Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

4 minutes ago, mscott71 said:

"I already have way too many Santas" was the deciding factor in my not bothering with the lackluster City Advent Calendar this year so I'm just as happy there's no Santa in the set. ;)

I went with the Star Wars advent this year for that exact reason. Plus the sweater prints are amazing!

On the positive I think the build looks really nice, and from I can tell, it can be easily transformed in a "city" winter village set, just by replacing the minifigures. 

From the minifigure selection, an updated Mrs Claus could have been nice. 

I actually really like the starry night sky background on the 18+ style box. Then again, I like the Haunted House box too. And the Mos Eisley one. And all the other black background ones. They really put the emphasis on the set. I much prefer them to overly busy boxes like the Hidden Side ones, where you can barely tell what you're buying.

I do hope there's another way to get more reindeer. 1 lonely one is just sad!

am I right in saying that there's the light brick warning on the front of the box ?

I actually really like it 

I've just brought two Harry Potter stag patronus's off eBay to add as ice sculptures but I think my wife (who's in charge of the village) will use this as a Santa meet and greet and they make great Q entrance statues

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

am I right in saying that there's the light brick warning on the front of the box ?

I saw that too, I think you're right.

At first impressions, I really like the building.  I love the shape - really looks proper northern European, with that super steep roof that is needed for heavy snow fall.  I really like the rounded wooden door, decorative windows and colour scheme.  The tree is a good size for this building and I love to have endless Christmas trees within my winter village so I am happy with this side build, and I like the new design.  The little sleigh with the reindeer is cute too and a nice touch.  I love the reindeer.  I still love the brick built reindeers from Santa's workshop, and in fact I had bricklinked extra of those reindeers.  That doesn't matter to me, I will put them apart from each other within my layout.  I really like the telescope, that's a fun addition.  Ideally my village is set before computers exist so I may leave the computer out.

It remains to be seen what is inside the building.  Perhaps a lounge / games room and a dining room?  If so then this building will be so easy to repurpose to a traditional village building guest house.

I am disappointed that the elves look so similar.  Maybe there are actually two slightly different prints on the torsos, but I would have preferred them to be in different outfits, like they are in Santa's workshop.  It looks odd to have some in uniform and the rest not in uniform.  And I have been hanging out for years for some knitted Christmas jumpers / sweaters, I really thought there would one day be one in a Winter Village set.  There are minidolls with Christmas sweaters (from the Friends advent calendars a few years back) - why not minifigures?!?  Fingers crossed that the special Christmas gwp will be some exclusive minifigures.  But the disappointment over the elves isn't a big deal.  I love the set and look forward to the official reveal.

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

30576 Christmas Tree:

I don't like it and imo it fits in style not for the WV but more as a standalone. Because of the packaging I bet it'll be some 4 Euro set to buy and no GWP since in the last years the Christmas GWPs were always much bigger and their design much more elaborated plus they were packed in boxes with the typical red "limited + year" sign on it.

10275 Elf Club House:

Til now we only can judge the exterior, but ...

What I dislike:

• four equal torsos
  • only elves and no "normal" minifigures
  • again fantasy stuff set instead of something located in the village itself
  • window (instead of door) to the balcony
  • door is round
  • only one deer - and this one can't move its head
  • very small sled

What I like:

• new architectual design with the to upstairs sloped roof and the side parts add to the building - and (in contrast to last year's Gingerbread House) it goes well with the most other WV houses we've gotten so far
  • new deer mould
  • new design of the Christmas tree
  • new design for the old computer
  • a lot of accessory
  • design of the small sled

All in all I'm really looking forward to this set, but at the same moment I'm hoping that next year we'll see a realistic shop to add to the center of WV.

Btw: Has someone an idea where the chimney is attached to the building (I mean the stable is for sure as deep as the building)? Or will it stand seperately (which wouldn't make much sense I think)?

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:35 AM, adwind said:

Same thoughts here. Set up with typing machine and candle would be so much better. 

Still, it's fair to say that other side builds are great, especially the ship and the reindeer.

Love the new set I like it when lego go more fairytale than real life as in elves and gingerbread men. When I've bought this set I will have every winter village set except the little market one and might treat myself to that when I get my share money through 

13 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Still, it's fair to say that other side builds are great, especially the ship and the reindeer.

Agree, overall it's an "A" mark :) Can't wait to see what's inside 

2 hours ago, adwind said:

Agree, overall it's an "A" mark :) Can't wait to see what's inside 

Although not an A+...

I also supported your projects!

Edited by JintaiZ

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Although not an A+...

I also supported your projects!

oh I appreciate it! :)

46 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

When will we get a press release and finally a look at those interior details ...?

Based on nothing more than past history I'm guessing we'll get a press release this Saturday, Sept 12. They just announced Mos Eisley so they'll want to give that room to breathe. Friday is Sept 11 and there is no way they announce anything then. Saturday makes the most sense although Sunday is possible, too. The Fire House in 2018 was officially revealed on a Sunday. This will probably be on sale to VIPs sometime next week.

The leaked photo from the Korean website has the date 9/23. I guess this is the date when the set will be available for VIP members. Official announcement of the set usually comes within a week before that date.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:54 PM, Blackpool said:

I went with the Star Wars advent this year for that exact reason. Plus the sweater prints are amazing!

I think the sweater prints in the SW calendar are just as good, if not better, for a City setting. Perfect for a SW fan celebrating Christmas.

6 hours ago, CoNSpiracy said:

The leaked photo from the Korean website has the date 9/23. I guess this is the date when the set will be available for VIP members. Official announcement of the set usually comes within a week before that date.

Sept 23 would be quite late for VIP given recent history but I guess we'll find out soon.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:21 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh yeah? What have you put around it? I got it in about April 2018, right after the Downtown Diner was revealed, and resolved to match the aesthetic by putting the DO and DD right next to each other. But more important things kept coming up and I kept putting it off and . . well, there’s been an empty lot labelled ‘Reserved for Downtown Diner’ to the left of the Detective’s Office for more than two years now. 

I have mine next to the Fire Brigade.  Buildings match in height and the DO being a little smaller scaled looks correct.  Thought the Fire Fighters might like to shoot some pool after hours. 

Regarding the leaked pictures of the new Elf Club house, like this one better then last years Ginger Bread house.  Due to COVID and general issues around the world planning on picking them both up this year!

Where in the world is the official reveal of the Elf Clubhouse?  Are they going to wait for next Monday, and then release it on the 23rd?

27 minutes ago, Arstotle said:

Where in the world is the official reveal of the Elf Clubhouse?  Are they going to wait for next Monday, and then release it on the 23rd?

yes slightly surprised it didn't drop today, this Wednesday would be a week before VIP release so maybe then ..?

On 9/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, CDM said:

Based on nothing more than past history I'm guessing we'll get a press release this Saturday, Sept 12. They just announced Mos Eisley so they'll want to give that room to breathe. Friday is Sept 11 and there is no way they announce anything then. Saturday makes the most sense although Sunday is possible, too. The Fire House in 2018 was officially revealed on a Sunday. This will probably be on sale to VIPs sometime next week.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

The Korean image must be the global date. Seems late but there also seems like quite a few big ticket / high interest sets being announced all at the same time. Mos Eisley, Harry Potter, Bat Wing (presumably 9/19), Sesame Street Ideas (TBD), and to a lesser extent, Levis collaboration. A lot to cram in before the holidays.

I really wish Lego would re-release the Bakery and Post Office sets. 

Do a re-release alongside a new release like the elf clubhouse.

8 hours ago, Virdenemt said:

I really wish Lego would re-release the Bakery and Post Office sets. 

Do a re-release alongside a new release like the elf clubhouse.

I'd love that too! Prices on secondary market are way above reason...