Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Wow that is fantastic.  I think that is by far and away the best "completely snow covered" roof they have made.  It actually looks like it has the roof underneath and isn't just solid snow.  Normally I replace any all white roof with one more like the post office had.  The way they managed to give the illusion that there is snow covering everything rather than merely replaced by white is nothing short of spectacular.  I may have to rethink my whole layout.  *oh2*

I am really glad they spit the sleigh into its own set.  Generally speaking I hate it when they combine things that should be separate sets into one large "combo set".  (*cough* Speed Champions)  I really like that sleigh and will probably get one (but only one, I already bought several extra deer.)  By making the house a separate set I may get two or three and color swap a few walls.  It would have been highly unlikely I would have been willing to do that if they were combined into one set.  :thumbup:

 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I guess the Sleigh was part of the original idea for the set, but it would have been too expensive, so they decided to release it on its own, and they are meant to go together

I still think a small sleigh in the house with one (red noise) reindeer would have been better than just Santa alone. That way you would have a grand total of 5 reindeers including Rudolph (and a Santa doppelganger) if you buy both

 

Red nosed reindeer is owned by the The Rudolph Company, LP.  Lego can't legally just put a "Rudolph" in a set without licensing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this set. The cottage looks so cozy and there is a lot of interesting part usage. The interior looks decent for what it is and something about the faces they used for the family members gives this set such a wholesome vibe. As mentioned by others, this set goes very well with the new Santa’s Sleigh.

I’ve been wanting to delve into Winter Village forever and it looks like this might be the set that gets me started on that. I just wish I hadn’t missed out on that Fire Station a few years ago as I said the same thing about that and still missed out on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very pleased with this set, although I'm not a big fan of the colours of the wall, but I was also not so sure about this colour in the previous cottage, so...

I'm like some of you certainly gonna buy 2 or 3 (still need to be sure of the price, I read 89€ so should be around 109 CHF in Switzerland, so basically same price as the last 2 sets GB House and the Elf CH), and change the colours of the walls. I, just like the vast majority here, was looking forward to sets that could actually fit normal people in my village, since I only started it a few years ago with the Train 10254 and the Train station 10259. I got lucky to find the first Toy Shop 10249 and Santa's Workshop 10245 on the secondary market from people who were not crazy speculators.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this year's releases, and I'm sure we'll be able to accomodate this set and the other ones already announced into something fun for Christmas. Still hoping to find the wreath and I'll be fully happy :D

A wish for next year's set : something like the Christmas market 10235 with small buildings and stuff to add here and there :)

New idea : a gigantic Christmas tree for the center of the village that all villagers would come to decorate. Wouldn't it be fun?

Edited by GwladysM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwladysM said:

 

New idea : a gigantic Christmas tree for the center of the village that all villagers would come to decorate. Wouldn't it be fun?

The Toy Store kind of already has that.  I'm not saying it should not be redone at some point, but it woulld be part of a another bigger build.  I think that would go well with a town hall building.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

The Toy Store kind of already has that.  I'm not saying it should not be redone at some point, but it woulld be part of a another bigger build.  I think that would go well with a town hall building.

 

Also don't forget the GWP large spinning tree from a couple of years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GwladysM said:

New idea : a gigantic Christmas tree for the center of the village that all villagers would come to decorate. Wouldn't it be fun?

I'd like that if not for the fact we get a christmas tree in every single WV set and I dont know what to do with them at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely building!
Well-designed and nice details. Love the bird's house and the tree.
We liked the cottage as well, but not the colour of the walls, so we replaced the blue with tan.
This one is lighter blue, if I see it correctly. It looks a lot better than the cottage walls do, so we'll give it a chance.
We can always try and change the colour if we don't like it.
Two in different colours, as suggested above, is a great idea, too.

Conclusion: Want!

Edited by Withacee
wrong wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Withacee said:

We liked the cottage as well, but not the colour of the walls, so we replaced the blue with tan.
This one is lighter blue, if I see it correctly. It looks a lot better than the cottage walls do, so we'll give it a chance.

What colour do you think the walls are in the new set, if not medium blue as in set 10229?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoNSpiracy said:

What colour do you think the walls are in the new set, if not medium blue as in set 10229?

This one is light royal blue instead of medium blue. Next to each other the two colors do stand out from one another—a good set to look at to compare the difference between the two is 10246 Detective's Office, which used both colors together on the upper floors of the rightmost building.

Personally I think the blue color works well to convey the cool colors of a snowy nighttime scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoNSpiracy said:

What colour do you think the walls are in the new set, if not medium blue as in set 10229?

According to Brickset's review, it's light royal blue (Bricklink Color Bright Light Blue).

https://brickset.com/article/63472/review-10293-santa-s-visit

 

And yes, this colour works pretty well for me!

I agree, it looks "cool", literally. Matching the snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen the new cottage next to the old one along with some of the other WV builds, I am really looking forward to owning it. I was a little unsure of the blue colour used for both, but now I think for me they complement each other. Lego did it again

Santa has a belly! I love this version!!!

Edited by Yellowturnip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stebai said:

Also don't forget the GWP large spinning tree from a couple of years ago.

That’s what I used last year & plan to until something better comes along. The one...well, two....from the Toy Shop is pretty good, but the base & other details make it a better centerpiece. 

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I'd like that if not for the fact we get a christmas tree in every single WV set and I dont know what to do with them at this point

Exactly. Obviously they’re all gonna come with a tree...but man, can we get a break already! Toss in the Calendars & we have a decent Christmas tree farm business. :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do we have some info on GWP? I am little confused - is one of GWPs inclduing Santa’s sleigh, correct? 

I think it's called "Santa and Mrs Claus Living Room" or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do we have some info on GWP? I am little confused - is one of GWPs inclduing Santa’s sleigh, correct? 

Santa’s sleigh isn’t a GWP, it’s a regular set that will hopefully be in stock long enough for everyone to get. 
 

The two Christmas GWPs are rumoured to be “Santa’s front yard” and “Mr & Mrs Claus’s Living Room”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, alsielou said:

Santa’s sleigh isn’t a GWP, it’s a regular set that will hopefully be in stock long enough for everyone to get. 
 

The two Christmas GWPs are rumoured to be “Santa’s front yard” and “Mr & Mrs Claus’s Living Room”

Ok thanks. I was just confused on my end but thanks for your time to clairify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, GwladysM said:

I really hope they stock up this time! I could not get my hands on the Christmas wreath last year and I was so disappointed. I heard it could be released again this year so I keep my eyes open in case it does but I try no to get my hopes up too high ;)

Looking forward to the official reveal, I read a guy's comment on another site that said this year's release will be a re-edition of the cottage. I don't know what to think. On the one hand I'm happy because second market is out of control for old WV sets, but on the other hand, I was kind of expecting a brand new idea for this year.

Let's hope they won't take too long before announcing it :)

Looks like a updated version of the old cottage for this year.  Should be an official announcement soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LegoDW said:

Looks like a updated version of the old cottage for this year.  Should be an official announcement soon!

It’s on Lego Shop website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:00 AM, GwladysM said:

New idea : a gigantic Christmas tree for the center of the village that all villagers would come to decorate. Wouldn't it be fun?

I doubled the height of the tree from the original Toy Shop set, and added mini Christmas lights.  I think it makes a nice town Christmas tree in my park area.

20191110_123438.thumb.jpg.005aaaefbf209d79d49c1b2248343ee0.jpg

Sal
WFB, WI

Edited by legoboy3998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any suggestions for other sets outside the WV theme that could fit into my christmas town?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Any suggestions for other sets outside the WV theme that could fit into my christmas town?

Hogsmeade Village Visit 76388 is ripe for conversion to WV @PGBQW. You just need to remove the HP build elements / stickers. I personally think the Honeydukes would work better in this case almost straight from the box (one needs to fix the chimneys to be the same height and that's about it), but the other building needs more work to be less wonky-looking. (I did so by deciding which series of windows I wanted - big 1x2x3 or small 1x2x2- and replacing all of the other type with this window. Also, one of the chimneys needs to be fixed here too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Hogsmeade Village Visit 76388 is ripe for conversion to WV @PGBQW. You just need to remove the HP build elements / stickers. I personally think the Honeydukes would work better in this case almost straight from the box (one needs to fix the chimneys to be the same height and that's about it), but the other building needs more work to be less wonky-looking. (I did so by deciding which series of windows I wanted - big 1x2x3 or small 1x2x2- and replacing all of the other type with this window. Also, one of the chimneys needs to be fixed here too.)

That set looks lovely, so despite not being a HP fan I might get it! The tabern building has "old town pub" vibes so I think it actually come handy without any modifications at all! Thanks for the idea mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Any suggestions for other sets outside the WV theme that could fit into my christmas town?

40424: Winter Snowball Fight is still available at lego.com at the moment. 

40424-1.jpg?202008270409

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.