Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Feel TLG has offered us a good starting point with this years offering.  Plan on adding a little more depth to the buildings to expand the interior scenes.  Did this with the train station, added to the coffee shop area...came out well.  Hopefully can add a color sensor and powered up hub to the tram, sensor allows for automation.  

Glad TLG kept pricing at $100 US.

2 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Feel TLG has offered us a good starting point with this years offering.  Plan on adding a little more depth to the buildings to expand the interior scenes.  Did this with the train station, added to the coffee shop area...came out well.  Hopefully can add a color sensor and powered up hub to the tram, sensor allows for automation.  

Glad TLG kept pricing at $100 US.

I agree these buildings seem much more simple and therefore easily customizable than the previous ones. For good and bad. They aren't as intricate or 'designed' architecturally besides ornamentation. They're pushing the theme back into building as a family and that would be nearly impossible to do with the interlocking roof angles they've nearly perfected, for example. 

If they had to keep them shallow like city buildings then making them easy to add onto (or duplicate) was a good choice, for sure they feel more like the Creator 3in1 townhouses, and massable unlike before. A lot of the coziness is sacrificed just from the idea to do a downtown section, but the theme has been heavily shaken from its roots before. 

For my personal use I'm sure I'll find a way to fit them into Hogsmeade like I've read other people plan to on varying sites. So I'm fine with boxy builds to modify into steep roofs and a beautiful tram to keep as is. 

I suspect 40514 Winter Wonderland VIP add on pack will come back too? Though I didn't find a date for the US, it is on UK Lego S@H. Also 40515 was slated to end in US 9/30, but is OOS

As for GWP, I thought descriptions leaked in Oct last year

7 hours ago, Scoog said:

I suspect 40514 Winter Wonderland VIP add on pack will come back too? Though I didn't find a date for the US, it is on UK Lego S@H. Also 40515 was slated to end in US 9/30, but is OOS

As for GWP, I thought descriptions leaked in Oct last year

Now I’m more interested in add-on. I think Sppoky VIP Add-On will be available on Oct 1st (???), so my guess will be December 1st?

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

New Elementary also has their review up.

It sums up my thoughts very well. Underwhelming set.

Old news but worth noting, rumored GWP set numbers (credit Brick Clicker)

40564 Nov 2022 GWP

40563 Dec 2022 GWP

23 minutes ago, Scoog said:

Old news but worth noting, rumored GWP set numbers (credit Brick Clicker)

40564 Nov 2022 GWP

40563 Dec 2022 GWP

Not sure why it’s “old news” but thank you for sharing this info with us!

now I wonder about Winter Wonderland VIP Add-On’s availability…

Well, having seen the reviews, I am just as stoked as I was before.  This is a step more to a small town main street, but so was the Fire Station.  As for the fact that some people think the builds will not be interesting.... Speaking for myself as a more casual lego fan, I don't really worry to much about the building techniques.    At the end of the day I will have a nice little downtown area with a motorized trolley delivering shoppers.  A trolley was at the top of my wishlist.  And for those of you who want to keep it more quaint, attach a horse to the front of your trolley,

Edited by Celtchief
Edited to sound less like a jerk.

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

Well, having seen the reviews, I am just as stoked as I was before.  This is a step more to a small town main street, but so was the Fire Station.  As for the fact that some people think the builds will not be interesting.... I think that applies only to the more hardcore Lego folks.  At the end of the day I will have a nice little downtown area with a motorized trolley delivering shoppers.  A trolley was at the top of my wishlist.  And for those of you who want to keep it more quaint, attach a horse to the front of your trolley,

What the heck, “applies only to the hardcore lego folks”??? Why that?

I do think they are lovely but…still don’t have the Christmassy / festive vibe just the way Santa’s Visit. I really want to love it but I just can’t. 

So, I will wait until next year nd see how they do with Main Street expansion then I will make my mind up by buying this set and the future Winter Village an build them into a Winter Town. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

He shared the set numbers over a month ago. Just didn't want it to sounds like breaking news lol... I'm really hoping for some GWP details to drop soon.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What the heck, “applies only to the hardcore lego folks”??? Why that?

I do think they are lovely but…still don’t have the Christmassy / festive vibe just the way Santa’s Visit. I really want to love it but I just can’t. 

So, I will wait until next year nd see how they do with Main Street expansion then I will make my mind up by buying this set and the future Winter Village an build them into a Winter Town. 

I can change that, sorry, did not mean to offend.  I will rewrite it to be more about me then about others, which I think was my error.  Once more, please accept my apology.  

I’m having to try and like it due to the fact my son thinks the tram is awesome and other half is excited for a music shop…I have zero Lego skills in changing the design myself, wouldn’t have a clue on where to start. All I made as a child was a basic brick box with a window and door over and over. Sooo much money for something that doesn’t excite me

11 hours ago, Scoog said:

He shared the set numbers over a month ago. Just didn't want it to sounds like breaking news lol... I'm really hoping for some GWP details to drop soon.

It is ‘new” news, lol because we didn’t know when it will be released. :)

No exact dates yet (that I'm aware of). In the US market GWP are usually Thanksgiving weekend and mid December 

Looking at the review on on  New Elementary, it gave me the idea that either of the buildings would look good as tiny bistro restaurants - there's even a candle lit table in the upstairs of the music shop. I don't need another Toy Shop so I think I'll make one of them a little restaurant and buy place some tables outside (a patio heater shouldn't be too difficult to build!) and then keep the music shop in some form. Except for the nice sticker sign, the Toy shop doesn't even look much like a toy shop and is incredibly easy to transform. A little Italian restaurant or French bistro would be great and reminds me of the scene in The Bishop's Wife when they go out for lunch.

I think Santa's visit is one of, if not the worst, Winter Village set made. It's too darn big to be a single house. It's just very smooth blue color. If it wasn't for Santa it wouldn't be festive at all.

Meanwhile this set has a very 1950s main street feel to it and is in the correct scale.

What a bummer.  At this time the Lego website is out of the train engine and the headlights for the trolley.  I am hoping they are going to spring them on us Oct 3rd, but at this time they have put out a trolley they want you to motorize, but one can't buy the necessary parts. 

8 hours ago, Celtchief said:

What a bummer.  At this time the Lego website is out of the train engine and the headlights for the trolley.  I am hoping they are going to spring them on us Oct 3rd, but at this time they have put out a trolley they want you to motorize, but one can't buy the necessary parts. 

And...?

The set will be available for the next 2+ years. In the future you can do that. Not a huge deal.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

And...?

The set will be available for the next 2+ years. In the future you can do that. Not a huge deal.

Well, I did not say its a huge deal, I indicated I am bummed, because as a lego train fan, the idea of motorized the trolley and putting it in my layout is very exciting for me.  I have already used software that allows one to lay lego track to find out the optimum place to set the trolley layout and how to integrate it  into my village. I appreciate that it is not a big deal to you, but sadly, your post did not make me less disappointed, as I am sure it was intended to do.  

Edited by Celtchief

17 hours ago, Maple said:

And...?

Most empathetic Eurobricks user