Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Let’s start talking about minifigures.

I notice that Winter Village sets only have minifigures without disabilies. Like where is a wheelchair-bound person? Or a deaf child? Or a visually impaired / blind man with his guide dog? Or a woman with artificial leg? City theme already has them but not Winter Village yet.

1 hour ago, Virdenemt said:

Last year the winter village set was leaked on Sept 9.

So just over a week away.

Sounds about right - but even last year we had the half baked rumour about the blue cottage re make - which was a little correct !!?? This year not anything can’t even think of a rumour ? TLG really seem to have leaks under control.

23 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I notice that Winter Village sets only have minifigures without disabilies. Like where is a wheelchair-bound person? Or a deaf child? Or a visually impaired / blind man with his guide dog? Or a woman with artificial leg? City theme already has them but not Winter Village yet.

The Elves represent Dwarfism.

Jokes aside, it would be pretty great to have more diversity in Winter Village. Maybe a deaf person? they wouldn't have to hear Mariah Carey ''AlI want for Christmas is You'' haha.

Edited by Undi3sss

3 hours ago, Undi3sss said:

Jokes aside, it would be pretty great to have more diversity in Winter Village. 

Yeah I thought it would e neat to see minifigures with disabilies in Winter Village.

like a storyteller with artificial leg in an ideal bookstore or a deaf child watching a Christmasproduciton in a theater with a sign language interepter’ s aid.

Or blind man wit guide dog or a guiding stick singing with choir group.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, RichardGoring said:

The same thing happened with the Christmas wreath. It was out for the holidays, then gone completely from the website, before being released again (with no changes) the following year. Santa's Sleigh could well be following the same pattern, so hopefully don't get too frustrated (yet).

The wreath was also sold at Target in the USA. I can picture LEGO doing the same with the Sleigh this year.

29 minutes ago, Maple said:

The wreath was also sold at Target in the USA. I can picture LEGO doing the same with the Sleigh this year.

Hopefully, because it may be the greatest non Winter Village set that goes in the Winter Village.   Even if you don't want to collect the "fantasy" buildings, who wouldn't want Santa and his sleigh flying around.  

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

Hopefully, because it may be the greatest non Winter Village set that goes in the Winter Village.   Even if you don't want to collect the "fantasy" buildings, who wouldn't want Santa and his sleigh flying around.  

Air traffic controllers?

:laugh:

32 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Air traffic controllers?

:laugh:

Only if they bring out the Winter Village Airstrip!  

13 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Sounds about right - but even last year we had the half baked rumour about the blue cottage re make - which was a little correct !!?? This year not anything can’t even think of a rumour ? TLG really seem to have leaks under control.

TLG's gotten way better about keeping leaks under control in recent years, almost to an annoying extent. I still remember those old halcyon days of trawling through LEGO blogs for the latest Clone Wars set leaks. :laugh:

7 hours ago, Celtchief said:

Only if they bring out the Winter Village Airstrip!  

They'd never do it. You'd need about 120 minifigs to show the huge queues you get in an airport during the holidays.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:42 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

You can buy the city figures and put them in your wintervillage. I have a guy in a wheelchair in mine

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

They'd never do it. You'd need about 120 minifigs to show the huge queues you get in an airport during the holidays.

And it’s a  traveler’s very stressful moment during holidays. Not so Christmassy if airport includes “DELAYED” or “CANCELLED” printed tiles for screen. 

A little late here, but I'm hoping they do a new version of the market from 2013:

10235-1.jpg

I'd love some small 'shops' to place around a little market in my winter village! 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:42 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

There are so many cute winter holiday-themed possibilities for disability rep! A skier with prosthetics hooked right into their skis. Mobility aids decorated with wreaths and bows. Little people owning it by dressing up as elves. Et cetera.

8 minutes ago, Karalora said:

There are so many cute winter holiday-themed possibilities for disability rep! A skier with prosthetics hooked right into their skis. Mobility aids decorated with wreaths and bows. Little people owning it by dressing up as elves. Et cetera.

Yes, yes, exactly! :)  I haven’t thought of ski and mobile parts but i like that idea!

Well, I think realistically we can hope to get at least a set name for the WV next week.  Tomorrow will be 1 month out. I wonder how early the lego network folks get the sets to review.  

1 hour ago, keba said:

Rumor has it that this year will be    winter village park.

Well can it have a reindeer stables so I know whether to buy a few reindeers or not. 

wonder what a village park would entail, slides and swings or skiing and tobogganing 

If the “park” rumor turns out to be true, I wonder if it would include a classic sleigh, light show, ice skating, or ice sculpture? Of course, it may include a focal piece - Christmas tree. 

Since there is already the ice-skating scenery with ice sculptures etc. in the Chinese New Year theme, I can't imagine Lego to release something very, very similar the same year - consequently I bet this rumor is fake.

I personally bet that we'll get either a candy shop, a town hall or a new Winter Village Market.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If the “park” rumor turns out to be true, I wonder if it would include a classic sleigh, light show, ice skating, or ice sculpture? Of course, it may include a focal piece - Christmas tree. 

This year they already issue another Christmas tree. So if this rumor is true I hope it won't include a christmas tree. 

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Agreed that while a park would be nice, it would also feel very similar to the CNY set and the ice rink GWP last year.

Last years GW the iceskating "rink" was a disappointment in my opinion. The only thing I liked avbout were the minifigs

Edited by Paul van Nuil

3 hours ago, Paul van Nuil said:

This year they already issue another Christmas tree. So if this rumor is true I hope it won't include a christmas tree. 

Well, yeah. But don’t orget that there was a Christmas tree GWP a few years ago when we still get Christmas tree in Winter Village set, I believe. 

Also, we have Santa’s Visit and Santa’s Seligh sets last year. Now we have two (nearly) identical Santa minifigures. So i guess we will a so-called park set with Christmas tree while we have a standalone Christmas tree? I dunno…

The Spring Lantern Festival set was pretty well done and had almost 1800 pieces, so I could see something on a slightly smaller footprint (that would fit in with the winter village) for 1500 pieces that would have a similar level of detail.  It does feel a little redundant with all the various skating rinks and trees that we've gotten in other sets, but done well I'm sure it would be a solid addition to the line.  I'd still prefer a new shop, but there are (hopefully) plenty of years to go with this line.

I have some doubts that we'll see another Christmas market set, as I thought I remember hearing that set sold particularly poorly back in the day.  Christmas markets just aren't at all ubiquitous in the US, and I think that hurt the sales of that set.  I think a park could pull off some of the same concepts, as you could have a vendor or two scattered about the park, but then you'd pull in some of the other extraneous WV items - like a large tree, skating rink or gazebo.  In truth, a park set would need to be done really well, or else it's going to feel like a conglomeration of little side builds that we already have from previous sets, and that's going to read as lazy.