Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Withacee said:

I think re-releases are great for people who missed older sets. I have them all (WV), so I shall not buy them, even if they have new or updated parts.

They are also great for those who have too much Lego (well, I mean not enough free space), that's a good way not to buy another set this year :D

(also, even if I didn't get all the winter village sets, displaying them in winter takes some space...)

Edited by antp

After seeing a part of the "Jul i juli" (Play on words in Danish meaning Christmas in July) at a funfair, I am quite a bit in a Christmas mood. There was a parade of the Father Christmases/Santa Clauses from around the world who take part in the yearly World Congress for Father Christmases. Restaurants and rides are decorated and there is a Christmas market. And it all in 28 degrees Celsius and sunshine. Now I have an idea how it is to celebrate Christmas on the Southern hemisphere :grin:

So now I am really looking forward to see what this year's Winter Village set will be. In general, I hope for new sets every year, even though I only have a few of the sets. But should it be a result of the post office, I will not complain. In case the set is not that interesting, I hope to get last year's train station.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, LAKAbricks said:

After seeing a part of the "Jul i juli" (Play on words in Danish meaning Christmas in July) at a funfair, I am quite a bit in a Christmas mood. There was a parade of the Father Christmases/Santa Clauses from around the world who take part in the yearly World Congress for Father Christmases. Restaurants and rides are decorated and there is a Christmas market. And it all in 28 degrees Celsius and sunshine. Now I have an idea how it is to celebrate Christmas on the Southern hemisphere :grin:

So now I am really looking forward to see what this year's Winter Village set will be. In general, I hope for new sets every year, even though I only have a few of the sets. But should it be a result of the post office, I will not complain. In case the set is not that interesting, I hope to get last year's train station.

You wont be disappointed with the train station.  Suggest you add a bit to the floor for better staging.

I am putting all my money now on an outdoor sports or ski chalet, using the ski poles from set 60202-1, which I spotted last month which also appear in 31080, and I  can use the skier and snowboarder I  have already in 10249  plus maybe a ski slope like 4134 (without all the garish colours) or even 31080, which I might buy anyway. But if it is a cottage, I would be happier. 

Edit - also a bit disappointed by the City advent 2018 by comparison with the Star Wars advent 2018, which is miles better.

Edited by Jay66

I would like to see a nice design and completed building first of all - maybe a grocery, coffee shop, book store. I don't want they to spend bricks on vehicles since we do have enough of them in a small village. Would be awesome to have something as big as cottage with big enough side walls.

I passed 2 previous years since train was absolutely frustration for me... Really hope to see something more "expert" this year. And of course more winter theme torsos and headdresses :) 

On 7/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, Jay66 said:

I am putting all my money now on an outdoor sports or ski chalet, using the ski poles from set 60202-1, which I spotted last month which also appear in 31080, and I  can use the skier and snowboarder I  have already in 10249  plus maybe a ski slope like 4134 (without all the garish colours) or even 31080, which I might buy anyway. But if it is a cottage, I would be happier. 

Edit - also a bit disappointed by the City advent 2018 by comparison with the Star Wars advent 2018, which is miles better.

I wouldn't bet all my money on it, doesn't seem to fit in that well with the more nostalgic flavor of the other sets.

Mmmm - I see what you mean with the steam train, but skiing in the Alps goes back a long way but we have the Americans to thank for the first ski lift in 1936, and the bus looks anything from 1920s to modern times.

Personally, as a younger fan who missed it before, I want to see a rerelease of the Bakery from . . was it 2010?

If not that, I'd want to see something new, though I could live with a relaunch of the Post Office. 

I still think a bookshop or a cafe would be a great addition . . but considering I MOCed a winter cafe in LDD that I intend to build IRL, I kind of hope they aren't about to make it redundant. XD

I guess a church or cathedral would be taboo for lego to do.

Something cute like a Pet Shop or another Toy Store would be good.

A Country Inn would be great if they want to go big this year.

I like the Ski-Lodge idea.  Maybe they could make the ski slope also a train tunnel?  And a ski-lodge would of course require a fireplace, and hopefully they'd bring back the used-to-be-traditional lighted brick this year.

Maybe a Winter Barn with a tractor + hay-ride.

Edited by jedge

No re-releases if it means no new release.  We all pine for sets we missed, but it's done, it's gone, move on and give people who've been collecting all along their due with a new set.  I really don't want to get bogged down in discussion about it - we did that when the released the Toy Shop.  If TLG doesn't want my money, they can be lazy and re-release stuff.  If they're going to do that, though, I have a huge list of sets that would be much better received than any of the WV ones.

We have just had a big heatwave here and all I can think of is the snowiness of the new winter village release: I will keep checking every day in August till it happens!

LEGO store September calendar has been released, early VIP access to two new exclusive sets mid September, what do you think the chances are that one would be the winter village set?? Fingers crossed we get news soon. 

16 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

LEGO store September calendar has been released, early VIP access to two new exclusive sets mid September, what do you think the chances are that one would be the winter village set?? Fingers crossed we get news soon. 

Pretty good odds, yep. Winter Villsge and Cloud City, I bet. Here's hoping the news is good. 

I would love to see a WV Lego store! Would save me a ton of money over bricklinking the MOC I have designed for one in LDD.

I note the promo video talking about the new sustainable green elements mentioning with regard to the new plant based plastic elements that "In November, one of the new elements will appear in an exclusive Lego Creator Expert set"... I'm imagining it will be a pine tree for the next Winter Village set. (would love for them to have brought he cypress tree mould back though).

Fantastic news! Hopeful that all Lego bricks will soon be made from sustainable sources.

4 minutes ago, Grrr said:

I note the promo video talking about the new sustainable green elements mentioning with regard to the new plant based plastic elements that "In November, one of the new elements will appear in an exclusive Lego Creator Expert set"... I'm imagining it will be a pine tree for the next Winter Village set. (would love for them to have brought he cypress tree mould back though).

6 hours ago, Grrr said:

I thought that too but the WV sets usually release in October with early VIP in September, so hopefully there will be new sustainable trees in the WV set AND something in November. ;)

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:41 AM, mscott71 said:

I thought that too but the WV sets usually release in October with early VIP in September, so hopefully there will be new sustainable trees in the WV set AND something in November. ;)

That would be even better of course :).

You know, after Fun in the Park/Snow/Outdoors sets, the next logical step would be Fun in the Snow

But releasing Fun in the Snow during summer would be weird. 

Could they merge the winter village set with the "fun in the snow" set?

It could have a bunch of winter minifigures and a couple of builds. 

Edited by Robert8

Here, here, but I don’t really see a problem with releasing fun in the snow during summer time. Would that really affect sales? Here in Oz, the fun at the beach set came out during our winter but I didn’t hear any comments about that not being something people wanted at that time of year. 

But definitely, a fun at the snow set with as many new torsos and pieces as the other sets have received would be a wonderful addition to the winter village!!

5 hours ago, alsielou said:

Here, here, but I don’t really see a problem with releasing fun in the snow during summer time. Would that really affect sales? Here in Oz, the fun at the beach set came out during our winter but I didn’t hear any comments about that not being something people wanted at that time of year. 

But definitely, a fun at the snow set with as many new torsos and pieces as the other sets have received would be a wonderful addition to the winter village!!

I completely agree. 

Though, to be honest, in terms of minifigure s would there be much difference between the Outdoor Adventures one and a hypothetical Fun In The Snow?

Somebody stated earlier that the set would be £90, so given the price, I doubt it could be Fun in the Snow... But who knows?:classic:

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I completely agree. 

Though, to be honest, in terms of minifigure s would there be much difference between the Outdoor Adventures one and a hypothetical Fun In The Snow?

Well... they were still wearing some summery clothing weren’t they? New winter jumpers, the new scarf piece, a couple of new winter hats including a beanie with pom pom. Dual molded legs to represent ski boots.

I suppose we’ve got skis and huskies and sleds galore from the advent calendars, and snowboards from last year’s friends sets, but a couple more would still be nice. Maybe some cross country skis? Or a polar bear? A ski rack, or a mini skating rink, or an igloo. I guess really it would (and should!) be all about the winter outfits.