.

Bonus pictures of behind the scenes

20615581229_f955a3be96_z.jpg

20179742694_15552935e1_z.jpg

20181371583_a274641bb2_z.jpg

20179742784_96698955d3_z.jpg

20792885932_84ce150e2a_z.jpg

20615581499_cfcee1e328_z.jpg

Great, thank you! I will study these thoroughly! :D I've only now noticed that there's also something else going on behind the glass! Great job, such an amazing build!