Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Sad; I had to create a new account because I don't receive no email validation after I changed my mail.

So my account finishlast is pretty much doomed now.

Anyway, over at the brickset forum Grogall posted this teaser:

Grogall Member

July 24edited July 24

2nd version of Winter Village Toy Store (Nope)

2nd Version of Holiday Train (Nope)

2nd Version of the Workshop (Nope)

I can only say it's sweet! :-P

So I'm all in for a candy shop, he has never been wrong before.

Edited by finish-last

Why not a Winter Train Station? Gingerbeard House also sounds good. Santa's Workshop was a nice idea last year, though the set didn't meet my expectation. Hope that the next one wouldn't let us down.

Thank you very much for this information, finish-last! :classic:

So the "Toy Shop" was only a placeholder for the acutal set name.

If TLG released a gingerbread house, they very supposable would loose me as a buyer like they did last year with the Santa's Workshop.

So I really hope for a candy shop which is since long overdue!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sad; I had to create a new account because I don't receive no email validation after I changed my mail.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention my friend.

I loved the bakery so I hope that the Candy Shop will be similar.

Candy shop seems more likely than a gingerbread house, which can also be described as "sweet."

Gingerbread house MOCs that people make for their Winter Villages don't look good and Lego's version would probably be similar, so I am really pulling for that Candy Shop. :excited:

Anyway, over at the brickset forum Grogall posted this teaser:

Grogall Member

July 24edited July 24

GROGALL'S ALIVE! :grin:

I don't know what's better news- that we may be getting a Sweet Shop, or that GRogall is ALIVE AND WELL!

Or a candy shop. Please be a Candy Shop :drool:

A gingerbread house is more likely IMO becuase they can reuse the CMF S11 Ginderbread Man

A gingerbread house is more likely IMO becuase they can reuse the CMF S11 Ginderbread Man

Oh wow, hadn't thought of that… you may be right. :cry_sad:

Don't worry about me… :sing: I'll just… :cry2: stay… positive… :cry3:

Just glad to hear that its not another toy shop. I would love to see another holiday train at some point though. I know quite a few people that didn't start their village until the creator sets release. We need a train! (that's not ridiculously priced on ebay)

A candy shop sounds logical, though imagination wise is a bit let down if it is......taking ideas from the modulars.

Though I wonder if Ace will have the cops slap the cuffs on Santa and his elves for being involved in illegal candy production ? :laugh:

A candy shop sounds logical, though imagination wise is a bit let down if it is......taking ideas from the modulars.

Though I wonder if Ace will have the cops slap the cuffs on Santa and his elves for being involved in illegal candy production ? :laugh:

:laugh_hard::roflmao: If there were a way to give points to your comment I would.

But I see there is a little "disconnect" on Lego's part there.

Candy shop, eh? I made one of those a long long long time ago on LDD. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I wouldn't exclude a gingerbread house being included in a candy shop set. But a gingerbread house on its own would never offer enough playability and would even not fit well in the Winter Village theme. It could more be some sort of small giveaway set or a Creator set without minifigs.

Klaus-Dieter

Well at least we know GRogall is alive, that's good. I thought the Lego company had done something to him. :grin:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Candy Shop, hopefully it'll be from $55-$70.

It's great to hear Grogall is still out there. Also, hearing about Gingerbread house or Candy store for the Winter village is tempting me to finally make a display of all WV sets this year. I like both ideas, so I'm looking forward to see which one it'll be.

Maybe something like this:

http://lego.gizmodo....andy-1661652986

But I'd rather have a candy store, well at least I thought a village needs more houses.

You know, this is not Olson's Merchantile, this is not supposed to be Walnut Grove, the one store town...

That's exactly what I'm expecting...

But if we are getting a Candy Shop this year, I hope that LEGO Ideas project you posted will make it :wub:

Edited by Robert8

I'm a big fan of the Winter Village line. None of the sets has really disappointed me so far, although I would rather have had molded reindeer than brick-built with Santa's Workshop. The only real downside is that the collection has expanded past the size of my display area, so I have to pick and choose which sets to build each year!

I feel like a candy shop would be slightly redundant to both the bakery and the candy stall from the Market. I would love a gingerbread house, though! I was going to MOC one last year to go with Santa's Workshop, but a November job loss put the brakes to that plan. I think there's plenty of room in the Winter Village concept for both realistic features and fantastic ones--I see the latter as elements of a temporary Santa's Village attraction the town puts up every year. Things are getting back on track for me financially, so if we don't get a Gingerbread House as the official set this year, I might take another shot at creating my own. I might also do a Snow Queen's* Grotto where she holds court with her Yeti servitors.

* No, not Elsa.

Thanks for posting about Grogall, went and read that thread, some funny comments about EB and the admin STAY ON TOPIC posts. In any case, a gingerbread house would be cool if it was a sweet making factory as speculated...then again we could be reading too much into the sweet word...he could just be using it as "sweet" as in nice. I look forward to this set every year though and hope whatever is coming out is going to be a good one.

In The shops in Holland it is marked everywhere as: "winter village toy shop"

No pictures or any details sadly :(

Well at least we know GRogall is alive, that's good. I thought the Lego company had done something to him. :grin:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Candy Shop, hopefully it'll be from $55-$70.

The new winter set will likely be $90-100 range. I haven't seen Winter sets cheaper than that. As for GRogall, I am glad he is still around and I can only assume he has to be discreet as he works for TLG. Hence the disappearance and why he doesn't say much on the release of sets, unless authorized.

Edited by Wodanis