Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

Lucky! I don’t know a shop where I can go and have a good old feel. 

Have to say I really did think today would have been the day…sigh. Was it the 9th last year?

Yes it was Thursday 9th last year !!

1 hour ago, Flippi01 said:

Yes it was Thursday 9th last year !!

But sadly it was even later in other years. One year it was announced on a Sunday (UK time) - The fire station, so there’s hope yet!

I am also on the edge of my seat in anticipation!!

Edited by alsielou

Expect the reveal to be a little later than usual this year with it not likely having early access sadly.

Looks like it’ll release in October 3rd

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Expect the reveal to be a little later [...]

Thank you very much for the information, @Brick Clicker !

So this supposably means two more weeks to wait for the reveal. I really dislike it that Lego doesn't tease anything, doesn't give any information yet - in former times this company was much nicer! ☹️

Together with the partly enormous prices, the bad quality of some bricks and that apart from Fantasy and City themed sets there do exist (apart from a very limited number of standalone sets) only licensed products, I more and more do understand why people more and more buy sets from alternate bricks companies ...

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Expect the reveal to be a little later than usual this year with it not likely having early access sadly.

Looks like it’ll release in October 3rd

I didn't know you were a member here. You are one of the only LEGO YouTubers that I can stand. :laugh:

Now get back to work and get us some info. :head_back:

Even if it's releasing on October 3rd, I could see a reveal next week.  I'd hate to think we have 2 or 3 weeks to go still...

I hope we see or hear something today. LEGO is making me nervous with this secret holding till last day and constant price hikes.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

I didn't know you were a member here. You are one of the only LEGO YouTubers that I can stand. :laugh:

Now get back to work and get us some info. :head_back:

Thank you aha!

It could potentially be $120 now which the price hikes as it was originally $100 but the lighthouse didn’t get a price increase form it’s rumoured amount.

It’s still the largest winter village set of all time in terms of piece count and with over 1600 pieces should still feel pretty good value 

3 hours ago, keba said:

I hope we see or hear something today. LEGO is making me nervous with this secret holding till last day and constant price hikes.

It’s very unlikely after yesterday. I would presume they will hold off on announcements in respect to the queens passing

37 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

It’s very unlikely after yesterday. I would presume they will hold off on announcements in respect to the queens passing

What difference does that make?

I guess I better call in to work today and tell them I can't make it in respect to the queen.

51 minutes ago, Maple said:

What difference does that make?

I guess I better call in to work today and tell them I can't make it in respect to the queen.

Well on a business level, there would be relatively little coverage of it from more mainstream sites that they normally get and promote the idea of a cool set with broad appeal to a wide-ranging, general, non-LEGO fan audience. So that's a shame and it's easy to avoid by delaying an announcement by a week or two, which won't affect the release schedule or any other logistics for the product.

And then on a brand perception level, very, very, very few people will get upset with LEGO for not announcing something that they can't be certain was actually delayed anyway. But there will likely be quite a lot of people who think it's poor form to announce something that should be about celebration and happy times when such a significant person has died and people are probably feeling a bit down about losing a person who has become an institution, or thinking about their own elderly family members who have died, with so much in the media about it.

I suspect you know all of this, but just in case figured I type it out, because nuance is important here, and it's probably silly to equate it to not turning up for work. But there are plenty of places in the UK that are closed today out of respect, so even your suggestion of calling off work isn't unique.

What if weve been looking at the new winter set or at least part of it all this time 😱

have we all seen the snow globe the new mini figure elf is carrying 

it looks like a barn ( or church but im not sure lego would go down the religious road) what if its a winter barn ready for a Christmas dance ???? Or a town hall

we know  they love a good easter egg 

Edited by Benny benny BENNY
Fat finger spelling

First info - two buildings, a toy store and a music store with a tram also included. From exabrickslegogo on IG

Edited by Caps Beard

2 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

First info - two buildings, a toy store and a music store with a tram also included. From exabrickslegogo on IG

Yes have seen that too … sounds plausible and also really exciting !

7 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

Really like the idea of a tram… will probably be a retro tram, like San Fran or Lisbon… first ever (non-modern) in Lego? 

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Well on a business level, there would be relatively little coverage of it from more mainstream sites that they normally get and promote the idea of a cool set with broad appeal to a wide-ranging, general, non-LEGO fan audience. 

Are there news sites that would report on LEGO if the queen didn't die, but won't now that she's dead? I still don't get your point. Sites that report on LEGO news almost never reports on the queen and vis versa.

Edited by Maple

3 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

Well... Hmmmmm.  The toy store is an interesting choice, assuming this is all true.  The Hogsmeade set this last year came with two building for 80, so two buildings and a tram for 100 seems totally possible.  A Music store and a Tram, especially if it looks like a trolley, would be amazing... and a toy store is a good addition for people coming late to the party.  IF it does have a tram/trolley, i hope its compatible with the lego track.... and is able to be modified with an engine.  

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Are there news sites that would report on LEGO if the queen didn't die, but won't now that she's dead? I still don't get your point. Sites that report on LEGO news almost never reports on the queen and vis versa.

You're probably right. If there are any, it's small. But then you could also say that many people are probably looking at sites that are reporting on the Queen and so not spending time on other sites.

But regardless if the reason, they didn't. Although they will. Likely no more than three weeks to go.

8 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

I don't know this account.  Does this person have a track record of accurate leaks?

As for the rumor, man do I hope it's wrong.  How many toy stores do we need?  The music store is a nice idea, and I like the concept of having two shops in a set, but if Lego thinks they need to put out another store that sells toys, I wish they would come up with something different than a toy store.  Do a general merchandise store that might have toys and food, or a department store that might have toys and clothes - ugly sweaters, anyone?