Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

6 hours ago, Karalora said:

I've started decorating for the season, which means putting together my Winter Village, including the new Main Street set! It actually works very well because of the aforementioned limited display space, but the toy shop build does render the original Winter Toy Shop a bit obsolete. I've been considering "retiring" some of my older WV sets as some of the pieces start to get brittle and crack, but another option for the old Toy Shop might be to change it to some other kind of shop! Any suggestions? I'm not a very experienced MOCer so I'd want to have to tweak the actual build as little as possible. With the display stands in the window and the little workshop area up top, I'm thinking maybe...an ornament shop?

Candy shop would be a good one & one that I feel is missing. Put a gingerbread house & candy canes in the windows along with other candy prints we have. 

I should make a list... :laugh:

In any case, I've got all year to think about it, because at this point I have used up the available space. (I have to pick and choose which sets to build each year because I just don't have room to display them all!) Up right now are:

• The new Main Street (all builds)
  • The Bakery, and the horse-drawn wagon from the same set
  • The Post Office, including the mail truck
  • The 2020 ice skating rink
  • The 2012 LE Sleigh ride set
  • An assortment of small bench builds from various WV sets

I may try to squeeze in a Christmas tree stand, but it's pretty packed already and I've hardly even put any minifigs in it yet!

I kinda wish that Winter Village sets would have a few new molds. For example, small oranment balls and angel / star tree toppers. And a new ribbon part.

1.) Oranments - I don’t like studs for Christmas tree. Of course, we got a new Christmas tree and it has technic balls - they look great! But technic balls are prett oversized for minifigure-scale tree in living room. I think that tree could do great for a public square while shoppers make thier ways around it. So small oranments would be do if there are some space between “branch” sections. 

2.) Angel and start tree toppers - Okay I apologize if this is very sensitive to you when you do consider angel is religious. But to me, I view it as a symbol of hope and goodness. I don’t want to spark a heated debate, okay? Anyways, a pearl gold trans nanofigure wiht ing would be neat. And i feel we need a proper star tree topper. I mean I am not a fan of a lollipop part and star pieces. Or that lame diamond part.  Why not a star piece with anti-stud? Or a star with bar? I mean, we do have a fairy wand but it’s too long for Christmas tree.

3.) Ribbon - I don’t like flowery studs - so boring. There sold be an unique ribbon mold for presents. I don’t know how to describe a shape of ribbon myself but i know what it looks like. It’s like 3D flowery stud or a (non-existing) popcorn piece. 

Guys i want to see your christmas dioramas. Please send pics, i need some inspirations for mine :)

On 11/27/2022 at 9:29 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I kinda wish that Winter Village sets would have a few new molds. For example, small oranment balls and angel / star tree toppers. And a new ribbon part.

1.) Oranments - I don’t like studs for Christmas tree. Of course, we got a new Christmas tree and it has technic balls - they look great! But technic balls are prett oversized for minifigure-scale tree in living room. I think that tree could do great for a public square while shoppers make thier ways around it. So small oranments would be do if there are some space between “branch” sections.

2.) Angel and start tree toppers - Okay I apologize if this is very sensitive to you when you do consider angel is religious. But to me, I view it as a symbol of hope and goodness. I don’t want to spark a heated debate, okay? Anyways, a pearl gold trans nanofigure wiht ing would be neat. And i feel we need a proper star tree topper. I mean I am not a fan of a lollipop part and star pieces. Or that lame diamond part.  Why not a star piece with anti-stud? Or a star with bar? I mean, we do have a fairy wand but it’s too long for Christmas tree.

3.) Ribbon - I don’t like flowery studs - so boring. There sold be an unique ribbon mold for presents. I don’t know how to describe a shape of ribbon myself but i know what it looks like. It’s like 3D flowery stud or a (non-existing) popcorn piece. 

1) 65092 would work very well as an ornament, especially if recolored as a new pearl or satin red color.

2) Agreed that a nano fig with wings would be very cool. The Holiday Main Street tree uses a wand in trans-yellow as the star, and it works well, but does require building the tree to hide the long bar.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:59 AM, RichardGoring said:

Brick Clicker is saying that the Winter Elves Scene (40564) is Nov 19-20 and Nov 25-28 ($170 threshold) and Santa's Workshop (40565) is Dec 1-24 ($170 threshold).

Plus 40563 Tribute to the LEGO House ($250 threshold) on Nov 19-20 and Nov 25-28.

40565 is rumored threshold of $150

On 11/17/2022 at 3:39 AM, Peter1999 said:

I was looking for the upcoming sales on lego.com when I noticed that there is a 40514 VIP Winter Wonderland listed as reward in VIP playfull holidays section for 1000 points, if anyone is interested in getting it.

I am not seeing 40514 in VIP rewards on US site. Anyone else having success?

4 hours ago, Scoog said:

40565 is rumored threshold of $150

I am not seeing 40514 in VIP rewards on US site. Anyone else having success?

No. It's $170USA like the other one.  And the winter one is not in the USA. The winter VIP pack has been out in Europe for 1000 points for awhile. You are mixing up Euro and USA.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

No. It's $170USA like the other one.  And the winter one is not in the USA. The winter VIP pack has been out in Europe for 1000 points for awhile. You are mixing up Euro and USA.

Any news on when the VIP pack will be available in USA? 

Also any rumors about 2x VIP points in December. I want to say they usually do it in mid December. 

10 hours ago, Scoog said:

Any news on when the VIP pack will be available in USA? 

Also any rumors about 2x VIP points in December. I want to say they usually do it in mid December. 

I was half wrong. The Santa Barn is $150 which is weird. However no word yet on how us in the USA can get the winter VIP pack. I just checked and it wasn't added to rewards for us. Yeah, mid December would normally bring double points. Where is Brick Clicker? I trust his news.

Briq Foundation is reporting that Santa's Workshop will also be the Christmas in July GWP next summer, so another chance to get it.

Edited by RichardGoring

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hanukah or anything else you celebrate.  

Few things:  First if you wanted to get the Santa's barn and missed it or don't want to spend the 150, you can get it for about 45 plus or minus on Ebay right now.  

Second, are we allowed to post links to a youtube video of our village layouts?  I would love to see what other people have done and get feedback on mine.  

Anyhow, hope you all have a great New Year.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Celtchief said:

Second, are we allowed to post links to a youtube video of our village layouts?  I would love to see what other people have done and get feedback on mine.  

I don't see why not. Youtube videos auto embed so it must be okay.

Here is my 2022 lego village.  I have all the WV sets except the post office and the OG toy store.  I have most of the GWP's and other WV compatible sets, the barn was acquired to late to add.  I could not get the trolley running in time for this year, but something to look forward to for next year.  I have so much more I want to do with it, starting with adding another table (from 3 to 4) so I can do more MOC stuff.  Also, I am making my claim on next year's prediction:  Either a Santa/Elf ran Reindeer stable or Candy Shoppe, or Tavern. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Edited by Celtchief

On 1/1/2023 at 2:57 AM, Celtchief said:

Here is my 2022 lego village.  I have all the WV sets except the post office and the OG toy store.  I have most of the GWP's and other WV compatible sets, the barn was acquired to late to add.  I could not get the trolley running in time for this year, but something to look forward to for next year.  I have so much more I want to do with it, starting with adding another table (from 3 to 4) so I can do more MOC stuff.  Also, I am making my claim on next year's prediction:  Either a Santa/Elf ran Reindeer stable or Candy Shoppe, or Tavern. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wow that looks excellent! Love all of the little details in there. Favorite area has to be the town area with the newer road plates and the tracks by the train station. Also love the children sledding on snow mounds between tracks :wub:

Also, not sure if anyone’s seen this set, I have no clue what it’s for. Seems to be an anniversary of some kind, possibly for a mail service somewhere, given the 60 on the box and the inclusion of Santa and a mail delivery person. Haven’t seen it really mentioned on Brickset and this seems to be the best place to post it. Anybody know what it’s for, how to get it, or where it’s being given out?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/314266620077?hash=item492bc010ad:g:xVwAAOSw9Fpjkz-i

I know it’s too early but I’m quite excited about the next Winter Village set .

On 6/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, Lion King said:

I know it’s too early but I’m quite excited about the next Winter Village set .

Agreed!  It's getting to be that time of year where we might get some clue of what's coming.  Not that I'm necessarily hoping for this, but I wonder if they might not do a set that's similar in style to last year's in an effort to build out the "Main Street" area of the WV a bit more.  

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

My guess is a remake of the Christmas Market 

Eh, I would love to see a remake of Santa’s workshop. 

12 hours ago, Arstotle said:

Agreed!  It's getting to be that time of year where we might get some clue of what's coming.  Not that I'm necessarily hoping for this, but I wonder if they might not do a set that's similar in style to last year's in an effort to build out the "Main Street" area of the WV a bit more.  

Honestly, I’m not a fan of Holiday Main Street - it doesn’t have some vibe to me the way Santa’s Vsiit has. 

I on the other hand love Main Street and Santa's Visit is one of the least favorite.

My guess is with the Police Station modular retiring, it will be a police station. Or I kind of hope so, then I save $100+. :laugh:

I hope it isn't since I collect police stations and would absolutely buy a Winter Village Police Station for the collection...

15 hours ago, hikouki said:

How about a Winter Cafe or Chocolate/ Candy Shop?

I love the cafe idea!

20 hours ago, jonwil said:

I hope it isn't since I collect police stations and would absolutely buy a Winter Village Police Station for the collection...

Are you working at police station or what?

2 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

How about a Christmas airport and the console tower has Santa on site for landing and for passing by to deliver presents ! 

I like it! I'm always up for more LEGO airports.