Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I don't think even finally seeing Diagon Alley gave me such a reaction when I saw the Christmas Carol. Sweet baby Jesus, that's a marvellous GWP. I always wandered if Lego would ever make a set based on this story, it's such a staple of Christmas but they already have the WV line and Scrooge's house would hardly fit in there. Making it a GWP was a brilliant idea! Can't wait to have it :wub_drool:

Personally don't like the use of Fleshy characters as a seasonal GWP, but I know it's based on a book/movie so I can see people will enjoy it, set itself looks nice.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I don't think even finally seeing Diagon Alley gave me such a reaction when I saw the Christmas Carol. Sweet baby Jesus, that's a marvellous GWP. I always wandered if Lego would ever make a set based on this story, it's such a staple of Christmas but they already have the WV line and Scrooge's house would hardly fit in there. Making it a GWP was a brilliant idea! Can't wait to have it :wub_drool:

It’s a really intense and detailed set I thought it was a smart MOC when I saw it first on Instagram ! 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:52 AM, legoboy3998 said:

Probably because re-releases greatly reduce the market for that set.  If you hope to sell 100,000 copies of a new set, if the first release sells 90,000, the re-release will probably only sell 10,000, unless it is a really highly sought after set.

I know Star Wars is different...but they do re-releases... updated to be a little better or different all the time.  In 20 years they have had 6 mini figure scale Falcons and 2 UCS Falcons... If they brought out a new post office..maybe do a different vehicle, different mini-figs and use new building techniques... I think alot of  people would get it who had the original, and EVERYONE who didn't would (that collect WV).  The problem with the other re release is it was 98 percent the same...  

21 hours ago, alsielou said:

Yes agreed! Why are they waiting so long to reveal the winter village set that is supposed to be for sale next week, but have revealed the batwing several weeks in advance?? I’m glad that TLG themselves leaked the picture of the clubhouse, otherwise, by now I think I would have been beside myself with worry that the winter village line had ended.

The other seasonal sets that have been discovered/leaked are really a step up from previous years; this GWP looks fantastic. Yes I am also concerned about trying to get the seasonal sets and GWP here in Australia. Stocks have been low and delivery heavily delayed all year. 

To be fair, Sat was officially recognized Batman Day.

9 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

To be fair, Sat was officially recognized Batman Day.

Oh. Ok, I see what’s happened here then.

Well at least it should be revealed either Monday or Tuesday, unless that VIP release date of September 23rd was a mistake too...

Can anyone help? I brought a Nightmare Before Xmas Jack off ebay and just wanted to double check he’s legit? It’s just that he partly came in a transparent sealed bag and then put inside a zip lock bag. Is this normal? His fabric cape thing and base plate were separate. I’ve brought the kids sealed minifigure blind bags In past and don’t believe I have ever seen Lego use transparent sealed bags inside the blind bag before. I just want to double check before it’s too late to take up with the seller/ eBay

54 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Can anyone help? I brought a Nightmare Before Xmas Jack off ebay and just wanted to double check he’s legit? It’s just that he partly came in a transparent sealed bag and then put inside a zip lock bag. Is this normal? His fabric cape thing and base plate were separate. I’ve brought the kids sealed minifigure blind bags In past and don’t believe I have ever seen Lego use transparent sealed bags inside the blind bag before. I just want to double check before it’s too late to take up with the seller/ eBay

The bag wasn't sealed? I get my minifigs from a reputable seller, but the ID'd ones they open and put in a ziplock bag to make sure you get the right one. So it is done, but not straight from Lego. 

59 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

All the collectible minifigures I bought (even from LEGO themselves) and which included a cape were in a sealed clear plastic bag inside the blind bag. Seems to be the normal procedure for minifigs with fabric elements.

Edited by Aurore

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The WV reveal has to be tomorrow 

There is no way it won't be 

how confident we still feeling !!! I was sure it would be today but starting to think it will not be !! I can't remember a more drawn out release , if we had not had the accidental leak from Lego itself I guess we would still be speculating was it even an Elves Clubhouse ??

Thank you!!! You’ve put my mind at ease. Phew ? 

Fingers crosses for a reveal tomorrow but at least we know we are going to have a new WV set coming. I think I would be stressing about now if we hadn’t seen that image. Love those brick built baubles especially the reindeer. The Xmas Carol book is also one to hopefully get!

I think I might be wanting to buy more than 1 of these sets. So cute and you can never have enough accommodation for all the elves living in the North Pole. Still don’t get why it’s 18+ but hey ho

It looks great, I can’t wait to add it to my village.  I wonder what or if there will be a new GWP on October 1st.  I don’t want it to sell out on me but I also don’t wanna buy it day one and then realize if I’d waited a week or so it’s still in stock and I could’ve gotten a really cool GWP

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/elf-club-house-10275

4 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

It looks great, I can’t wait to add it to my village.  I wonder what or if there will be a new GWP on October 1st.  I don’t want it to sell out on me but I also don’t wanna buy it day one and then realize if I’d waited a week or so it’s still in stock and I could’ve gotten a really cool GWP

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/elf-club-house-10275

There has been talk of Lego 40410 Christmas Carol GWP but don't know when it will become available.  October Lego calendar should be out in a few days and might shed some light on the issue. 

I'm surprised the Series 11 Holiday Elf was not included in the family picture tile

Was he fired? :oh:  Did he die? :sad:

-----

Anyway pretty cool set. I'm confused about the name "clubhouse". They are clearly working there. So this is just like an extension of Santa's Workshop

The play feature with the beds is hilarious

Do they not normally, like, announce these things? :laugh_hard:

It looks really nice! Love the interior, now that we’ve got to see it - there’s so much detail! Also love the oval shaped door, and the way the roof leans forward is awesome 

However, having seen the interior for a proper sense of scale... is it me, or is it a bit small? Considering it’s the same price as the Gingerbread House... or maybe I’m just thinking that because of the outside fenced off area?

Edited by sammy_zammy

4 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Today was the day after all ! 
wonder what next years will be :) 

I am basing my guess completely off the one reindeer.

It will be the reindeer barn at the North Pole.

There will be a Santa sleigh build with the most detailed sled yet to date.  There will be either four or eight reindeer in the set.  There will be a rein system to connect all of the reindeer and the sleigh.  The reins would have silver pieces to represent the bells.  The barn would naturally have slots for each reindeer, and possibly names above the stalls, especially if all eight are included.  Santa and perhaps a couple of elves will be included.  They might also have another North Pole build (as in the pole) itself.  That way, all of us who missed Santa's workshop get Santa, the sleigh, and the North Pole.  It would not make the Santa Workshop obsolete, because only those who bought that set have the actual workshop as well as Mrs. Clause.  

For the North Pole, it would be great if they did it in the Polar Express fashion.  Make a large tree build, and have the compass rose below it with every direction pointing South.  Yeah, I know, it will be a pole.  

So they probably should've called this the Elf Bunkhouse. Seems like that would be a more accurate description. I'll take it either way though =) The interior is really nice and I absolutely love the triple bunks. Still a little disappointed at the lack of different torsos and legs but I plan to mix in all my other elves anyway. The price point at $99 was predictable and seems fair enough given the reindeer mold accounts for a chunk of the budget. Just waiting to see when to purchase in order to get the Dickens GWP.

38 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I am basing my guess completely off the one reindeer.

It will be the reindeer barn at the North Pole.

There will be a Santa sleigh build with the most detailed sled yet to date.  There will be either four or eight reindeer in the set.  There will be a rein system to connect all of the reindeer and the sleigh.  The reins would have silver pieces to represent the bells.  The barn would naturally have slots for each reindeer, and possibly names above the stalls, especially if all eight are included.  Santa and perhaps a couple of elves will be included.  They might also have another North Pole build (as in the pole) itself.  That way, all of us who missed Santa's workshop get Santa, the sleigh, and the North Pole.  It would not make the Santa Workshop obsolete, because only those who bought that set have the actual workshop as well as Mrs. Clause.  

For the North Pole, it would be great if they did it in the Polar Express fashion.  Make a large tree build, and have the compass rose below it with every direction pointing South.  Yeah, I know, it will be a pole.  

You have put way too much thought into that .... and I like it ! I guess the new reindeer esque fig will have another outing in the coming years ... I feel this is the future for this line light hearted jovial with a fantasy theme ...!?

My only criticism would be the beds / bunks are a little austere could have been built up a bit more ..