Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Oh my, I really love it! It looks wonderful, very cute, a bit different layout looks fresh, interior is well detailed. It's a must buy for me.

Looks great and it's strange to see official images before a leak. Looking forward to seeing the GWP vignettes.

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is it me having errors or that set is removed from online? 

I can still see it in the Netherlands

It’s a bit random but I think my favourite is the snowman. Is it made of one or two pieces? And yes I think they have pulled the plug on the website darn it. I was enjoying the ability to zoom in on it all. I wish I knew what the GWPs looked like, I’m quite tempted to just forget them as the WV was OOS by time of the promotion. Don’t want to miss out on in again this year.

38 minutes ago, Brickcatch said:

I can still see it in the Netherlands

I was talking to the general audience here but ok, thanks. 

54 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is it me having errors or that set is removed from online? 

The link given above (that leads to the Malaysian version of site) shows an error 404 for me even if I could see the set a few hours ago. I can't find the set on the US version nor the French one (I've not tried other regions).

Edited by Aurore

Yes Yes Yes! Finally we get another house for the WV families! Love the design and layout. I'm very pleased and this is a must buy for me and my village. 

Looks really good! The only disappointment is the colour of the walls. Since I already own the old VW Cottage set and want to display both, it would have been nice if TLG had chosen a different colour than light blue.

42 minutes ago, CoNSpiracy said:

Looks really good! The only disappointment is the colour of the walls. Since I already own the old VW Cottage set and want to display both, it would have been nice if TLG had chosen a different colour than light blue.

Blame the HOA!

28 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Does anyone know what the small 1-2 logo means in the bottom right of the box?  

I assume it's for 1-2 people to build? They're encouraging the idea of building together for people that don't think about it?

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Does anyone know what the small 1-2 logo means in the bottom right of the box?  

I think it's meant to represent a "family build", in this case it can be built by two people simultaneously.

I adore this set, absolute must have this Christmas. Looks very cozy, I love the color scheme, nicely built decorations, quite bulky Christmas tree and how thick the snow is. The chimney looks like it could actually fit Santa, I wonder if the fireplace pieces are removable so that he doesn't burn. It's just a shame we have to buy the Sleigh set for the complete scene.

6 hours ago, th0r1n said:

It looks great! Better than I expected. I'm curious to know how much they're charging for this set. What I can't get my head around is that the piece count is practically the same as the 10229 set and yet there seems a lot less for your money. Only 4 minifigs where the earlier cottage had 8, plus a large snowplough, firewood storage shed and igloo. Maybe the building is larger in this set???

I'd imagine it will be the normal price of $100 but I could be wrong.  I do agree with you on the first impression of this set. The smaller pieces used in this must be a lot of the build because it doesn't look very big.  

I like the look of it and will be picking it up though.

31 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

The chimney looks like it could actually fit Santa, I wonder if the fireplace pieces are removable so that he doesn't burn. It's just a shame we have to buy the Sleigh set for the complete scene.

There's a video that shows you can put Santa in the chimney and he drops down it. The fire is all on a bar that rotates down flat, so he comes out the fireplace easily. Very neatly done.

29 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

There's a video that shows you can put Santa in the chimney and he drops down it. The fire is all on a bar that rotates down flat, so he comes out the fireplace easily. Very neatly done.

Whoa that’s real neat mechanism!

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

I think it's meant to represent a "family build", in this case it can be built by two people simultaneously.

I adore this set, absolute must have this Christmas. Looks very cozy, I love the color scheme, nicely built decorations, quite bulky Christmas tree and how thick the snow is. The chimney looks like it could actually fit Santa, I wonder if the fireplace pieces are removable so that he doesn't burn. It's just a shame we have to buy the Sleigh set for the complete scene.

I disagree about having the sleigh with the set.  That would have made the sleigh much smaller, with maybe 2 reindeer.  Also, this way, we can buy 2 sleighs to get the full 8 reindeer, not a bunch of WV sets to get more reindeer.  

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

That's cool! I like being right :innocent:

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

I disagree about having the sleigh with the set.  That would have made the sleigh much smaller, with maybe 2 reindeer.  Also, this way, we can buy 2 sleighs to get the full 8 reindeer, not a bunch of WV sets to get more reindeer.  

Yeah you're right. Come to think of it, even if the set included the full sleigh and 4 reindeer, it would cost that much more (I believe it's 40? so altogether 140), in order to get 8 reindeer (without BL or BaP) we'd need to spend 280, but with 1x10293 and 2x40499, it's only 180. Not a bad deal really.

A normal house this time around, and I don't even mind the open back as I'm more into 3-in-1 builds anyway compared to full modular scale, also seems fairly easy to modify it into a non-winter house.

Edited by TeriXeri

I really like it - more so than I think I've liked any Winter Village set since the original Winter Village Cottage. Although the Elf Clubhouse last year was nice.

I am standing really opposite to most of the people in here

Yes, the front looks ok (it's above average, it's good to see new V-shape building)

However, when I look at the back of the building..
stickers all around -
The roof never cover all the back....

and the price like that....

No No No No No No No for me

I guess the Sleigh was part of the original idea for the set, but it would have been too expensive, so they decided to release it on its own, and they are meant to go together

I still think a small sleigh in the house with one (red noise) reindeer would have been better than just Santa alone. That way you would have a grand total of 5 reindeers including Rudolph (and a Santa doppelganger) if you buy both

13 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Aw, man! It’s not built on a standard grid like most of the previous sets have been, it’s got A-wedges and hinges making it angled? Damnit. That’s going to make it way too hard to integrate into my city . . guess I’ll have to pass on this one, take the pressure off my wallet. Oh well . . 

You could lift it by a plate & cover the gaps with plates or cheese slopes. That’s what I’m planning anyways. 

I’m loving this set. I spotted those new cookies!:excited: My only minor complaint is o wish the hairpiece on the girl was a new color, I really like that piece. 

Can we just talk about how, between this set, the sleigh, and the advent we have 3 santa's 100 percent confirmed, and it sounds like the GWP's will both have Santa's....  5 new Santa's.... We can recreate that scene from Jingle all the Way....