Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

But only a park for the WV as a set on its own does sound everything other than promising to me - we already got a gazebo as well as an ice-skating rink.

Like @Arstotle , I'd prefer a new shop - the last one was back in 2010 (the bakery).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

i'm 50/50 on a park set. On one hand it could be really nice, and blend into the Market set well. Maybe like a large choir or woodwind band in a gazebo as the main bit?. A big aspect of Christmas is the music and vibe, so we do lack a big concert gathering area.

On the other hand, it's not as exciting to me as a building build to add to my street, and the Market is probably my least favourite WV set because it's just lots of little builds that don't blend into the street of shops well imo. 

All my thoughts on how you could make the park exciting also make me think it'll be too samey. We just had the New Year Ice Skating Rink so it'll be boring if this park also features ice skating. I only just got around to bricklinking garland stuff to moc that set into a christmas setting too haha.  

20 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

But only a park for the WV as a set on its own does sound everything other than promising to me - we already got a gazebo as well as an ice-skating rink.

Like @Arstotle , I'd prefer a new shop - the last one was back in 2010 (the bakery).

I too would prefer a new shop, but the fact that we got a gazebo back in 2011 for a set that cost 400 to 600 dollars to get now, I would be all for getting a new one.  Also, a full size skate rink would explain the high piece count, it were made up of those 2 x1 clear blue pieces.  But yes, I agree, we need a new shop.  

Seems like Lego likes to do new set reveals on Tuesdays.  The new WV set is reportedly set to be available for sale on October 3rd (haven't heard about any early availability for VIPs) - what are the chances it gets revealed tomorrow?  

Was just wondering when we found out last year …. Thanks re above !

I think it will be an inn / boarding house / hospitality based business ! 

So, either this week, or perhaps next Tuesday at the latest for the reveal.

I will say that, if we are getting a park, I'm surprised I haven't seen that reported anywhere else yet.  I would certainly be happy if we still end up getting an inn/hotel or some other retail building. 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:29 AM, Paul van Nuil said:

This year they already issue another Christmas tree. So if this rumor is true I hope it won't include a christmas tree. 

Every Winter Village has a tree. LEGO isn't going to stop that. They aren't going to be close to the same scale. Which I think also proves Park would be weird because the park would clearly have a nice Christmas tree in it.

On 9/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Arstotle said:

I have some doubts that we'll see another Christmas market set, as I thought I remember hearing that set sold particularly poorly back in the day.  

The first winter train sold poorly too, I got it for half off at S@H. They still released another one.

51 minutes ago, Maple said:

The first winter train sold poorly too, I got it for half off at S@H. They still released another one.

I think the 2nd one sold better, especially since it had the context of the Winter village to live in.  Also, they brought out the train station.  I know some WV folks skipped it, but I think that was made up with the train people picking it up.  

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

I think the 2nd one sold better, especially since it had the context of the Winter village to live in.  Also, they brought out the train station.  I know some WV folks skipped it, but I think that was made up with the train people picking it up.  

That's kind of my point though. Just because something didn't sell well 10 years ago doesn't mean LEGO wouldn't try something similar now.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

That's kind of my point though. Just because something didn't sell well 10 years ago doesn't mean LEGO wouldn't try something similar now.

Whatever happened with 10173, Lego was bound to come out with a train within the WV line proper.  Additionally, the concept changed in a subtle way, with the newer train not being quite as elaborate as 10173.  In a similar way, I could see aspects of the Market set get carried over into a new set eventually (like a theoretical park set), but I don't think we'll see a set that is "just" a market.  Certainly, I could be wrong. 

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

By the way, did we usually get leaked description before the set’s offical reveal?

Normally the odd leak and a solid rumour that turns out partially true ! This year nothing ? I think the TLG could be more strategic and do a teaser campaign for us die hard fans ! 

3 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Normally the odd leak and a solid rumour that turns out partially true ! This year nothing ? I think the TLG could be more strategic and do a teaser campaign for us die hard fans ! 

TLG is so good at keeping sets more secret and keeping leakers away. 

I can’’t remember if we had teaser campaign for Winter Villae sets before?

They employed someone specifically last year to cut down on the leaks. Maybe they're good at it. Or maybe it's just not the best time for leakers to get peak attention for a winter village set?

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’’t remember if we had teaser campaign for Winter Villae sets before?

There was a teaser campaign for the fire station! It’s the only one that I can recall.

I would appreciate a teaser campaign to build excitement for the set.  The current strategy of keeping it secret into a few weeks before the release, when it's likely in most of the stores anyhow so they can't continue to keep it a secret, is annoying.  I have been trying to figure out why.  The only thing I can figure is it stop knock-offs from getting a version out by Christmas.  

I think we’ll see leaks or a reveal any day now. It’s kind of refreshing to be so close to the release of an anticipated Lego set without knowing anything!

Yesterday, I got Snowman and Reindeer Girl from cM Series 23. They are so adorable but they stil don’t relieve me from waiting for the Winter Village set! I think I am gonna be crazy, lol

I like the antlers are a separate part. You could use them with a hairpiece that has a pinhole to have a minifig wearing one of those dorky antler headbands!

8 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I like the antlers are a separate part. You could use them with a hairpiece that has a pinhole to have a minifig wearing one of those dorky antler headbands!

Completely agreed! And there is a spare antler in the blind bag, which it’s a great bonus for Winter Village. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yesterday, I got Snowman and Reindeer Girl from cM Series 23. They are so adorable but they stil don’t relieve me from waiting for the Winter Village set! I think I am gonna be crazy, lol

Lucky! I don’t know a shop where I can go and have a good old feel. 

Have to say I really did think today would have been the day…sigh. Was it the 9th last year?