Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

10 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

I really like Chris’ work - but you are probably correct , I think one of the bloggers who has seen it said it looks different in style to last years so probs a different designer ..? 

I really like Chris’ work too. He is the amazing designer behind Santa’s Visit

Yeah, I dunno. We will know more better later then. 

I'm dying for additional details to drop. Building descriptions, minifig count, tram track compatible?

Help me, @BrickClicker. You're my only hope.

I'll echo @Scoog on the tram compatibility with L-gauge track. On one hand, I'm (cautiously) optimistic and hopeful. But on the flip side of things the recent Hogwarts Express fiasco* has me feeling a bit bitter and cynical.

*We wait twenty-one years for a Hogwarts Express that looks good, and when we do get it, the dang thing can't run on train track!

1 hour ago, Scoog said:

I'm dying for additional details to drop. Building descriptions, minifig count, tram track compatible?

yes

2 hours ago, Scoog said:

Tommorow I'll do the best I can, it's a lot better than the first descriptions make it out as :)

19 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Tommorow I'll do the best I can, it's a lot better than the first descriptions make it out as :)

I’m quite looking forward for it so this will end people’s suffering of waiting here. 

21 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Thank you, that's a relief. Can you confirm it does NOT use the new road plates?

Allegedly, official set name is "Main Street"

1 minute ago, Scoog said:

Thank you, that's a relief. Can you confirm it does NOT use the new road plates?

Allegedly, official set name is "Main Street"

No road plates aha and the name is "Holiday Main Street"

42 minutes ago, Scoog said:

May I ask - what’s wrong iwth road plates? Just curious. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

43 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

May I ask - what’s wrong iwth road plates? Just curious. 

I use the old style baseplates/road plates and therefore don't have a need for the newer road plate style. Also, since it's such a large part, I feel like they detract from the overall set value. That said, I like the look they bring to a fully furnished city where cost is not a factor. 

Just my $0.02

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I'll echo @Scoog on the tram compatibility with L-gauge track. On one hand, I'm (cautiously) optimistic and hopeful. But on the flip side of things the recent Hogwarts Express fiasco* has me feeling a bit bitter and cynical.

*We wait twenty-one years for a Hogwarts Express that looks good, and when we do get it, the dang thing can't run on train track!

Yeah, Ideally it would be L gauge.  Even better if it can be easily motorized like the WV train was.  As for the Hogwarts.... I was really hoping it would be more like the Disney Train, motorized, two passenger cars, and a full station.  As it is, there is not reason for us L gauge folks to buy it.  

27 minutes ago, Scoog said:

I use the old style baseplates/road plates and therefore don't have a need for the newer road plate style. Also, since it's such a large part, I feel like they detract from the overall set value. That said, I like the look they bring to a fully furnished city where cost is not a factor. 

Just my $0.02

Gotcha! Thank you for your time to explain. I through road plates look great with any set but I like classic road baseplate as well. 

11 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

L track compatible... definitely watch Brick Clickers vid tomorrow!

Sounds like you might have additional info? Are there pics out there?

1 minute ago, Scoog said:

Yeah it sound like to me too. 

56 minutes ago, Scoog said:

No pictures quite yet. Just hyping up our friends video!

3 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

Edited by Scoog
Delete

Very interesting stuff! I take the tram is indeed compatible with the system tracks.

I wonder how big it is, thought? It can fit 4 minifigures and can be modified to include an engine, so it needs to be fairly big.

As a matter of fact, the whole set sounds pretty big, but it's only 100€ so that seems impossible. I'm so excited to see how it turns out, will definetly get it.

Each shop has an apartment above it and tram having ability for power is a score.

Thoughts on minifig count? I'm thinking at least 5 (2 shop owners, 2 shoppers, tram driver)

I wonder ho w deep the buildings gonna be? Brick Clicker did say they are pretty shallow, didn’t he? But I’m really interested to see apartments above the stores.

and tram sounds interesting to me!

i feel like it’s at least 5 minifiugres.

If the tram is indeed L Gauge, looks like a old fashioned trolley, and can have a motor added easily, this will exactly what I have wanted.  Time to think about how to add the tram line into the village.....