Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, keba said:

And in comments people say that price wont be 100 but 130 usd.

Where are those comments? Cant find anything about it on the original IG post😅

On 9/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, Brick Clicker said:

It could potentially be $120 now which the price hikes as it was originally $100 but the lighthouse didn’t get a price increase form it’s rumoured amount.

It’s still the largest winter village set of all time in terms of piece count and with over 1600 pieces should still feel pretty good value 

Wow,that’s interesting.Im very curious about that $130 price.

16 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

Find it odd that they would do another toy shop. Especially when the original was re released.

Odd? I don’t think so. Santa’Visit was “re-made” & “re-released” several years after Winter Village Cottage as released. 

15 hours ago, jonwil said:

A music store (if its full of instruments rather than records or CD's) would be great.

I will add “boo box” to the “rather than _____” too.

The music store and tram part sound very exciting and unique for the Winter Village collection. I have mixed feelings on another Toy Shop though. We’ve already gotten two (well, technically we got what was essentially the same exact one released twice) and if they were going to remake any of the older Winter Village buildings here, a post office or bakery would have been preferable for me. I’ve been clamoring for a hot chocolate shop for a while too. I can’t be too mad though because I don’t own either of the previous WV Toy Shops and I’m sure this one will still look great.

I look forward to buying this along with The Office set in a few weeks.

I wonder how many minifigures would be included in this huge set. Based on that price, it may be more than 5?

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Odd? I don’t think so. Santa’Visit was “re-made” & “re-released” several years after Winter Village Cottage as released. 

While I think it was odd that they did the house in the same color, I think a village should have more then one home in it, with the addition of the older seasonal 3 in 1 set that came with a home set in the winter, this gives my village three homes, which I think gives a good representation of a small neighborhood.  But a village with multiple toy stores is less needed.  If this rumor is true though, I think they feel like a toy store is an important part of Christmas, and they want newer WV collectors to have on, but they don't want to devote a full set to it due to already having done that...thus throw in a new shop, the music store.  And if it is a new toy store, well, I guess my village head canon will include a rivalry between the store owners!  

While I'd rather have something else than another toy shop, I think at least the old one is easy enough to mod - just put something else in the windows. A clock maker, maybe? Or change the work station in the second floor in to a reading nook and make it a book store. 

12 hours ago, Arstotle said:

Do a general merchandise store that might have toys and food, or a department store that might have toys and clothes - ugly sweaters, anyone?  

I love this, might just get a few of the Christmas sweaters from the Star Wars and Marvel calendars and put in the windows. 

2 hours ago, Celtchief said:

While I think it was odd that they did the house in the same color, I think a village should have more then one home in it, with the addition of the older seasonal 3 in 1 set that came with a home set in the winter, this gives my village three homes, which I think gives a good representation of a small neighborhood.  But a village with multiple toy stores is less needed.  If this rumor is true though, I think they feel like a toy store is an important part of Christmas, and they want newer WV collectors to have on, but they don't want to devote a full set to it due to already having done that...thus throw in a new shop, the music store.  And if it is a new toy store, well, I guess my village head canon will include a rivalry between the store owners!  

Well, the old toy store is now expsnive in the secondary market and some people could not afford. To me, I don’t think it’s odd to have “new” Toy Store again. I missed out on the cottage and toy shop (yes, i never owned the original ones) and I’m sure the new Winter Village fans may feel the same way. 

Santa’s Visiit is my first Winter Village set ever so I’m quite excited about the next Winter Village set! :)

There are always going to be new fans getting into the Winter Village line, which is great - that's what will keep this line alive.  I want to be adding sets to my village 30 years from now!  But if Lego thinks they need a new source of toys in the village every so often, they have to find more creative ways to achieve that rather than another toy store.  Obviously, there are other types of gifts beyond toys, and that's where more retail shops would be helpful.  The music store is a step in that direction, but the village could use a book store, a department store, a jeweler or silversmith or watchmaker, and on and on.  They need to look for different venues to sell toys, and they need to develop other sources of gifts.  Every five years the last toy store set is going to be too expensive for the new WV fans' taste, but the rest of us aren't interested in another toy store in our village every 5 years.  There needs to be another solution.  Lego prides itself on creativity - this isn't difficult.  

Many themes across LEGO repeat the same basic ideas but change up the actual designs.

City has new police stations all the time but each one is different and brings something new to the table.

Friends repeats themes like vet clinics/animal care.

Technic introduces new cranes, new helicopters etc regularly.

Star Wars has new X-Wings and Millennium Falcons and other popular vehicles every few years.

Hot chocolate store.
Candy store.
General store.
Cookie shop.

That's four years of sets right there. There is no need for another toy shop. LEGO can release a general store with toys in the window, I'm hoping that's what it is.

33 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Many themes across LEGO repeat the same basic ideas but change up the actual designs.

Yeah, you're right about that, but those mentioned themes all releases more sets in a single wave, than this theme has released in it's entire lifespan. Not a fair comparison if you asked me.

40 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Star Wars has new X-Wings and Millennium Falcons and other popular vehicles every few years.

The difference is they bring out a dozen or more star wars sets every year, and the X wing is almost always in production.  At almost any time in the last 22 years of lego Star Wars you could buy at least 1, sometimes 2, X Wings.  There have been 5 or 6 non UCS Falcons, you can almost always buy one.  But Winter Village is 1 set a year, and maybe a decent ancillary set like the sled, and its out for two Seasons, and gone.  So each set really needs to fill a different niche in the village.  Yes, there will be some exceptions as time goes on, I think there will be another Christmas train set at some point.

Music store and tram do sound great. Toy Shop.... hmmmm I dunno, how many toy shops do this village need? 

IMO, the WV line is not set up to run like the City, Star Wars or Friends line.  As others have pointed out, WV gets one set each year (I miss the days when there were 1-2 GWP's over the holiday season that also fit into the village - Lego needs to get back to that!) while these other lines put out 10, 20, 30 or more sets annually.  The WV line is more akin to the Dept 56 line of collectible winter/holiday buildings, in which you're (theoretically) populating/building your own winter village.  I would guess there is some degree of repetition in Dept 56, but I'd be surprised if there are three toy stores in the line - and if there are, they're three buildings out of 50 or 100, or more.  The holiday encompasses so much more than toys - Lego needs to recognize this and use it as inspiration.  

It will be interesting to see how accurate this rumor is. Feels like at this point we are so desperate for any kind of rumor that we will believe anything remotely plausible :laugh:

1 minute ago, Blackpool said:

It will be interesting to see how accurate this rumor is. Feels like at this point we are so desperate for any kind of rumor that we will believe anything remotely plausible :laugh:

You are correct.  We are talking about the rumor like its a done deal, but we want to talk about it because we love it so much.  I mean, I collect Star Wars and Minecraft sets and this is the only thread I read and post on.  

I would certainly enjoy another vehicle. I really like the early 21st century stuff, so a tram would be awesome. Or a steam engine could be cool (to create an outdoor attraction to gather round). Or even just a shop delivery truck. Maybe a milk truck would be suitable?

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder how many minifigures would be included in this huge set. Based on that price, it may be more than 5?

5 sounds about right.

At the very least we need each store's owner, a troley driver and 1 citizen.

That's 4, so add a kid for good measure and we end up with 5 minifigures.

7 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I would certainly enjoy another vehicle. I really like the early 21st century stuff, so a tram would be awesome. Or a steam engine could be cool (to create an outdoor attraction to gather round). Or even just a shop delivery truck. Maybe a milk truck would be suitable?

I assume you mean early 20th century?

15 hours ago, FrkW said:

While I'd rather have something else than another toy shop, I think at least the old one is easy enough to mod - just put something else in the windows. A clock maker, maybe? Or change the work station in the second floor in to a reading nook and make it a book store. 

I love this, might just get a few of the Christmas sweaters from the Star Wars and Marvel calendars and put in the windows. 

Sounds like a good idea