Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

8 hours ago, wooster said:

A new leak on IG says it’s called “Santa’s Visit”, a light blue cottage with 5 minifigs.  

The name is correct it's 10293 "Santa's Visit" the minifig count just isn't spot on... Expect an official reveal pretty soon as its a nice surprise for sure 

Oh wow, this year's set really appeals to me! I wonder if we're still getting something else? I mean it's smaller than usual WV sets but still bigger than promotional sets like small gingerbread house, skating rink and others, so maybe it's the only WV set we're getting this year? 

The Santa sleigh is just an additional smaller set it is not the official main winter village set …!!

At least it has brought the topic to life !!

48 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'd be surprised. It's much smaller/cheaper than normal. It's not got the 18+ branding that they're now using for Winter Village. This seems to me to be the next Christmas Wreath that they did last year. A small-ish, $35 set that's more accessible and generic.

A great year for winter village fans if they get two sets then :sweet:

That's a great sleigh set for sure, last year had the Christmas Wreath, this seems to be the 2021 set, seeing how the box has a similar green artwork on the left side bar. 

Also the set numbering falls in line with the other Seasonal purchasable sets. 40498 is the Penguin set, and this Sleigh seems to be 40499.

Edited by TeriXeri

FOUR REINDEER IN A SINGLE SET?!

i totally didn’t expect that! I made my prediction that there would be 2 or 3 reindeers in an unproven stable set but WHOA! 

With a sleigh set, I wonder if the WV set where will be something Santa will be able to visit, like a house.

2019 had a Gingerbread house, but the last regular minifig WV "house" was way back in 2012, or 2015 Toy Shop re-release if a bit lenient.

Edited by TeriXeri

This is shaping up to be an awesome and expensive year for WV fans!

Home Alone ideas set $250

This new Santa Sleigh set for $40-50

The Penguin Seasonal model $15

The normal WV release for around $100

I guess its a good problem to have!

Edited by Blackpool

Does anyone know if the Ideas Medievel Blacksmith set would work with the WV? I think the style is perfect but I’m unsure if the size ratio would be out

6 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Does anyone know if the Ideas Medievel Blacksmith set would work with the WV? I think the style is perfect but I’m unsure if the size ratio would be out

I considered this when it was released. My thought was to remove the foundation / basement level and recolor much of the roof and trim to appear snow covered. Ultimately I decided against it, not because of scale but because of the amount of pieces I'd be paying for and not using...not to mention the bricklink order for recolors.

17 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

I bought a damaged box set for 10% off with the idea of using it in the WV. Its still in the box because I'm unsure of the scale as well. Might try to find a decent rebrickable for it or just sell it.

This is amazing :wub_drool: They could have easily made it a GwP but I’m so so happy they didn’t. Easy buy for me. (Alongside the Tumbler :grin:)

A few weeks ago some people were worried the Home Alone set would be this year's WV slot

A look at us now... pretty much double winter village this year

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A few weeks ago some people were worried the Home Alone set would be this year's WV slot

A look at us now... pretty much double winter village this year

I never was because the Home Alone set is:

a) issued as an Ideas set
b) to large and expensive to be a WV set

Oh GWPs have been mentioned. Santa’s front yard and Mr and Mrs Claus living room. 🤔 Intriguing ideas if true

Edited by Yellowturnip

30 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Oh GWPs have been mentioned. Santa’s front yard and Mr and Mrs Claus living room. 🤔 Intriguing ideas if true

What? Two GWPs?

28 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What? Two GWPs?

Without looking, I seem to remember at least 2 GWPs being normal.  One during Black Friday, and another later in December.  Last year was frustrating because they sold out of almost any set I was willing to buy in order to get the GWP.  I hope that's not the case this year.  

4 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

Huh,

Well, I am all for Santa Claus, but between the the advent calendar and the sleigh, that is two Santa's  Since they are name checking Santa in both those GWP's, I wonder if we are getting 2 more Santas?  That seems crazy.  

45 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Does the phrase "Santa as army builder" make the prospect better or worse?

Hmm…how about making Santa a commanding general and his lovely but tough Mrs. Claus would be his deputy. Thier army would make out of candy cane sword-wielding elves and war-reindeers. And sleighs serves as tanks or catapults while they 

…yeah, it’s pretty too much for me to imgaine. 

I guess you could do ‘hiring Santa Claus’. Could be quite funny having them all sat outside an office with their job application forms 😂. Is there any wv builds already that could be converted for such purposes

On 9/2/2021 at 11:01 PM, wooster said:

A new leak on IG says it’s called “Santa’s Visit”, a light blue cottage with 5 minifigs.  

Just curious if this could be a working title, since there was set 40125 in 2015 called Santa's Visit. Or do they reuse set names sometimes?