Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

I think a sweet shoppe is long overdue and would fit perfectly within the theme. I also love the idea of a town hall, tavern, café, book shop, another cottage or even a little farm, with several sheep :-)  

I would be surprised if it were another fantasy building.  It doesn’t matter too much to me what the theme is though, so long as the building has the right aesthetic. I look forward to the announcement :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@mouseketeer’s MOCs are brilliant.  Would love to see some of his ideas but LEGO versions of the sets - please note I would only support the taking of a set title but not the whole idea.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Harry Potter Hogsmede set is a candy shop and a pub. Obviously it's not a WV set but considering the similar architecture and snow covered roofs it would surprise me if we got either of those in the WV set this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really creative thing would have been to make the Gingerbread House a sweet shoppe instead of a house with real Gingerbread people living there.  That way you get a full scale GBH, but it still fits in the WV without going too fantastical.  All that said, I agree that a sweet shoppe is an overdue idea, as are several other types of buildings that belong in any village.  Not that I haven't enjoyed the Gingerbreads and Santa  and the elves (because I have), but I'm hoping they get back to a more realistic addition this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I’ve enjoyed the fantastical Winter Village sets, I wouldn’t mind something a bit more grounded this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 6:45 PM, jonwil said:

A tavern won't happen for obvious reasons.

 

There is a pub in Hogmeade Visit…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 3:45 PM, jonwil said:

A tavern won't happen for obvious reasons.

 

As mentioned, the Hogsmeade set has a pub, with an actual bar this time! The PotC London Escape had a partial one, with a usual keg. And we had one in the Detective’s Office, sans the actual bar part...but we know. So it could happen & they could swing it as being a tavern serving hot chocolate.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, Arstotle said:

The really creative thing would have been to make the Gingerbread House a sweet shoppe instead of a house with real Gingerbread people living there.  That way you get a full scale GBH, but it still fits in the WV without going too fantastical.  All that said, I agree that a sweet shoppe is an overdue idea, as are several other types of buildings that belong in any village.  Not that I haven't enjoyed the Gingerbreads and Santa  and the elves (because I have), but I'm hoping they get back to a more realistic addition this year.

That’s what I “imagine” mine is. I still build the set as is, so interior wise it’s still a house. But in my mind, it’s simply an over enthusiastic store owner who really gets into Christmas. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought the Hogsmeade buildings on BrinkLink and plan to mod them for WV use. Looking forward to this year's model and I doubt I'm going to roll the dice waiting for a GWP like I did last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

 

Trains - it was hope but only sort of an expectation.  I really did have my hopes up - but when they were produced before they only had them every 2 years so I guess it’s no surprise really.

 

The trains release cycle is actually every 4 years. so that release is next year.  Keep an eye out for the current trains to have a “retiring soon” tag. Usually happens around October.
Also the Highspeed train and Blue freight train came out in 2014, retired in 2018, same year as the Green freight and Blue/Yellow passenger train released. 
 

Also a good way to know if a fairground set is releasing next year instead is to look back at the friends fairground sets. If I recall, they released the friends coaster a year before the real rollercoaster set release.  I think this year they changed up the schedule because of 2020’s lockdowns the designers were probably not able to get the design done in time for production.  Just a theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ncx said:

The trains release cycle is actually every 4 years. so that release is next year.  Keep an eye out for the current trains to have a “retiring soon” tag. Usually happens around October.
Also the Highspeed train and Blue freight train came out in 2014, retired in 2018, same year as the Green freight and Blue/Yellow passenger train released. 

Sorry - I thought I specified - as I’m talking about 18+ slots, I meant the Emerald Night, Maersk Train, and Horizon Express (2009, 2011, 2013).  Trust me I’m aware of the city ones, owning every city set from the 2010 and 2014 waves.  But as an Expert train clearly isn’t coming this year, unless it’s 10296, that means WV won’t be cancelled.

8 hours ago, ncx said:

Also a good way to know if a fairground set is releasing next year instead is to look back at the friends fairground sets. If I recall, they released the friends coaster a year before the real rollercoaster set release.  I think this year they changed up the schedule because of 2020’s lockdowns the designers were probably not able to get the design done in time for production.  Just a theory

Really good point there which makes perfect sense - hadn’t thought about that at all.

 

Back to WV though, JediJacPenguin has confirmed there will be one this year.  

Also, with the leak of the recoloured 10271 Fiat 500, I wonder if there could be any WV recolours?  Though imho I think it would only work on the included vehicles like in WVPO and WVS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished building the Elf and Gingerbread house sets.  Hope this new set doesn't focus so much on the chimney like these two.  They are nice, but a lot of brick are tied up in these Chimney's.

Of the two, IMHO prefer the looks of the Gingerbread house.  It is scheduled to retire, if you don't have recommend getting.  The Gingerbread mini figs are ok, can replace them with traditional mini figs if you don't like, house looks great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Vindicare said:

As mentioned, the Hogsmeade set has a pub, with an actual bar this time! The PotC London Escape had a partial one, with a usual keg. And we had one in the Detective’s Office, sans the actual bar part...but we know. So it could happen & they could swing it as being a tavern serving hot chocolate.

Not to mention - if I remember correctly, there is a new Marvel set with Bro/Fat Thor. There is a ton of beers in it! And I think it has barrel too? 

So I think Winter Village Travern/inn would be very neat. But I will not hold my breath for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not to mention - if I remember correctly, there is a new Marvel set with Bro/Fat Thor. There is a ton of beers in it! And I think it has barrel too? 

So I think Winter Village Travern/inn would be very neat. But I will not hold my breath for it. 

There’s definitely plenty of booze throughout many themes. He’s literally got a beer belly  :tongue:

(As I sit watching Star Wars) And lets not forget the biggest bar set t date, the Catina. I wonder if the 18+ that they now have would better the chances...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

So I think Winter Village Travern/inn would be very neat. But I will not hold my breath for it. 

Agree Tavern for weary travelers would be a nice addition to the series.  My guess for this years set will be something more outdoors, a ice skating pond with gear driven skaters.  My second guess is sticking with the Phantasy theme... release of Santa's Workshop.  Not looking forward to any releases, just getting that vibe.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like the things they are missing are a tavern, sweet shop, and town hall. You could also say butcher, but that feels very unlikely, or general store, but somewhat bland.

We've already had Santa's workshop, but maybe Santa's house would be sufficiently different if the fantasy line continues. Possibly the reindeer stables, but would they put a reindeer in again so soon, and would they have the budget to put more than one in?

Or take it completely out of olde worlde style and do a Christmas logistics and flight tracking control center for the elves to manage Santa's journey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for a non fanatasy set. On the other I'm hoping for a fantasy set. Gives me a reason not to buy it (don't like the fantasy sets) and go for one of many builds I bought the instructions for lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It feels like the things they are missing are a tavern, sweet shop, and town hall. You could also say butcher, but that feels very unlikely, or general store, but somewhat bland.

We've already had

Possibly the reindeer stables, but would they put a reindeer in again so soon, and would they have the budget to put more than one in?

I agree with you on Butcher. I feel that it could lose a touch of Christmas spirit and it would be weird to see it in Winter Village. 

Oh Reindeer Stable sounds really neat!  Since we do have a reindeer from Elf’s Clubhouse, I think a stable could come with 2 or 3 reindeers if the designers have some “leftover budget” for them. Of course, a stable could include a few elf minfigures (with new female elf hat+hair mold).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with you on Butcher. I feel that it could lose a touch of Christmas spirit and it would be weird to see it in Winter Village. 

Oh Reindeer Stable sounds really neat!  Since we do have a reindeer from Elf’s Clubhouse, I think a stable could come with 2 or 3 reindeers if the designers have some “leftover budget” for them. Of course, a stable could include a few elf minfigures (with new female elf hat+hair mold).

I suggested the butcher just thinking about what you'd need to set up a Christmas meal. We've had the bakery, toy shop, and post office. And you could have a couple of neat minifigures and the turkey. It's something that's nice and olde worlde. But not really the family vibe that they go for.

Reindeer stables would be cool, but would they include the 2-3 reindeer that you'd really need? Maybe, I suppose. Some of the safari city sets this year have several animals in, but none that have multiple large animals in it.

Ooh, how about a Santa battle back, with two elves and two reindeer in? Better yet, robot Santa from Futurama to make it both truly 18+ and a real battle pack! ;)

Probably not too long to wait, and I'm particularly looking forward to this year's one as we'll (hopefully) have moved in October and so have room to actually get out and build the new sets instead of just having the older ones out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I suggested the butcher just thinking about what you'd need to set up a Christmas meal. We've had the bakery, toy shop, and post office. And you could have a couple of neat minifigures and the turkey. It's something that's nice and olde worlde. But not really the family vibe that they go for.

Reindeer stables would be cool, but would they include the 2-3 reindeer that you'd really need? Maybe, I suppose. Some of the safari city sets this year have several animals in, but none that have multiple large animals in it.

Ohh, I didn’t realize Butcher’s Shop was your suggestion! You make a good pinlart about setting up a Christmas meal, such as turkey or pork pieces in Butcher’s Shop (sorry vegans!). I just imagine - a butcher greeting customers with a blood on his apron…. No thanks! Instead of it, a butcher with Santa’s hat greeting customers! :) 

BoHmm… Well, I am not sure if 2 - 3 reminders would be reprinted for this stable idea.  And yes Wildlife Rescue does have some new animals - lion (with mane), lion cub, elephant calf, full-grown elephant, and monkey. You are right - none of these sets don’t have multiple large animals. BUT elephants did show up in two sets while maned lions and their cubs (both of them are ecolored) show up in two sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were to include a butcher, I'd like it to be based on this scene from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol - admittedly his only book I've actually read despite owning inherited antique copies of all of them, but truly an amazing read all the same.

 

“What’s to-day, my fine fellow?” said Scrooge.

“To-day?” replied the boy. “Why, Christmas Day.”

“It’s Christmas Day!” said Scrooge to himself. “I haven’t missed it. The Spirits have done it all in one night. They can do anything they like. Of course they can. Of course they can. Hallo, my fine fellow!”

“Hallo!” returned the boy.

“Do you know the Poulterer’s, in the next street but one, at the corner?” Scrooge inquired.

“I should hope I did,” replied the lad.

“An intelligent boy!” said Scrooge. “A remarkable boy! Do you know whether they”ve sold the prize Turkey that was hanging up there – Not the little prize Turkey: the big one?”

“What, the one as big as me?” returned the boy.

“What a delightful boy!” said Scrooge. “It’s a pleasure to talk to him. Yes, my buck.”

“It’s hanging there now,” replied the boy. “Is it?” said Scrooge. “Go and buy it.” “Walk-er!” exclaimed the boy.

“No, no,” said Scrooge, “I am in earnest. Go and buy it, and tell them to bring it here, that I may give them the direction where to take it. Come back with the man, and I’ll give you a shilling. Come back with him in less than five minutes and I’ll give you half-a-crown.”

The boy was off like a shot. He must have had a steady hand at a trigger who could have got a shot off half so fast.

 

I love this scene, from when Scrooge has seen his past, present, and future self, and turns good.  It's the way I'd like to see a butcher in the WV line work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

If they were to include a butcher, I'd like it to be based on this scene from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol - admittedly his only book I've actually read despite owning inherited antique copies of all of them, but truly an amazing read all the same.

...

I love this scene, from when Scrooge has seen his past, present, and future self, and turns good.  It's the way I'd like to see a butcher in the WV line work.

Yes, that's what I had in mind too. It fits nicely with the WV idea/theme, although maybe not LEGO's approach to it, especially in terms of final model execution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Bad Batch sets and Bro Thor Apartment both showed up from S@H.
This weekend picked up several sets from Wal-Mart stores on clearance.  Speed Champions Lamborghini's, DC Wonder Woman, Ninjago VS. sets, couple Vidiyo character sets I didn't have, basically anything I could find of interest at 50% off or greater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rockstaremcee said:

My Bad Batch sets and Bro Thor Apartment both showed up from S@H.
This weekend picked up several sets from Wal-Mart stores on clearance.  Speed Champions Lamborghini's, DC Wonder Woman, Ninjago VS. sets, couple Vidiyo character sets I didn't have, basically anything I could find of interest at 50% off or greater.

I’m sorry but I’m not sure why you posted this here? Is it relating to Winter Village theme or…?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

On 7/31/2021 at 9:18 AM, FrkW said:

The Harry Potter Hogsmede set is a candy shop and a pub. Obviously it's not a WV set but considering the similar architecture and snow covered roofs it would surprise me if we got either of those in the WV set this year. 

That’s a good point and I agree. I mustn’t forget to pick up that set…. (Have been waiting for a decent discount)

Although I would enjoy a butchers shop in the winter village, I can’t see that happening.  I could see TLG releasing a ski shop however; selling skis, snowboards, skates and snowshoes etc. in a gorgeous little old style building. 
 

Edited by alsielou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.