Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Town hall is definitely something that’s still missing considering there won‘t be a church. Waiting for it for years.

I would not like a police station. That doesn‘t fit the cosy, tacky atmosphere in the winter village for me. Would be like a hospital. Fire station was just on the edge.

There as well could be a book shop, a  barber, a theatre, sawmill, a mine, another cottage ...  

Yes the Town Hall is definitely missing from this series. I would be gutted if they do a police station unless maybe it drew inspiration from a rural village police station cottage. If so I would want it to come further down the line. Fire engines have always been a big part of xmas where I come from and you would never go to a xmas fair or watch a xmas parade without it being one of the main attractions. So for me it was an essential build to my village.

Is anyone else thinking of getting the new Harry Potter Hogsmeade set just to get an inn?

I don't see LEGO releasing two police stations in the same year.

I like the idea of a center park and two small buildings, maybe a house and a candy store to go with it.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, Maple said:

I don't see LEGO releasing two police stations in the same year.

I like the idea of a center park and two small buildings, maybe a house and a candy store to go with it.

Two police stations in same  year?

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Two police stations in same  year?

The modular this year was the police station. I doubt LEGO would release another one this year.

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

The modular this year was the police station. I doubt LEGO would release another one this year.

Ah i see... well, Winter Village police station sounds great to me, tho. And the city hall sounds nice as well. 

Overall, not a whole lot of other winter related minifig sets around.

Not including licensed here (examples would be Frozen or Hogsmeade)

At least compared to some other years which had City Ski Resort / Snow Groomer / Ambulance Helicopter , a 3-in-1 Ski Hut, or a Friends Snow Resort Subtheme.

Edited by TeriXeri

Think a town hall with a trolley side build that is lego track compatible would be fun.  A Santa visiting kids diorama might make up part of a bigger set as well. I loved the Fantasy stuff, but it is definitely time for a set for the actual village.  I would only be for a police station if it was made to look like a Victorian era building and the cops were all dressed like English Bobby's... You know, a residential house with a front yard filled with Christmas decorations would be fun... and very true to my experience of driving around and looking at houses around Christmas.  Anyhow, I await the release with baited breath.  

I too love the countdown to the Winter Village reveal each year !! I personally feel the fantasy type sets of the last few years are where the theme will continue to pitch sets - I saw mentioned somewhere that it would be a reindeer stables type of thing this year would be popular with some and make use of the reindeer mould ???

Interesting and funny, @Flippi01, since I'm really tired of this fantasy stuff and am really hoping for TLG this year to return to the classic and realistic Winter Village.

Plus I'm hoping that TLG won't cancel this year's WV set - like they did with the Fairground set and the Trains set.

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Interesting and funny, @Flippi01, since I'm really tired of this fantasy stuff and am really hoping for TLG this year to return to the classic and realistic Winter Village.

I have to admit I agree here @Klaus-Dieter, they’re far superior.  I have the train ones and they’re both brilliant.  I could do with more non fantasy ones considering we’ve had 3 in recent years, plus the reissue of the toy shop.  

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Plus I'm hoping that TLG won't cancel this year's WV set - like they did with the Fairground set and the Trains set.

Fairground was a prediction based off of the two years, then one without, idea, but the two current ones are the two most expensive, and there are smaller 3-in-1 sets available.  As I said in the fairground sets forum, mechanical issues could also have postponed this.

Trains - it was hope but only sort of an expectation.  I really did have my hopes up - but when they were produced before they only had them every 2 years so I guess it’s no surprise really.

Winter Village, on the other hand, has been an annual constant for longer than either trains or fairground, so I think we can confidently expect one this year.  Any cancellation of a Winter Village set would prove immensely unpopular with so many fans I don’t think they’d dare.

Would be a disappointment if they do cancel the WV set for 2021.  Should that happen do have a bit of a buffer.  Planning on adding the Winnie the Pooh set 21326 to my Holiday display.  Seams made for it...add a few white leaves and some white studs for snow.  While I favor the more village offering of this theme, the kids like the Elfs and Santa better.  Our display is for the whole family and would much prefer an Elf or two gets moved around and such then have a nice looking village that just collects dust....no one plays with.  Hoping our Elfs get into all kinds of trouble in our display this year! ;)

While I do like the fantasy WW sets, I think it's time to return to a more realistic take on the theme for this year

I am a fan of fantasy and realistic stuffs. I really don’t mind if Winter Village set would be either fantasy or realistic this year. Like…what about Santa’s Reindeer Stable?! Or snow-capped library?! Just random ideas I throw…

I would be extremely disappointed if they cancel this unknown Winter Village set this year… I don’t get it why they should do that.

Thinking about it, in the last 6 years we've only got one normal WV set which works by itself and fits in properly.  Santa's Workshop, Gingerbread House and Elf Clubhouse are all fantasy - and thought they kind of fit in, I've always considered the train and station kind of separate - you can't have one without the other realistically.  This only leaves the Fire Station.  it's definitely time for another like the Bakery or the Post Office.  

7 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Thinking about it, in the last 6 years we've only got one normal WV set which works by itself and fits in properly.  Santa's Workshop, Gingerbread House and Elf Clubhouse are all fantasy - and thought they kind of fit in, I've always considered the train and station kind of separate - you can't have one without the other realistically.  This only leaves the Fire Station.  it's definitely time for another like the Bakery or the Post Office.  

Technically, Gingerbread House is not really “fantasy”, it’s just more like a real-life gingerbread house on a table. I don’t know why it’s called “Winter Village” or whatever.

But yes, I agree with your thoughts.

This will put a dampener on things - the IDEAS Home Alone House is set to come out late September, with a considerably reduced price of $100. This is unfortunately around the WV price point, and late September could be the VIP release with October 1st main release - implying it may be being treated as the WV set for this year.

I still have my hopes up though - I also imagine LEGO would cause serious unpopularity was this the case.

When have we found out about WV sets in the past?

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

This will put a dampener on things - the IDEAS Home Alone House is set to come out late September, with a considerably reduced price of $100. This is unfortunately around the WV price point, and late September could be the VIP release with October 1st main release - implying it may be being treated as the WV set for this year.

I still have my hopes up though - I also imagine LEGO would cause serious unpopularity was this the case.

Last year we heard i was a club house end of july/beginning of August and got leaked pictures beginning of September. 

Can't imagine they won't make a proper one this year, holiday stuff sells out the moment it hits the shelves and they know WV is always highly anticipated. 

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I can’t see them dropping an Ideas set into the winter village range.  That would be like dropping an ideas set straight into the Modulars range.  

The fact the Home Alone House is rumoured to be $100 is a disgrace. LEGO really needs to stop screwing around with wonderful Ideas and wrecking them.

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

@Brick Clicker has a video out saying there will be a dedicated Winter Village set this year. $100. Set 10293. No piece count or name. Launched mid-September.

Yeah there should a separate winter village set this year too alongside the anticipated Home alone set

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah there should a separate winter village set this year too alongside the anticipated Home alone set

Thank god for that