Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, keba said:

Santa's Workshop and Winter Elves.  I like the titles. I hope one of them is NOT a diorama.  I strongly suspect Santa's Workshop is a little scene, but maybe the Winter Elves will be a kind of add on to the Elf Clubhouse.  

Edited by Celtchief

Not sure why one building is 6.5 wide and the other just mainly 5 studs. Even if it's "just" 1 to 1.5 stud, at this scale it's still quite a difference.

i may get the new main street set. the tram will be pulled by my e69 locomotive though. i have space for the buildings.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:54 AM, PGBQW said:

Most empathetic Eurobricks user

I actually probably am. So many of you are in the LEGO cult. IT'S LEGO! You act like it's food. At some point the motor will be back in stock. It's not the end of the world. I have empathy for things that matter, LEGO is not one of those things. Grow up and learn what really is important.

Edited by Maple

2 hours ago, Maple said:

I actually probably am. So many of you are in the LEGO cult. IT'S LEGO! You act like it's food. At some point the motor will be back in stock. It's not the end of the world. I have empathy for things that matter, LEGO is not one of those things. Grow up and learn what really is important.

No one said or acted like it was "the end of the world." Take your own advice...

5 hours ago, Maple said:

Found Jayden Smith's account

Edited by PGBQW

So, anyway, who here is combing this new WV Holiday Main Street set with the Hogsmeade Village Visit set? If you have, post pictures, I'm sure we'd all love to see them and how they compare!

Also, has anyone who has got / will get the new Winter Village set planning on modifying it to be less Winter-y?

Edited by Murdoch17

I will be combining it, but haven't got it yet, and may not until next year honestly. I've been in a state of nearly moving for three years, which means I've got the last four sets still in the box. However, we have now moved, so there's a chance we could go on a building steak if the weather is bad enough.

I'm still not a huge fan of the new set, but think it will be much better a part of a street, hence the name I suppose. Adding Hogsmeade will help. I wonder if they will do a part 2 next year?

I dunno…I mean, it’s hard to imagines combining Hogmmeades with Holiday Main Street. It may not feel right to mee -Hogmeade says “visit” while Main Street says “town”.

Like Murdoch17 said, I would like to see a pic!

Peeking out to see if I can speak without being accused of being a Lego Cult Member (All HAIL EMMET).  

I have Hogsmeade and ordered the Main Street, so I intend to maybe get just those two sets together over fall break and see how they look, Emmett's will be done.  Depends how quick they can shove the set out of the warehouse (With Emmet's Grace)

Edited by Celtchief
NOT A CULT (All hail Emmet)

Brick Artisan on Rebrickable lives to make anything modular. Anything.

Most recently the new winter village set. And you can see it next to modular versions of Santa's Visit and the gingerbread house, which have similar style and roof lines to Hogsmeade, and I think it works nicely together. Definitely better than the buildings being standalone.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-124898/Brick Artisan/modular-holiday-main-street/#details

750x562p.png

Edited by RichardGoring

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Most recently the new winter village set. And you can see it next to modular versions of Santa's Visit and the gingerbread house, which have similar style and roof lines to Hogsmeade, and I think it works nicely together. Definitely better than the buildings being standalone.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-124898/Brick Artisan/modular-holiday-main-street/#details

Thanks for this. I found it interesting how much the stickers influenced my feelings towards the set…I genuinely like the builds a lot more now and can definitely see me buying it if they continue with this style. 

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

(Image)

HMMMM that does look nice. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Also, the fact that the Hogsmeade Village buildings have a similar level of snow on the roof as the new main street set is nice for consistency if they're all together. Same for the Market stalls, Post Office, and Fire Station. They could all be together in the centre of town, whereas the houses are a bit further out and got hit by more snow. Might be overthinking that a bit, but the story is nice to consider.

Hey guys and gals, if you plan to buy a Christmas tre set, could you let us know what is your though about it? I’m thinking about buying it.

it’s off topic but I really hope TLG will introduce a new collection line that is more similiar to Winter Village’s systole - Halloween Villagge! I know Halloween is the second popular holiday, followed by Christmas. It would Interesing to see a new line with many costumes and monsters!

Now, back to Winter Village, everyone….

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey guys and gals, if you plan to buy a Christmas tre set, could you let us know what is your though about it? I’m thinking about buying it.

it’s off topic but I really hope TLG will introduce a new collection line that is more similiar to Winter Village’s systole - Halloween Villagge! I know Halloween is the second popular holiday, followed by Christmas. It would Interesing to see a new line with many costumes and monsters!

Now, back to Winter Village, everyone….

As a loyal Lego Cult Member  (LCM) I will be buying the tree, but I am either going to do the 2 tree model and include it in the village, or do the full tree and use it as a table decoration.  As for the Halloween Village, YES.  I think that is a great idea, and one I fully support.  

Worth noting 40499 and 40426 are back in stock on US S@H, though $5 price increase

2 hours ago, Celtchief said:

As a loyal Lego Cult Member  (LCM) I will be buying the tree, but I am either going to do the 2 tree model and include it in the village, or do the full tree and use it as a table decoration.  As for the Halloween Village, YES.  I think that is a great idea, and one I fully support.  

Could you please let me know what is your thought on Christmas tree set? As for Halloween Town, yeah! We need Halloween sets for sure. I will tag you so you will see some ideas Karakoram and I came up with. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Could you please let me know what is your thought on Christmas tree set? As for Halloween Town, yeah! We need Halloween sets for sure. I will tag you so you will see some ideas Karakoram and I came up with. 

I mean, I really like it as a decoration for the house.  So I am for sure wanting it for that. 

10 hours ago, Celtchief said:

I mean, I really like it as a decoration for the house.  So I am for sure wanting it for that. 

I think you meant "decoration for the cult"

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I like the smaller version of it they gave as a GWP a few years ago, but it's pretty neat for table decoration

Been wanting a nice, good looking Xmas tree for the village but this one just looks like they overstretched it. Does it look like that in real life? 

I’m thinking of getting the Hocus Pocus set as part of my Halloween display. So far it’s a mash up of the Vampire Haunted Mansion, the bait shop, some trick or treaters and Ghostbusters and the Scooby Doo team on a ghoulish mission. Not sure I could handle if Lego did a Halloween theme like the Winter Village, or should I say my wallet…maybe if Lego did a combined version where you take down the webs and pumpkins and add some snow and cheery lights…oh my, now I’m picturing evil elves 😂

46 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

I’m thinking of getting the Hocus Pocus set as part of my Halloween display. So far it’s a mash up of the Vampire Haunted Mansion, the bait shop, some trick or treaters and Ghostbusters and the Scooby Doo team on a ghoulish mission. Not sure I could handle if Lego did a Halloween theme like the Winter Village, or should I say my wallet…maybe if Lego did a combined version where you take down the webs and pumpkins and add some snow and cheery lights…oh my, now I’m picturing evil elves 😂

Well, I know there are Christmas lovers out there that wantWinter Village sets. But i think Halloween-themed collection line would serve a justice or Halloween fans. 

Speaking of “evil elves”….Have you watched Krampus movie? Or Nightmare Beore Christmas? :P This will help you picture more better. Spooky and festive, yet twisted, lego set…

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I like the smaller version of it they gave as a GWP a few years ago, but it's pretty neat for table decoration

Yeah, I did miss out on that GWP a ew years but I do think the regular Christmas tree set looks quite lovely and realistic. 

I dunno if it would look good next to any Winter Villae set.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But i think Halloween-themed collection line would serve a justice or Halloween fans. 

Thing is, we already got halloween sets once with the Monster Fighters series, and they decided to discontinue it