Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

57 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

The nice thing about the trolley/ tram is that it can just run up and down a street and make total sense, where as the train is more like something that circles a layout.  And the idea of adding more kinetic energy to a set up  is always welcome.  

Now i wonder…. “Up and down street”. I wonder if the new set will have two seperated buildings instead of single building (comgination of toy and music stores). 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Now i wonder…. “Up and down street”. I wonder if the new set will have two seperated buildings instead of single building (comgination of toy and music stores). 

The rumor I heard, for what it is worth, is that it is two buildings.    But until we see pics, who knows.  I feel like the high piece count is more readily explained if you have two buildings as well.  

40 minutes ago, Celtchief said:

The rumor I heard, for what it is worth, is that it is two buildings.    But until we see pics, who knows.  I feel like the high piece count is more readily explained if you have two buildings as well.  

Of course, there is a rumor out there. But there is not too much information tho. And it’s not exactly like Modular Building - Modular line usually comes with two buildings in i one set. The recent set has hotel and art gallery combined.

Now two buildings in Winter Village set is quite a new direction and I’m really curious about it. 

But if there is 2 buildings and a tram, everything would be small. well i cant judge before i see pictures but i have bad feeling

2 hours ago, keba said:

But if there is 2 buildings and a tram, everything would be small. well i cant judge before i see pictures but i have bad feeling

The two stores in Hogsmeade are a decent size for a store, and that set was 80 dollars.  It only had 850 pieces, but they used lots of big pieces, it's an 8 plus set, where as the WV will be creator or whatever level.  

29 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

Penso che potremmo avere una foto trapelata domani...!

how can you tell? guess or certainty?

49 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

Think we might get a leaked pic tomorrow…!

I really hope so!!! We used to get a reveal on a Thursday. If not I bought myself a 6 box of minifigs that should arrive tomo. Fingers crossed I get the ones I want…I tried this feeling business and got 3 security men stalking me 😂. The pressure got too much so I ended up buying the ones I was poking. I got 2 elves and a snowman ☃️ I don’t dare go back to feel for a reindeer and the rest 

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Detailed description hopefully today! :laugh:

Let’s hope!

44 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

I really hope so!!! We used to get a reveal on a Thursday. If not I bought myself a 6 box of minifigs that should arrive tomo. Fingers crossed I get the ones I want…I tried this feeling business and got 3 security men stalking me 😂. The pressure got too much so I ended up buying the ones I was poking. I got 2 elves and a snowman ☃️ I don’t dare go back to feel for a reindeer and the rest 

6 pack? Where are you from? I’m in USA and my 6 pack is on back order right now. 

I'm also in the US and got 6 packs from the retailer named after a river in South America <wink> ... though I would have preferred to buy from Lego

I am excited for the tram and new retail buildings. Not worried about another toy store since they are easy to repurpose. I hope they do not follow the template from recent City buildings that are basically shallow facades on a road plate.

The toy store is pretty different to previous version and the architecture style really reminds me of Sesame street.

The compromise of having two buildings and a tram means they and pretty shallow in depth but other areas of the set deffo make up for it

10 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The toy store is pretty different to previous version and the architecture style really reminds me of Sesame street.

The compromise of having two buildings and a tram means they and pretty shallow in depth but other areas of the set deffo make up for it

@Brick Clicker are you releasing a new video soon with any other details?

46 minutes ago, Arstotle said:

Are there any photos in the wild that we could be pointed towards?

Not yet, but I definitely expect to see something within the next week.

The Fry's (AKA Kroger, big grocery store in the U.S.) and they have a tiny toy section, but they had CFM 23.  So I sat there for 10 minutes and got three sets, the turkey, the nutcracker, and the elf.  I love the elf and nutcracker.  I'd like to get 5 more nutcrackers, and make a little row of them with their swords as an honor guard for Santa.  

18 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Think we might get a leaked pic tomorrow…!

And if not tomorrow, then the tomorrow after tomorrow and if not then then the tomorrow after tomorrow after tomorrow... :ugh:

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

Not yet, but I definitely expect to see something within the next week.

I definitely expect photos within the next 2.5 weeks. 100% certain.

I wonder who the designer of the forthcoming set was ..? 

Still hopeful we might get a leaked image today ! I think there is no doubt that it will be the tram and double building tableau …? 

2 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

I wonder who the designer of the forthcoming set was ..?

I am not sure if it would be Chris McVeight this year? I know he designed Elf Club Huse and Santa’s Visit sets. So i do wonder who desgin the new Winter Village set this time. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not sure if it would be Chris McVeight this year? I know he designed Elf Club Huse and Santa’s Visit sets. So i do wonder who desgin the new Winter Village set this time. 

I really like Chris’ work - but you are probably correct , I think one of the bloggers who has seen it said it looks different in style to last years so probs a different designer ..?