Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You mean the release date, right?

I thought the reveal will take its place on Sept 22?

Yeah, I mean release date, but when did we hear about a reveal on the 22?

28 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah, I mean release date, but when did we hear about a reveal on the 22?

I can’t remember who said that here. I think it was Brick Clicker who mentioend it here.

I need to find that post somehwere here.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:59 AM, keba said:

Rumour has it that reveal will be on 22. 9. It is 9 days from now:pir-hmpf: 

My bad, it’s not rom Brick Clicker, @PGBQ@.

keba, where did you find that rumor from?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’t remember who said that here. I think it was Brick Clicker who mentioend it here.

It should be the 22nd if things haven't changed on Legos end with embargos etc

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

somewhere on instagram, but i cant find it now

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

It should be the 22nd if things haven't changed on Legos end with embargos etc

Nice. Ok thanks1

Is it too early to speculate what the Christmas themed GWP will be for Nov and Dec? I read they will be minifig scale. My guess is more dioramas.

Also curious if we will get some BAM that fit the theme.

19 minutes ago, Scoog said:

Is it too early to speculate what the Christmas themed GWP will be for Nov and Dec? I read they will be minifig scale. My guess is more dioramas.

It’s not always early for Christmas speculation since October is coming up pretty soon. :)

I’m not sure when Q4 BAM line will introduce minifigures? Nov? Or Dec?

1 hour ago, Scoog said:

What is this BAM you speak of?

7 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

The Build A Minifigure thing at lego stores where you, well, build a minifigure with a selection of available pieces

7 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

Every quarter the brick & mortar Lego stores have about 6 unique minifigures that are part of the Build-A-Minifigure stations at the stores.  In October or November they'll come out with the winter figures, and there are usually a few unique winter-themed figures included.

1 hour ago, Scoog said:

Is it too early to speculate what the Christmas themed GWP will be for Nov and Dec? I read they will be minifig scale. My guess is more dioramas

I reckon we'll get last year's canceled Miss Clause GWP set

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I reckon we'll get last year's canceled Miss Clause GWP set

Minus the "naughty list" tile? 😂

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

The Build A Minifigure thing at lego stores where you, well, build a minifigure with a selection of available pieces

Oh yea, I was not aware of the acronym, cool.

I sat down in an unused checkout lane in Target earlier to feel CMF bags, and now have a reindeer, snowman, two nutcrackers, and four elves to add to my winter village. Hoping to find another two snowmen at some point. 

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I sat down in an unused checkout lane in Target earlier to feel CMF bags, and now have a reindeer, snowman, two nutcrackers, and four elves to add to my winter village. Hoping to find another two snowmen at some point. 

I'm not so good at feeling bags... But I do have the chance to know a reseller in Switzerland that sells open minifigs. I'll go and buy a few nutcrackers (still missing from my collection), reindeers and snowmen later this week.

I bought a few bags but got 4 damn Thanksgiving turkeys. Any ideas what I can do with them? I already placed one in the village that is chased by a guy with an axe ;) , another one will be in a corner where I'm creating a costume contest but the other two ?

I'm looking forward to seeing this year's set. Last year we already knew at this date and to be honest I'm not so thrilled about what you guys announced above. But I'm willing to be surprised. I guess there's nothing more for us to do now but wait.

16 minutes ago, GwladysM said:

I bought a few bags but got 4 damn Thanksgiving turkeys. Any ideas what I can do with them? I already placed one in the village that is chased by a guy with an axe ;) , another one will be in a corner where I'm creating a costume contest but the other two ?

You could set up a polling booth to see how many of them vote for Christmas?

I did wonder about putting a blank red/brown minifigure head inside and changing the legs to a red or brown 1x2 plate so that it resembles a real turkey. Or it might look terrible. Not had time to try it yet.

1 hour ago, GwladysM said:

I'm not so good at feeling bags... But I do have the chance to know a reseller in Switzerland that sells open minifigs. I'll go and buy a few nutcrackers (still missing from my collection), reindeers and snowmen later this week.

I'm looking forward to seeing this year's set. Last year we already knew at this date and to be honest I'm not so thrilled about what you guys announced above. But I'm willing to be surprised. I guess there's nothing more for us to do now but wait.

I got 3 Turkeys… because of the super happy and angry face options, I’m going for the guys who came to a fancy dress party all wearing the same outfit. There’s always those that hate others wearing the same thing and those that think it’s awesome. 

and yeah, I’m not thrilled with the description but it’s mainly due to preferring the old fashioned one building and mini build (car, tree etc) with the lower price tag, and that I would have preferred so many other ideas over this one. 

12 hours ago, Scoog said:

Minus the "naughty list" tile? 😂

Oh, true, rumor was we didn't get it because of that, right?

Did we ever learn if that was actually true? Like it sounds extremely surreal to me that Lego decides to cancel a whole set because of that.

Is not as if thet haven't done worse.

10 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I sat down in an unused checkout lane in Target earlier to feel CMF bags,

A man of culture I see

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Oh, true, rumor was we didn't get it because of that, right?

Did we ever learn if that was actually true? Like it sounds extremely surreal to me that Lego decides to cancel a whole set because of that.

Is not as if thet haven't done worse.

LEGO never confirmed or denied it to my knowledge. But considering that they released a tiger with a brick built pink butthole around the same time. I'm sure that if the tiger "meets their high quality standards" (to quote TLG), a little tongue-in-cheek humor like a Santa minifig with a naughty list will meet them too. ;-)

I personally suspect it was some logistical/production issue, or possibly something in the design of the sets or minifigs that didn't work out and was overlooked. Since TLG doesn't confirm anything, the only way we'll be sure if the rumour is true is if they release the set this year with or without the naughty list. If this year has completely different GWPs, we might never know for sure (and the rumor will persist too, I'm sure).

7 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

I got 3 Turkeys… because of the super happy and angry face options, I’m going for the guys who came to a fancy dress party all wearing the same outfit.

This is fantastic :iamded_lol: Picturing that expressive face on some fancily dressed minifigs really got me rn.

16 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I sat down in an unused checkout lane in Target earlier to feel CMF bags

We’re all the same person :laugh: