Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Yellowturnip said:

Is this the first time Santa has black boots print? 

Exactly what I came to say

But those are not printed, they are double moulded! About damn time!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly what I came to say

But those are not printed, they are double moulded! About damn time!

Where are you seeing dual molded legs on Santa?  The sleigh set does not show Santa's legs, and advent calendar shows him with all red legs.

Sal
WFB, WI

6 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

Is this the first time Santa has black boots 

In a set, yes, although last year / earlier this year these legs appeared in the BAM station at our Lego store. So I already kitted out all my Santas with boots. He does look so much better with boots. 

This is going to be a great Lego Christmas season, for sure!!

Can’t wait to see the winter village set reveal!!

Edited by alsielou

On 9/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, wooster said:

Without looking, I seem to remember at least 2 GWPs being normal.  One during Black Friday, and another later in December.  Last year was frustrating because they sold out of almost any set I was willing to buy in order to get the GWP.  I hope that's not the case this year.  

Had the same issue last year, every set I wanted was sold out.  As COVID-19 numbers are rising in the US, I have started picking up the sets I want now....not waiting for the GWP promos.  Hope these sets you are wanting will be available during the promo's this year.

7 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Had the same issue last year, every set I wanted was sold out.  As COVID-19 numbers are rising in the US, I have started picking up the sets I want now....not waiting for the GWP promos.  Hope these sets you are wanting will be available during the promo's this year.

I really hope they stock up this time! I could not get my hands on the Christmas wreath last year and I was so disappointed. I heard it could be released again this year so I keep my eyes open in case it does but I try no to get my hopes up too high ;)

Looking forward to the official reveal, I read a guy's comment on another site that said this year's release will be a re-edition of the cottage. I don't know what to think. On the one hand I'm happy because second market is out of control for old WV sets, but on the other hand, I was kind of expecting a brand new idea for this year.

Let's hope they won't take too long before announcing it :)

1 hour ago, GwladysM said:

I really hope they stock up this time! I could not get my hands on the Christmas wreath last year and I was so disappointed. I heard it could be released again this year so I keep my eyes open in case it does but I try no to get my hopes up too high ;)

Looking forward to the official reveal, I read a guy's comment on another site that said this year's release will be a re-edition of the cottage. I don't know what to think. On the one hand I'm happy because second market is out of control for old WV sets, but on the other hand, I was kind of expecting a brand new idea for this year.

I really hope they re-release Christmas wreath and cottage. i am missing both and in second market the prices are crazy.

2 hours ago, GwladysM said:

The wreath just became available again on Saturday, on the Australian Lego site, despite earlier this year being marked as “retired”. So do keep your eyes out 😊

I understand that the apparent rumour for this year’s winter village set is for a new cottage, not a rerelease of the prior set….

3 hours ago, GwladysM said:

Same on the Christmas Wreath for sure.  Also, I think it's described as a "Winter Cottage" but it will be a new model.  Villages need homes for people, And think about it, The Elves have one home, the Gingerbread have one home, and the lego people have one home..but there are like so many more lego people... AFFORDABLE LEGO HOUSING NOW!!!!

2 hours ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

What do you think of my winter village architecture moc?

Great job!  I am impressed.  

On 9/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Yellowturnip said:

Does anyone know if the Ideas Medievel Blacksmith set would work with the WV? I think the style is perfect but I’m unsure if the size ratio would be out

The Blacksmith seems a little off for WV. Maybe if you added some snow? The Harry Potter Hogsmeade se is however perfect for WV. Effectively giving you a WV Tavern and Candy Store. 

It's awesome!! The cottage looks great, the kid's pyjama is incredibly cute - and do I spot white opal round bricks? They could have recoloured the little bird as a robin, but oh well, it's great enough as it is!

Wow this is a fantastic set, compared to the two last year! This and the sleight will look good in my winter village :) 

Its so gorgeous, Im so happily surprised, this is gonna be a day 1 purchase for me!

Love it! The scale of the original cottage always felt a bit off compared to the other buildings. This looks perfect from the outside. A bit of a shame that it's not more closed in at the back, but then, that's what made the original feel too large and difficult to get into it.

Just looking through the interior details, it's so nicely done. Really good stuff!

Very tempted to get two of these and colour swap the blue walls on the second one.

Aw, man! It’s not built on a standard grid like most of the previous sets have been, it’s got A-wedges and hinges making it angled? Damnit. That’s going to make it way too hard to integrate into my city . . guess I’ll have to pass on this one, take the pressure off my wallet. Oh well . . 

1 minute ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Aw, man! It’s not built on a standard grid like most of the previous sets have been, it’s got A-wedges and hinges making it angled? Damnit. That’s going to make it way too hard to integrate into my city

Im so putting this one in a corner hahah

It looks great! Better than I expected. I'm curious to know how much they're charging for this set. What I can't get my head around is that the piece count is practically the same as the 10229 set and yet there seems a lot less for your money. Only 4 minifigs where the earlier cottage had 8, plus a large snowplough, firewood storage shed and igloo. Maybe the building is larger in this set???

I absolutely love it! And I’m so pleased there were no grainy leaks beforehand. It was a lovely surprise to see it first in the official announcement -

https://brickset.com/article/63563/this-year-s-winter-village-set-revealed!

I think it’s gorgeous. I think all the pieces have gone into the details of the smooth snowy mounds, curved roof corners, greenery under the roofline and windowsills, that tablecloth… and the chimney must be bigger than any other winter village chimney, in order to fit Santa…

It would have been nice if the parent minifigs were also wearing pj’s instead of torsos that we’ve seen before. But hey, I love their hair (though coincidentally I literally just purchased both of these black hairpieces for my winter village folks). 

I really love it.