Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Now after it's official release it is safe to say this is something I would like to add to my collection! Love it. 

I love it. The torsos are fantastic, although a red hat would’ve been welcome, would’ve loaded well with the new scarf color. I like the building’s shape a lot more than when I first saw it. The straight on view looks better than the angled one. The interior is nice, but a bit lacking. Gotta love the waffle dispenser...yes please! :laugh: Great side builds too.

Edited by Vindicare

6 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Today was the day after all ! 
wonder what next years will be :) 

That chimney gives me an idea. How about a house where santa can land on the roof and then you pop him into the top of the chimney, do a twist of some part, and from the fireplace magically appears santa, slightly covered with soot. And when he pops back up, he is magically clean again.

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

That chimney gives me an idea. How about a house where santa can land on the roof and then you pop him into the top of the chimney, do a twist of some part, and from the fireplace magically appears santa, slightly covered with soot. And when he pops back up, he is magically clean again.

So you want to build a Batcave style suit-up feature, except with Santa suiting up into Dusty Santa, into someone’s house?

The Clubhouse is cute and I do like the bunk bed feature, though I’m honestly not as excited for this one. If the rumours about the Downtown Diner retiring after only three years are true then I really need to get that before the end of the year, which means I’ll probably have to skip the Elf Clubhouse this year and reconsider next year. 

I love the set, so I'm going to just list some very minor complaints.

• The door looks a little... off. I think it might have needed a sticker on the 2x3 brown tile to add a tan line or some texture in there. But then I saw how it looks with the door open and I love it :pir-wub:
  • The balcony I can also do without, I might detach it if I get the set and just have the sides be symmetrical.
  • The wreath might look better with a green circular 4x4 plate with the hollow middle piece but with those same red pieces for the bow.
  • Those lights... I'm not sure what that decision was like but I think the replacing them with a white 1x1 clip and a white hollow stud, but the same trans pieces might make it look better and less odd.
  • The tree really isn't doing anything for me. It looks too cluttered but thats an easy fix. Also tan and lime green for the ornaments aren't very Christmasy in my eyes. 

Things I really love though:

• The stocking on the chimney is really nice, the white at the top really does it for me.
  • The fact that they included a waffle maker instead of a fireplace like usual is a pretty nice mix up.
  • The sleigh is so gorgeous with the red, white, and gold. Even the trans orange candle flames are cute.
  • Literally everything else :)

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So you want to build a Batcave style suit-up feature, except with Santa suiting up into Dusty Santa, into someone’s house?

Is that a rhetorical question? Speaking of Batman, why haven't we gotten a Christmas at the Waynes advent calendar set?

11 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I love the set, so I'm going to just list some very minor complaints.

• The door looks a little... off. I think it might have needed a sticker on the 2x3 brown tile to add a tan line or some texture in there. But then I saw how it looks with the door open and I love it :pir-wub:
  • The balcony I can also do without, I might detach it if I get the set and just have the sides be symmetrical.
  • The wreath might look better with a green circular 4x4 plate with the hollow middle piece but with those same red pieces for the bow.
  • Those lights... I'm not sure what that decision was like but I think the replacing them with a white 1x1 clip and a white hollow stud, but the same trans pieces might make it look better and less odd.
  • The tree really isn't doing anything for me. It looks too cluttered but thats an easy fix. Also tan and lime green for the ornaments aren't very Christmasy in my eyes. 

Things I really love though:

• The stocking on the chimney is really nice, the white at the top really does it for me.
  • The fact that they included a waffle maker instead of a fireplace like usual is a pretty nice mix up.
  • The sleigh is so gorgeous with the red, white, and gold. Even the trans orange candle flames are cute.
  • Literally everything else :)

With the door, my only real worry would be the clips on the reddish brown part.  I hope they have fixed the brittleness issue with this particular color.  I still have a fear of reddish brown clips, because I have a bag full of broken parts in that color.  

As for the tree, I agree it does not look as good with the tan and lime green.  I think silver and gold studs will work better and plan on swapping those out.  

The waffle maker is definitely a novel idea.  

8 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Is that a rhetorical question? Speaking of Batman, why haven't we gotten a Christmas at the Waynes advent calendar set?

There would need to be a batmobile without its wheels, and the Joker must get away

18 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

There will be either four or eight reindeer in the set. 

What a glorious day that would be :tongue:

The October calendar has been released.  The GWPs relate to Mindstorm.  While the new WV Elf Clubhouse will be available on October 1, we won't get any new Christmas-related GWP at that time. :angry:

1 hour ago, wooster said:

The October calendar has been released.  The GWPs relate to Mindstorm.  While the new WV Elf Clubhouse will be available on October 1, we won't get any new Christmas-related GWP at that time. :angry:

This is pretty typical...Christmas themed GWPs are usually November / December offers.

Edited by CDM

3 hours ago, CDM said:

This is pretty typical...Christmas themed GWPs are usually November / December offers.

Which would then mean if you really want that Dickens set, you would be risking the Elf Clubhouse going out of stock.  You would then either have to forfeit the GWP or try to find something else that will get you over the threshold amount.  I will probably just get the WV set Oct 1 along with an advent calendar and the nutcracker, and then later hope there is something else I want when the Dickens GWP window opens up.  I would buy the WV set as soon as it released, but the only problem then is the nutcracker could not be on that order (Oct 1 release).  These release dates and GWP dates really make things complicated.  Plus, even if the desired item is in stock around late Nov/early Dec, there is also a risk with the shipping times.  The normal shipping delays around the holidays in addition to the possible COVID issues could make ordering at that time of year risky in terms of getting the item when you need it.  

I've ordered the Winter Village set in November each of the last few years in order to get the GWP. If it were to sell out, however unlikely, hopefully Lego will allow backorders. I'll take my chances.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I've ordered the Winter Village set in November each of the last few years in order to get the GWP. If it were to sell out, however unlikely, hopefully Lego will allow backorders. I'll take my chances.

Yeah, I think you're right.  I know I have several orders right now to qualify for the GWP, but I hate waiting till November to get them.  But I think I will.

I totally agree with the risk of waiting for the GWP. I would really like the wreath, nutcracker and elf house sets to be delivered with enough time to build them before Christmas, but there really isn’t much else that I would want to buy from the online store in order to get the GWP. And remember that there are usually two Christmas GWPs just a few weeks apart.

3 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

For whatever reason, the set is now available. I just ordered mine. 

It's 23 September in Europe / Denmark now so that's probably the reason.

Would be a bit unfair to release it on timezones.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

It's 23 September in Europe / Denmark now so that's probably the reason.

Would be a bit unfair to release it on timezones.

Releases typically hit me at 9PM...midnight east coast time. I’m not aware of any release being done this early, certainly not this year. I’ve done a fair few, even a VIP early release, never seen it available 6 hours before it’s supposed to be. Good news though, now it should ship out sooner. :excited:

I usually wait until November to order my WV in order to get the holiday GWP. Kinda nervous about it this year with all of the product shortages though but I still think its worth the risk.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:37 PM, Blackpool said:

I usually wait until November to order my WV in order to get the holiday GWP. Kinda nervous about it this year with all of the product shortages though but I still think its worth the risk.

I feel like it will go back in stock someday...

For whatever reason, Australia and New Zealand somehow got The Christmas Carol promo first via LEGO Certified Stores.  Rushed out to spend $199NZD just to get it.

Totally loves the idea on build scene on top of a book.  I absolutely love the small details packed into the set.  I wish Lego carry on the same approach for GWP but at the same time I wish these are more widely available!  I hope ROW get news on when this will available soon =)

52 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

For whatever reason, Australia and New Zealand somehow got The Christmas Carol promo first via LEGO Certified Stores.  Rushed out to spend $199NZD just to get it.

Totally loves the idea on build scene on top of a book.  I absolutely love the small details packed into the set.  I wish Lego carry on the same approach for GWP but at the same time I wish these are more widely available!  I hope ROW get news on when this will available soon =)

Really, it’s available in Australia? When? Source?

Just a heads up on winter-themed sets, and while the current Mindstorms GWP + 2x VIP points are currently running at the same time.

40262 being sold at LEGO.com in Europe right now.

It's a 2017 set, but this might be the last chance to get it directly from LEGO, and would go well with Winter Village/Advent Calendar and 2020s Winter Snowball set.

40262.jpg?fit=bounds&format=webply&quali

Edited by TeriXeri