Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 hours ago, alsielou said:

That’s a good point and I agree. I mustn’t forget to pick up that set…. (Have been waiting for a decent discount)

Although I would enjoy a butchers shop in the winter village, I can’t see that happening.  I could see TLG releasing a ski shop however; selling skis, snowboards, skates and snowshoes etc. in a gorgeous little old style building. 

Ooh, yes! Nice idea. That would be terrific.

I'm surprised there not even a rumor at this point about what the set will be. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, we knew about the theme like August first last year. Lego have certainly cracked down on the leaks. 

They certainly have maintained low leakage last couple of years - plus the release has been pushed back further too - I personally feel the reindeer stables / flying school type fantasy set will be the way it goes …

9 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

They certainly have maintained low leakage last couple of years - plus the release has been pushed back further too - I personally feel the reindeer stables / flying school type fantasy set will be the way it goes …

I don't know if this is the year they will do that, I think they will go with a village building this time, but that said, i tend to agree with you that they do need to redo santa's sleigh with molded reindeer, and a flight school/stable would be the perfect set for it.  Also, MORE ELVES!  

Why is so much dislike of the “fantasy” sets?

The central figure of Christmas is Santa Claus so sets based on his workshop and such makes sense.  Even if you want more real world sets in a village all about Christmas it makes sense that they would have a Santa’s village.  

Sets I’d like to see:

Snowman house/igloo (we’ve never had a Snowman minifig)

Reindeer stable

Inn

Cafe

Town Hall

House/chalet

Edited by Slave2Leia

7 hours ago, Slave2Leia said:

Why is so much dislike of the “fantasy” sets?

I too enjoy the fantasy sets.  That said, I think many people think "Winter Village" and they think of those fancy diorama's put out with realistic looking buildings and figurines, where the focus is building up an actual romanticized version of a village at Christmas time, and since Lego only brings out one set a year, each fantasy set slows down the growth of the "real" village.  That said, I expect the fantasy sets have sold just fine, and maybe even to a broader base then just the winter village collections, thus why they have done 3 fantasy sets in the last 7 years... If you include the fact they did remake of the toy store one of those years, it means the train sets and the fire engine are the only new "real" village sets in the last 7 years.  

Anyhow, thats just my 2 cents....  I love it all....

Robert

On 8/10/2021 at 8:27 AM, Robert8 said:

Yeah I'm suprised too based on past years... maybe we'll have to change that very soon :shrug_confused:

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah I'm suprised too based on past years... maybe we'll have to change that very soon :shrug_confused:

Eyes GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

When has everyone heard the possible release date might be for this years set? I'm still holding out for mid September for VIPS

I would love that to be true. I would also love some news about a new cool, winter village set to help beat that ol' August heat! 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Ha Ha, right there with you, Robert8!

Oct. 1 (ish) has been the typical release date. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case this year.

I would be perfectly fine with a new house for the village.  I think a log cabin would look nice, but not sure how that translates in Lego

FA5CAAF6-FB16-49A2-86BB-085941940E14.jpe

is it possible that we get remake of winter village cottage? Or do you think this is just simbolic picture?

3 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Home alone $230? Isn't that rumoured to be 100? 

Nah the next Ideas set is actually the Stratocaster which was a competition winner and everyone forgot about it.  @adwind’s Home Alone will be the one that follows, priced at $230, a price that will give a far better set.

On a different note, has there ever been a snowplough vehicle in any WV set before?  That seems to me to be a good vehicle for these sets.

What I really hope is that we never get a police station.  The only police scene I associate with Christmas is drunk driving from the celebrations.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Just now, RichardGoring said:

Yes. There was one in 10229: Winter Village Cottage.

https://brickset.com/sets/10229-1/Winter-Village-Cottage

Of course.  I’d completely forgotten that, ironically as it’s pictured just above.

I’d quite like to see a boat frozen in the ice though I’m not sure how that would fit in.

To tie the fantasy and real together, I’d also like a meet Santa set.  I don’t think it could be the whole thing though.

Also I wouldn’t mind an old fashioned ski lodge (not like the one in City a couple of years back).

32 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

To tie the fantasy and real together, I’d also like a meet Santa set.  I don’t think it could be the whole thing though.

I think a meet Santa set could go well with a town hall, with a mayor, maybe a friendly looking 1940's cop, santa and elves that are either real in costume, you decide.... and because we already have it, a reindeer.. few kids and a few adults... Boom!  

31 minutes ago, Gilderdave said:

I honestly wonder if we’ll see a revised Santa’s workshop. New deer etc.

But would they put 4x very expensive deer into a single $100 set? The previous ones were brick built, so much cheaper.