Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

So I ordered the Elf House on 10/19, and today, 10/21 it is on backorder.  Mine shipped today.  I also ordered the Frankenstein and the Halloween Hayride for.. Halloween.  That got me x2 pts on those three orders, plus the mindstorm set (gift for random kid person in life) and free Lego wrapping paper.  But, of course, that leads to the problem, as some of you have mentioned, of the holiday GWP...The wreath and the other Holiday sets come up to about 68 dollars....  Assuming the threshold is 99 or 100.... I need to figure out what else to add.  And have we gotten a hint about a 2nd GWP in Dec?  

So, Promo Bricks have pictures of new GWP ( I guess), that looks like it will fit perfectly into any Winter Village.

My question is, that red torso, is that new? It looks just like my kids winter sweaters, so I would like to get a few :) 

Both torsos look new to me. I am so happy!! I’ve been wishing for new knitted jumpers for the winter village for a while now. Between this and the new Christmas minifigures from the Build a Minifigure stations, we really are doing well this year for new winter village outfits!!

I read on Instagram that the GWP Ice Rink 40416 will be available for purchase for $20 later this month. Is that true? Or do I need to drop $150 big ones now before it runs out?

8 hours ago, droobles said:

I read on Instagram that the GWP Ice Rink 40416 will be available for purchase for $20 later this month. Is that true? Or do I need to drop $150 big ones now before it runs out?

I desperately hope this is true. I really do want that set but damn if I can drop $150 right now. 

Is it too early to begin speculation about this year's addition?  The past two years have been a bit on the fantasy side (both are pretty easy to strip of their fantasy elements) so I am wondering if we'll get a traditional town piece this year or if the theme is beginning to go that route long term.  What would be next?  A large literal North Pole that Santa lives in?  

4 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

Is it too early to begin speculation about this year's addition?  The past two years have been a bit on the fantasy side (both are pretty easy to strip of their fantasy elements) so I am wondering if we'll get a traditional town piece this year or if the theme is beginning to go that route long term.  What would be next?  A large literal North Pole that Santa lives in?  

Probably a bit too early but I really hope it goes back to the Town theme this year.  I've enjoyed the last two but I really want something more realistic again.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, GarmadonFan said:

The past two years have been a bit on the fantasy side (both are pretty easy to strip of their fantasy elements) so I am wondering if we'll get a traditional town piece this year or if the theme is beginning to go that route long term.  What would be next?  A large literal North Pole that Santa lives in?  

Are there all that many options for a new fantasy-esque winter set? It seems like the Elf House/Gingerbread House have covered most of the bases, unless they're going to go with a Nutcracker theme.

I'm wondering if it's getting about time to revisit some of the older sets. The Toy Shop got a remake in 2015. Perhaps one of the older sets - the Bakery or the Post Office, perhaps - might get a revisit.

Just now, Alexandrina said:

Are there all that many options for a new fantasy-esque winter set? It seems like the Elf House/Gingerbread House have covered most of the bases, unless they're going to go with a Nutcracker theme.

I'm wondering if it's getting about time to revisit some of the older sets. The Toy Shop got a remake in 2015. Perhaps one of the older sets - the Bakery or the Post Office, perhaps - might get a revisit.

Since 10249 received a lot of complaints I don't think there will be any more rereleases. But it is possible to get both a rerelease and a new set the same year!

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Since 10249 received a lot of complaints I don't think there will be any more rereleases.

The thing is, the first Winter Village set was twelve years ago. There are only so many things they could put in a village, and an increasing number of people who don't have the older sets. Sooner or later they'll either start releasing things they've done before or bring the village to a close. Now, maybe it won't be for a while - and it doesn't need to be a pretty direct upgrade like the Toy Shop - but I'd be very surprised if they never cover old bases.

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

The thing is, the first Winter Village set was twelve years ago. There are only so many things they could put in a village, and an increasing number of people who don't have the older sets. Sooner or later they'll either start releasing things they've done before or bring the village to a close. Now, maybe it won't be for a while - and it doesn't need to be a pretty direct upgrade like the Toy Shop - but I'd be very surprised if they never cover old bases.

Or they can do some licensed Winter Village sets (like Harry Potter)

19 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Or they can do some licensed Winter Village sets (like Harry Potter)

It's possible, definitely. Not sure anything like that'll be on the cards for 2021 though - there's already a Hogsmeade set for Harry Potter, and I don't think any other current Lego licenses are particularly wintry. Maybe in the future though.

(Personally, I'd adore a Winterfell/Castle Black set, but Game of Thrones is profoundly unlikely)

A Winter Village police station is something we haven't seen, maybe we might get one of those.

5 minutes ago, jonwil said:

A Winter Village police station is something we haven't seen, maybe we might get one of those.

Interesting idea! Maybe there will be one in 2022 since we got a Police Station modular this year.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Are there all that many options for a new fantasy-esque winter set? 

I was wondering this as well but I don't think I would have ever thought up "Elf-House".  Most of the earlier sets were cute little buildings that sort of filled out the theme.  I didn't start collecting these until 2019 so I missed that whole era of sets.  My loss I guess but I would like another crack at those types of designs.  

I think they could just do different cottages each year and most people would be happy. I certainly would be!

Tavern doesn't seem likely given the rules against alcohol but a candy store does seem like it would make sense.

How about “Winter Village Inn” instead of tavern or pub. 

Also, Three Broomsticks is a popular place for Hogwarts studnets to gather there. So I guess it’s butter-beer...

Anyways... I’m very curious about Winter Village set this year. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:41 PM, Robert8 said:

The Hoagsmeade set is pretty much a Winter Village set

I think Honeydukes might need a little modification to fit in with the theme (there are a lot of stickers on the front of that thing) but other than that they will look pretty good with a developed Winter Village.