Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

28 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

There's a leaked pic in the usual place from an account named: greekbricks2

Gutted. Think this is a first for me and really might just pass

32 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

There's a leaked pic in the usual place from an account named: greekbricks2

Leaked pictures always look worse than the final images, but initial impressions are that the tram/trolley is terrific and I like the stop with the clock, but the buildings don't feel right. They look like City buildings more than Winter Village ones. They're more American than Alpine. Which feels a shame to break the style. Very boxy, without the angles or depth that all of the others have. And that probably comes from trying to get two buildings that look large out of the budget.

Edited by RichardGoring

Hm, that's certainly a new direction. I quite like it, but it might be a stretch to fit in to a classic winter village set up. I suspect a lot of people will be quite disapointed. 

Think it might look good as a small town center with the Hogsmede set, thought. 

Edited by FrkW
Pressed post before finishing.

8 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Brick Clicker has a better pic in their new video on YouTube.

Thanks Brick Clicker !!!

I count 6 figs and buildings appear 6 studs deep.

I love the trolly and plan open up the back portion if I decide not to motorize.

Hmmm tram is nice, but buildings dont belong to winter village. I dont know i must see final images. 

5 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Leaked pictures always look worse than the final images, but initial impressions are that the tram/trolley is terrific and I like the stop with the clock, but the buildings don't feel right. They look like City buildings more than Winter Village ones. They're more American than Alpine. Which feels a shame to break the style. Very boxy, without the angles or depth that all of the others have. And that probably comes from trying to get two buildings that look large out of the budget.

I recall that Brick Clicker mentioend that it reminds him of Sesame Street. I guess these buildings have an American style then?

But I preer to see the final image this Thurday. 

Well, while I understand it does not have the Alpine look so were looking for, it does have a small town look.  These building could be on the main street of any midwestern small town in the U.S.  And I think the fit well with the architecture of the train station and fire department.  I can look at this, and the fire station, being the center of town, and the more alpine buildings can be further out... but really, for me, the star of the show is the trolley.  I have wanted one for years, it was the top of my want list, and I can't wait to add a trolley line into my layout.  Thinking I will pick up R24 track to make the footprint as small as possible....  

This looks good! It's different from what we usually get, but no town is going to have the exact same architecture. It's definitely pricey for two small buildings and a vehicle, but I prefer it staying at $100 then being a larger set and losing its "quaintness." Hoping the building on the left is a bookstore, the one on the right seems to be a toy shop or emporium of some kind. The trolley is a highlight, nice to get a unique vehicle after all of the cars we have gotten over the years. I'm glad that Lego hasn't fundamentally changed the Winter Village line like it has many of its products recently.

1 minute ago, BrickJagger said:

This looks good! It's different from what we usually get, but no town is going to have the exact same architecture. It's definitely pricey for two small buildings and a vehicle, but I prefer it staying at $100 then being a larger set and losing its "quaintness." Hoping the building on the left is a bookstore, the one on the right seems to be a toy shop or emporium of some kind. The trolley is a highlight, nice to get a unique vehicle after all of the cars we have gotten over the years. I'm glad that Lego hasn't fundamentally changed the Winter Village line like it has many of its products recently.

I can't figure out if your quote about the bluecoats is funny, tragic, or both.  

I really like it. I didnt buy the last three. But definitly going to buy this one. I like the more "american" style. 

Hard to make a judgement on such a poor quality photo but it seems to be less festive? Looking forward to the official images. Part of the charm of the WV sets are the little details inside so I hope they're not lost on this edition. I've modded the Hogsmeade set for my WV so I think these will fit in but we'll see. Hopefully we see more tomorrow.

It would have needed to be more than ‘just ok’ for me to consider adding yet another winter toy shop to my collection. It’s all good though. Frees up £££ to put towards buying the 21335 Lighthouse. 

Looks different, but looks nice. I'll wait for price before deciding how much I like it.

Hm, interesting. I would much prefer one deeper, more detailed building, but this looks quite festive and a lot of stuff is going on. I guess it depends on the price, whether I’ll like it or not - 100€ seems okay, but definitely not 130€.

Edited by domen151

Oh man, that looks to be the best WV set we’ve gotten. I love it. Bonus is outside of winter, these buildings can work well in a city setting. And a cable car. :wub: Looking very forward to getting this one. 

I'll wait for the official pictures, but my first impressions aren't that good. As someone already said, the buildings look more like LEGO City than Winter Village. They don't represent my idea of Winter Village... the style and era are too different, they don't fit that well next to previous WV sets.

Edited by temes

Overall, I like it and still plan on getting it, but I agree with a lot of what everyone else is saying about the design of the buildings. They do look really good but they also look like standard Creator buildings or slightly more complex City ones than what I'd expect from Winter Village. They're just too modern compared to the more timeless style Winter Village has generally done. I do like the colors they chose and the snow detailing and decorations all look really good. The tram looks excellent though and a lot of the minifig torsos look like they'll be new for me. As a whole, the set still looks pretty cool and I look forward to ordering it in October.