Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, MSY-MSP said:

I am only planning on order 1 of the sleighs.  What I did today when I ordered Santa's Visit is I also ordered 4 reindeer from bricks and pieces.  They were only $5.86 each which is significantly cheaper than $37 for a second santa's sleigh.  

Yeah, and considering I have Santa's Workshop and several advent calendars... I don't need another Santa...  This is a great idea.  

4 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

I am only planning on order 1 of the sleighs.  What I did today when I ordered Santa's Visit is I also ordered 4 reindeer from bricks and pieces.  They were only $5.86 each which is significantly cheaper than $37 for a second santa's sleigh.  

I thought about that, but what could be problematic is that I would also need the parts that make up the yoke, reins, the blocks that "fill in" the reindeer, and the parts that make up the harnesses on the reindeer.  There is also a part that goes on the harness on top of the reindeer that looks to be either printed or has a sticker, and I would certainly want all 8 reindeer to have those as well.  Sure, I end up with two sleighs and two Santas, however I could probably use a lot of those parts elsewhere to justify getting the second set.   

16 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I thought about that, but what could be problematic is that I would also need the parts that make up the yoke, reins, the blocks that "fill in" the reindeer, and the parts that make up the harnesses on the reindeer.  There is also a part that goes on the harness on top of the reindeer that looks to be either printed or has a sticker, and I would certainly want all 8 reindeer to have those as well.  Sure, I end up with two sleighs and two Santas, however I could probably use a lot of those parts elsewhere to justify getting the second set.   

That’s a good point. I just loaded up 4 reindeer in B&P & it’s just about $24. Sticker sheets are typically pretty cheap, so a few bucks there & a few more for the parts...and you’re just about at the price of the whole set. Just have to figure a way attach the additional four to original four. Attaching the gold poles that run through. 

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Just have to figure a way attach the additional four to original four. Attaching the gold poles that run through. 

My first thought was the lightsaber hilt in what I assume is a matching Pearl Gold color.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=64567&idColor=115#T=S&C=115&O={"color":115,"iconly":0}

Wait a minute…

Did previous Winter Village sets come with regular vechiles (such as car, bus, etc. and NOT sleigh)?

if not, it would be cool to see some vehicles covering in snow. There is no car in Santa’s Visit set, oh well.

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait a minute…

Did previous Winter Village sets come with regular vechiles (such as car, bus, etc. and NOT sleigh)?

if not, it would be cool to see some vehicles covering in snow. There is no car in Santa’s Visit set, oh well.

Recently the train station came with a vintage bus and the fire station came with an antique-styled firetruck. Other sets included a horse drawn wagon, mail truck, and a snowplow truck but they're from before I started collecting WV.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator-Expert/subtheme-Winter-Village

2 minutes ago, CDM said:

Recently the train station came with a vintage bus and the fire station came with an antique-styled firetruck. Other sets included a horse drawn wagon, mail truck, and a snowplow truck but they're from before I started collecting WV.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator-Expert/subtheme-Winter-Village

Gotcha, I totally forgot about that Winter Village fire station set. But I didn’t start collecting until this year. Oh well. 

thanks for a link.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait a minute…

Fairly easy to add a few white 1 by 1 plates/tiles to a ordinary Lego vehicle for a winter look.  TLG did offer a snow plow which while a little large is very cool.

81tTy6lJQ8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If the Santa Front Yard and Mr & Mrs Claus Living Room sets are real, what do you think they'll look like?

It seems a while since TLG did any promotion gifts that readily fit into TWV. Sets like 40262 and 40263 the Christmas Train Ride & Town Square or 40082-1 & 40083-1 the christmas truck and stand. Those are great little additions to a WV set up.

I did fit last year's skating rink in, but a lot of other recent gifts seem to be more like decorations.

I'm hoping The Front Yard would be a little fenced scene, with a tree, snowman, elves and additional reindeer and would sit on the front of The Santa Workshop.

I think The living room would be more like 40292 the Gift Box they did with a little scene inside.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

7 hours ago, mvLego said:

My first thought was the lightsaber hilt in what I assume is a matching Pearl Gold color.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=64567&idColor=115#T=S&C=115&O={"color":115,"iconly":0}

Ahh, that’s a good idea. I think using clips like the set does won’t work because the clips won’t be able to hold the poles as securely, even though it would look better(as in flow). That’s likely the best option. It’ll still be a bit flimsy, but will hold better for sure. 

1 hour ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

If the Santa Front Yard and Mr & Mrs Claus Living Room sets are real, what do you think they'll look like?

It seems a while since TLG did any promotion gifts that readily fit into TWV. Sets like 40262 and 40263 the Christmas Train Ride & Town Square or 40082-1 & 40083-1 the christmas truck and stand. Those are great little additions to a WV set up.

I did fit last year's skating rink in, but a lot of other recent gifts seem to be more like decorations.

I'm hoping The Front Yard would be a little fenced scene, with a tree, snowman, elves and additional reindeer and would sit on the front of The Santa Workshop.

I think The living room would be more like 40292 the Gift Box they did with a little scene inside.

The large Christmas tree with the base is a great addition as a town center tree. 

On 8/11/2021 at 1:11 PM, Celtchief said:

I don't know if this is the year they will do that, I think they will go with a village building this time, but that said, i tend to agree with you that they do need to redo santa's sleigh with molded reindeer, and a flight school/stable would be the perfect set for it.  Also, MORE ELVES!  

It's like you foretold the future.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:16 AM, Brickthrower said:

Let’s do a reissued village cottage please, I love that building but was never able to buy it for a decent price…..:pir-bawling:

Also, like you foretold the future.  Strangely enough, I bought an entire collection from a family that had this whole set in it.  I was ecstatic!  Especially because I paid less for it than

On 8/9/2021 at 3:57 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m sorry but I’m not sure why you posted this here? Is it relating to Winter Village theme or…?

My bad, that was supposed to be posted in the "What Did You Buy Today?" thread.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:46 AM, Robert8 said:

The sleigh is a little too big,

Funny how we all differ, I had thought of buying two and building a larger sled to hold more toys.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm…how about making Santa a commanding general and his lovely but tough Mrs. Claus would be his deputy. Thier army would make out of candy cane sword-wielding elves and war-reindeers. And sleighs serves as tanks or catapults while they 

…yeah, it’s pretty too much for me to imgaine. 

I remember seeing a clip of a cartoon called American Dad that had some ridiculous war/battle with Santa and the elves

On 9/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Celtchief said:

Blame the HOA!

LOL North Pole HOA

On 9/9/2021 at 7:56 PM, Celtchief said:

Can we just talk about how, between this set, the sleigh, and the advent we have 3 santa's 100 percent confirmed, and it sounds like the GWP's will both have Santa's....  5 new Santa's.... We can recreate that scene from Jingle all the Way....

Excellent idea!

On 9/17/2021 at 1:10 PM, Karlos Bandidos said:

I'm not sure about the Santa Front Yard but I could see the Living Room being similar to a much smaller version of Bro Thor's House.

I saw the Santa's Visit at two Lego Stores recently. I was super tempted to pick it up but I'll wait until November most likely.

You know, it feels like trying to pull off an Ocean's 11 heist each year figuring out which sets to get when to maximize Double VIP and GWP's without running out of the sets you want.  

Edited by Celtchief
clarification

Are there definitely going to be Christmassy GWP this year? I thought, in previous years, we'd known about them by the time the main WV set was released.
When I saw they'd reissued the Dickens set, I wondered if that would be it for this year. I hope not!

I love that Christmas Carol set, but have no idea how I'll fit it into my winter village. I've found that with some of the smaller sets from past years, I've repurposed them to become sort of like decorations for other areas - the old Santa's visit and snowman scene became part of a rollercoaster for example. I don't know where Scrooge and Tiny Tim might end up.

55 minutes ago, daemon4001 said:

Are there definitely going to be Christmassy GWP this year?

2, in fact

I bit the bullet and order the Santa Visit without getting a GWP. just to make sure I didn't miss out.

I also took an idea from someones previous suggestion about getting the Harry Potter Hogsmeade visit as they could look good in a WV.

Got some plates from pick a brick to put more snow on the roofs.

I think they look pretty good (could have done a better job with the joins in the roof, but hey ho), and should fit in quite nicely.

20210925_164441 2.jpg

Just finished building this. It was a great build. The roof sections were pretty cleverly done & while the base is going to be tricky to attach to a baseplate, it was a fun build as well. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, Karlos Bandidos said:

I bit the bullet and order the Santa Visit without getting a GWP. just to make sure I didn't miss out.

I also took an idea from someones previous suggestion about getting the Harry Potter Hogsmeade visit as they could look good in a WV.

Got some plates from pick a brick to put more snow on the roofs.

I think they look pretty good (could have done a better job with the joins in the roof, but hey ho), and should fit in quite nicely.

20210925_164441 2.jpg

Very nice indeed! I might just do the same, once I check the Hogsmeade set price (OK, 100 swiss frank here, why not).

Unrelated question : I want to buy last year's wreath but it's unavailable in Switzerland. Could I order it from the German website and get it delivered to my place in Switzerland? Has anybody done that already? I missed out on this set last year and I'm tired of waiting for it to be available again in my country... And what's more, the German website already gives the possibility to buy the Pinguin set and the X-mas ornaments that are only available in 2 days. That's attractive :)

What do you guys think?

On 9/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, Karlos Bandidos said:

... Harry Potter Hogsmeade visit as they could look good in a WV...

They look great well done!  I was set on buying these from the moment I saw them but trying to hold out til I find a good deal or  until the Oct. 25th - Nov. 7th GWP promo for Harry Potter sets now that it has been announced.

6 hours ago, GwladysM said:

Very nice indeed! I might just do the same, once I check the Hogsmeade set price (OK, 100 swiss frank here, why not).

Unrelated question : I want to buy last year's wreath but it's unavailable in Switzerland. Could I order it from the German website and get it delivered to my place in Switzerland? Has anybody done that already? I missed out on this set last year and I'm tired of waiting for it to be available again in my country... And what's more, the German website already gives the possibility to buy the Pinguin set and the X-mas ornaments that are only available in 2 days. That's attractive :)

What do you guys think?

I'm not knowledgeable about ordering/shipping across borders if that would incur any extra fees etc.? 

I did build my Santa's Visit already and I am excited to put them all together for this years winter display and add LED lights through out .

On 9/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, mvLego said:

I considered getting a second copy and using lightsaber hilts, but in the end I just ordered extra reindeer and a couple of the longer pearl gold plastic hoses from the grand piano:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=75c26&idColor=115#T=C&C=115

Thinking I should be able to replace the shorter hoses that come in the set with the longer ones, and then it'll be a doddle to attach the extra reindeer (the rest of the parts needed are common enough that I already had all but the red corner plates in my collection).

On 9/28/2021 at 12:36 AM, Vindicare said:

Just finished building this. It was a great build. The roof sections were pretty cleverly done & while the base is going to be tricky to attach to a baseplate, it was a fun build as well. 

Thanks for searching your thoughts!

I got mine a few days ago but I will plan to build it when Halloween is passed. I can’t wait to make a Christmas magic while building Santa’s Visit. 

So the Santa Sleigh goes on sale 1st October, sadly no Christmas's GWP available at the same time.

Does anyone know does it hit the website at 00:00 utc itself or is it usually later in the day?

Thinking of staying up to try and get one but due to daylight saving in the UK  might mean it's 1 or 2am for me...

7 hours ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

So the Santa Sleigh goes on sale 1st October, sadly no Christmas's GWP available at the same time.

Does anyone know does it hit the website at 00:00 utc itself or is it usually later in the day?

Thinking of staying up to try and get one but due to daylight saving in the UK  might mean it's 1 or 2am for me...

I’m not worried about Christmas GWP myself. You could order it off Bricklink or eBay or some website you like.

That’s good quesiton - I am not sure. I mean, Santa’s Sleigh is highly anticipated because of reindeers and that beautiful sleigh. I need that set so bad - I already have Santa’s Visit.