Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It looks like CMF Series 23 will have Snowman Costume (with a new snowman’s head, hat and broom), Reindeer Costume (with gift box), Elf Costume (with snow globe), Fairy (with candy cane), Nutcracker (?) (with saber). 

The coolest things are snow globe and candy cane. They would be very useful for Winter Vilage lineup!

The Santa's Visit has been available for retailers since 1st of January, but it is quite hard to find on anywhere else but Lego stores (unlike Elf Clubhouse which is much easier to find accross EU). Does anyone know the reason for this, perhaps because it got out of 3 month exclusive period right after the Holidays, making it harder to sell until the end of the year?

I am excited about the 5 Christmas themed mini figs in the set 23.  A new elf is great, and I would love a small line up of nutcracker soldiers to line the path to santa's village. 

7 hours ago, Celtchief said:

I am excited about the 5 Christmas themed mini figs in the set 23.  A new elf is great, and I would love a small line up of nutcracker soldiers to line the path to santa's village. 

Agreed!
These look pretty good. Would fit well in our winter village.

Alright, so the word on the street is the WV set will be released Sept 1st instead of Oct 1st. That is about 7 weeks away.  Hopefully we will find out what the next set is in early August at the latest.  There have been 13 sets, one of which was remake (toy store).  I don't think they will do another fantasy set, and I don't think they are up for a new train yet, and they just did a house.  So, my theory is they are going to do one of two things.  Either a store/business of some kind, or an outside scene, like a winter faire, or an elaborate ice pond/fishing shack, or a ski lodge kind of thing.  If they do a store I think they could have some fun with a candy shop,  But my dream set is that they do some sort of build with a track compatible/big enough for power functions, trolley.  I think having a main street trolley being able to go up and down the set would give it a lot of kinetic energy, drawing your eye to the different builds as it goes in front of them.  Anyhow, what do you guys think?   

It might end up being a little like the Winter Market if your thoughts are right.  I’d quite welcome it, if that was a case.  We’ve only got the last 5 or 6 WV sets.

It's that time of the year again!

Interesting that the Winter Village set release date was pushed up a month and now coincides with the release of Series 23, which is half christmas themed. Could the WV set be related to the S23 christmas minifigures? Food for thought....

Anyway, a bookstore/library could a cozy cute addition to the WV

On 7/15/2022 at 11:42 AM, Robert8 said:

Anyway, a bookstore/library could a cozy cute addition to the WV

I think a village library would be very cool.  I feel like TLG does plenty of bookstores, but a village library would be very nice.  

I just had another thought as I was planning my Winter village.  I was looking to see about getting two more reindeer battle packs (Santa's Sleigh), one to give my sleigh the full 8, and one to create a reindeer stable.  And then it hit me.  They may be so excited to use their new reindeer mold, they might do a Reindeer stable.  The real question being in that case if it is human or Elf operated.  

I love this time of year!! I think it’s definitely time for a shop, the last one was seven years ago!! (Rereleased toy shop)

I agree that a sweets shoppe would be a very good choice.  Every holiday village has one, so it’s a glaring omission to me. Otherwise a winter sports store or book shop also would be good contenders. I have a feeling I might be surprised again this year though. I mean I never could have predicted an Elf Clubhouse!!

2 hours ago, alsielou said:

. I have a feeling I might be surprised again this year though. I mean I never could have predicted an Elf Clubhouse!!

Yeah, the Elf Clubhouse was a surprise, especially on the heels of the Gingerbread house.  I guess I keep thinking there will be a pattern to the releases, like every 4 years we do a fantasy set, every 10 years we do a train set.  I did kind of hope the Gingerbread house was an option, based on the fact they had done a little one, but I did not see the Elf Clubhouse coming.  Guess it sounds better then Elf Barracks though.  

On 7/16/2022 at 6:37 PM, Celtchief said:

I just had another thought as I was planning my Winter village.  I was looking to see about getting two more reindeer battle packs (Santa's Sleigh), one to give my sleigh the full 8, and one to create a reindeer stable.  And then it hit me.  They may be so excited to use their new reindeer mold, they might do a Reindeer stable.  The real question being in that case if it is human or Elf operated.  

New reindeer mold? Why that? That mold is not exactly new - it was introduced in Harry Potter set a few years ago before Elf Club House. 

Anyways, I’m hoping to see a remake of Santa’s Workshop. Or, I say, the Clauses’ Home. Like Mr. and Mrs. Claus can enjoy their time together before Santa could get busy.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

New reindeer mold? Why that? That mold is not exactly new - it was introduced in Harry Potter set a few years ago before Elf Club House. 

Yes, you are correct.  Perhaps I should have said now that there is a reindeer mold available in the last few years, it opens up the possibility of a stable.  I guess new is a relative term.  It was not my intent to confuse anyone.  

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

Yes, you are correct.  Perhaps I should have said now that there is a reindeer mold available in the last few years, it opens up the possibility of a stable.  I guess new is a relative term.  It was not my intent to confuse anyone.  

Got ya. 

In fact, you did make me about a new reindeer mold. What if…we would get a new reindder fawn mold? :)

Stable sounds wonderful for sure. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

In fact, you did make me about a new reindeer mold. What if…we would get a new reindder fawn mold? :)

Yeah, I was just thinking that to really bring out the scene you would want a couple of fawns.  Of course, what we really need to have happen is for Rudolph to drop out of copyright.... 

Sooooo…..today is July 31, the last day of Christmas in July. 

I hope we will find out more about this next Winter Village set pretty soon!

There's a new 784 piece Lego Seasonal Christmas tree that is coming. Leaked images are doing the rounds today.

Tree looks like the GWP from 2019, but with candles and hearts instead of gems and no micro train, also taller, not bad.

New tree is up on the website, 40573. Makes either one 30 cm tall tree or one 23 cm and one 16 cm one. I think it's gorgeous, much better than the 2019 GWP, love the old fashion style and the classical colours. A welcome adition both to the village and my Christmas table centrepiece. 

Edited by FrkW

But wow, at $45 that feels very expensive.

I think I prefer the two smaller trees over the larger one. It feels a bit too stretched/tall for the width.

I love this time of year, when the speculation about the next Winter Village set really ramps up.  A few thoughts:

1) Has it been confirmed that the new WV set is going to drop on September 1st?  Even that new Christmas Tree set is dropping on October 1st. 

2) Count me among the people that are excited for the holiday-themed figures in the next CMF series.  I've always wanted an entire series dedicated to the WV theme, but I'll take half a series over nothing!

3) As for the WV set, I think it has to be a new store, or restaurant, or retail/public building of some sort.  Another remake, even if it was an improved Santa's Workshop, would be a big disappointment.  Too many untapped ideas, like a sweet shoppe, town hall, or lodge.  The Bricklink Winter Chalet set, scaled appropriately, would have been a very nice addition to the WV line - a hotel with a restaurant on the ground floor would have fit right in.  

4) The WV line has such a strong following at this point, I think that TLG could get away with a larger set one year.  Something akin to the Haunted House set in the Monster Fighters line.  I could easily envision a 2,000 - 2,500 piece Santa's Workshop/HQ set, and I think it would sell well for years.  Maybe they will give us something like that for the 15th or 20th anniversary of the line.  

21 minutes ago, Arstotle said:

4) The WV line has such a strong following at this point, I think that TLG could get away with a larger set one year.  Something akin to the Haunted House set in the Monster Fighters line.  I could easily envision a 2,000 - 2,500 piece Santa's Workshop/HQ set, and I think it would sell well for years.  Maybe they will give us something like that for the 15th or 20th anniversary of the line.  

Nice idea, but I'd hope they'd keep it in scale with the others. Not too large as a single building. Maybe a complex, or something that folds out. Home Alone, or the BDP Chalet are examples of being in the right kind of theme, but the wrong scale to fit.

1 hour ago, Arstotle said:

I love this time of year, when the speculation about the next Winter Village set really ramps up.  A few thoughts:

1) Has it been confirmed that the new WV set is going to drop on September 1st?  Even that new Christmas Tree set is dropping on October 1st. 

The tree, ornaments and the Duplo Gingerbread House is dropping September 1 according to the Sweden/Euro site. 

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Nice idea, but I'd hope they'd keep it in scale with the others. Not too large as a single building. Maybe a complex, or something that folds out. Home Alone, or the BDP Chalet are examples of being in the right kind of theme, but the wrong scale to fit.

I guess in my mind it would still be in scale with the village.  I could conceive of Santa having quite the elaborate operation that would require a building a bit larger than the usual WV building, but still be appropriate to the scale and spirit of the WV line.  Certainly, I'll be happy to keep collecting the village if they never do something like this.

4 hours ago, FrkW said:

The tree, ornaments and the Duplo Gingerbread House is dropping September 1 according to the Sweden/Euro site. 

I understand.  At the US Shop at Home site, the Tree, Ornaments and Polar Bears are all scheduled to release on October 1st.  Perhaps this will be another set that is released in bit earlier in Europe than in North America

If we got a doe mold in the winter village set that would be very useful for Harry Potter but, I don't know whether they'd give us one.

Edited by LegoDakin