Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Has anyone else put Hogsmeade Village from Harry Potter in their Winter Village display? I have and it is a beautiful addition

Building mine currently with some alterations to make more snow-covered and festive. My display won't go up until next weekend so I probably won't have pics until then.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. It seems to be the one normal Harry Potter set that's never on sale, not even 20%.

4 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Has anyone else put Hogsmeade Village from Harry Potter in their Winter Village display? I have and it is a beautiful addition

I am planning on picking it up tonight along with the taj mahal (thats a gift) to get to the 170+ to get the GWP, and it will be to add to my layout.  I already use the HP train since I think it's looks good in the village.  So I will have two HP sets in my WV.  I don't know what I am going to do if I really like the 2nd GWP, because I honestly don't need any more lego sets.... except the Disney Train.... Which I will also add to my WV.  But that is a CHUNK of change.  

Edited by Celtchief
clarification

Disney Train is a chunk of change that is retiring so better get it before the chunk gets bigger. :)

Edited by Maple

I wonder if Santa's Visit will come back into stock this year, or if it's gone until Christmas in July? I have deja vu back to last year. There are 21 things in my LEGO wish list, of which only 11 are available (8 out of stock, 2 coming soon).

Sadly in no rush to get Santa's Visit this year. Was hoping to have moved by Christmas (and will then have time and space), but it keeps getting pushed back and back. Sigh. One day.

39 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I wonder if Santa's Visit will come back into stock this year, or if it's gone until Christmas in July? I have deja vu back to last year. There are 21 things in my LEGO wish list, of which only 11 are available (8 out of stock, 2 coming soon).

Sadly in no rush to get Santa's Visit this year. Was hoping to have moved by Christmas (and will then have time and space), but it keeps getting pushed back and back. Sigh. One day.

Yeah I know that feeling. I was trying to buy Elf club House last year but it was out of stock until Feb 2021 (I think?).

I was worried that Santa’s Visit may be out of stock for a lengthy time so I bought it real darn early (September). Same ornta’s Sleigh - I bought it in October. 

I think Santa's Visit is gone for awhile. The Gingerbread House disappeared until this summer besides 1-2 brief restocks.

I bought the Elf Clubhouse and Gingerbread House this year so I think I'm good.

I also have the Elf Clubhouse and Gingerbread house unbuilt, so if I wanted to, plenty of stuff to do. I just keep hoping that we'll actually move before Christmas, and so idly think that my daughter would love Santa's Visit. But I'm happy to wait until next year. Just idly thinking about it with the VIP weekend tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Maple said:

Disney Train is a chunk of change that is retiring so better get it before the chunk gets bigger. :)

Thanks for the head's up.  I picked up the Disney Train instead.  I can pick up the HP set at Target anytime, and if it's not in this years layout, it will be in next years.  But I would have kicked myself for missing the Disney Train.  Hopefully I will get it before Christmas, but either way.... 

7 hours ago, Celtchief said:

Thanks for the head's up.  I picked up the Disney Train instead.  I can pick up the HP set at Target anytime, and if it's not in this years layout, it will be in next years.  But I would have kicked myself for missing the Disney Train.  Hopefully I will get it before Christmas, but either way.... 

I might be wrong on it retiring soon. I thought it was on the list, but it doesn't say it on the website. Either way the station is fantastic. (I don't have the train).

I managed to find a seller on Bricklink willing to sell me just the Hogsmeade buildings for $40 in new condition. It may be worth checking out the listings.

22 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. It seems to be the one normal Harry Potter set that's never on sale, not even 20%.

Zavvi in the UK have it reduced to £55 I think.  Not sure if that’s where you are though.

12 hours ago, Celtchief said:

I bought the Disney Train (71044) earlier this year and built it for my Winter Village layout. Both the train and the station look amazing, but sadly they are completely off scale with the WV sets. They are much too big - the train is an 8 stud wide train, whereas the WV Holiday Train is 6 studs wide, and the station is far wider and taller than any WV building, even the WV Fire Station. I have been looking for instructions or Stud.io 3D models of MODs where the Disney train and station have been reduced to "normal" scale, but I haven't found anything so far.  

I hope one day LEGO does a set like the 2015 3-in-1 Changing seasons again, but a bit larger, I know Santa's Visit and other WV sets can of course be modded to summer/fall with other pieces, but the 3-in-1 dynamic is just even more interesting to me.

The 3-in-1 Pirate ship had a lot of the alternate build colors really nicely hidden or used as small details, so a change from a summer to fall/winter shouldn't be that difficult in a larger set.

Edited by TeriXeri

From what I've seen, Winter Village sets have all had the same lifespan of three Christmases except for the Winter Holiday Train and Winter Village Station.  Either the the station was around a shorter time, or the train a longer than usual time, but either way they both were discontinued at the same time despite the station coming out the year after the train.  

43 minutes ago, CoNSpiracy said:

I bought the Disney Train (71044) earlier this year and built it for my Winter Village layout. Both the train and the station look amazing, but sadly they are completely off scale with the WV sets. They are much too big - the train is an 8 stud wide train, whereas the WV Holiday Train is 6 studs wide, and the station is far wider and taller than any WV building, even the WV Fire Station. I have been looking for instructions or Stud.io 3D models of MODs where the Disney train and station have been reduced to "normal" scale, but I haven't found anything so far.  

I agree.  Winter Village has a unique scale, as it's not CITY, but it's also not a modular, so it doesn't fit with the standard stuff.  Consequently many sets do not fit in the scale, and you only occasionally get a few that do from other themes.  

I was also thinking - we haven't had a set with a larger vehicle for a while.  Vehicles have been:

2010 (Bakery): Horse and Cart

2011 (Post Office): Post Van

2012 (Cottage): Snowplough

2014 (Santa's Workshop): Sleigh

2016 (Winter Holiday Train): Train (though this was the whole set)

2017 (Train Station): Station Coach/Bus

2018 (Fire Station): Fire Engine 

None of the last three have had them, which is the largest gap ever.  We ought to get one next year I think as a result.  

There was continual demand among fans for a modular police station and eventually there was one.  Could a similar thing happen with the Winter Village?

Edited by Vilhelm22

3 hours ago, CoNSpiracy said:

I've already got the WV train station, so the Disney station would not be in the village, it might be the station for Santa's Village though.  I am expanding my layout to 6 feet by 7 feet this year to create a big gap between the Winter Village and Santa's Village part of the set, so hopefully with the extra space, things won't be super crowded and have to be right next to each other.  But in terms of the trains being different scales, the reality is that there hare regular gauge and narrow gauge trains in the real world, so it happens.  Interestingly enough though, the Disney Train in real live is narrow gauge, but in my Winter Village it will be the bigger train.  

5 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Zavvi in the UK have it reduced to £55 I think.  Not sure if that’s where you are though.

I'm in the USD. So sadly for you UK AFOLS 55 Pounds is close to normal price of the set in the USA.

I'm hoping for $60USD.

The elf red hat from 40484 Santa's Front Yard is on Bricks & Pieces, but it's showing as Out of Stock.

Design number: 39182

I wonder if it will come into stock at some point.

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The elf red hat from 40484 Santa's Front Yard is on Bricks & Pieces, but it's showing as Out of Stock.

Ooh I really hope they do have it for sale! Would love some red elf hats to mix it up a little

I go home for Thanksgiving Break this week and I’ll be starting my first Winter Village display! I already have the Santa’s Visit, Sleigh and Seasonal Penguin from this year (as well as the Marvel and Star Wars Advent Calendars) plus multiple Seasonal sets and promos from the past few years that I never built. I’m excited! 

21 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Perfect!! Thank you for part ID! I will wait until it’s back in stock. 

I’m hoping there would be a female elf hat + hair in future.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Perfect!! Thank you for part ID! I will wait until it’s back in stock. 

I’m hoping there would be a female elf hat + hair in future.

I suspect that in LEGO's mind, the pink hat and ears piece is the 'female one'. Not to say that the red and green ones can't be either, but in the Build A Minifigure stations where you can get the pink ones, they pair them with a female face. So that may be it.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I suspect that in LEGO's mind, the pink hat and ears piece is the 'female one'. Not to say that the red and green ones can't be either, but in the Build A Minifigure stations where you can get the pink ones, they pair them with a female face. So that may be it.

I am not sure if we are on the same page? 

I was talking about a female elf hat WITH (+) hair, such as a braided ponytail under a pink hat.

But i do have that Rosa (I nicknamed the female elf in pink) and I love her!