Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Huh. That actually looks pretty good. Definitely an improvement on the Gingerbread House. Another tree, yawn, but I like the reindeer! Assuming it’s priced well, then yes, I’ll probably get this one.

Box art is atrocious, though. I personally don’t much care, but box collectors have my sympathy.

Thanks Robert8!!!
Love what I can see and have to say that Xmas tree looks awesome! Is it made with Lego Dots? Bravo Lego, bravo 

Why are people so cut up over box art being in black? Not a moan, just curious. Was in Smyths other day and me n the other half thought the black boxes made the Lego sets a lot more appealing but this doesn’t seem to be the case to a lot of Lego fans and just wondered why?

Ok now I’m scratching my head as to why it’s an 18+ set? Seems an odd target age especially seeing as Lego targeted families over the last couple years with this theme and its elves??? Or are they drunk elves ?If we turn the set around we will see elves having far too much fun inside their clubhouse

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Do the elves have a hip attachment? 

Is that TLBM utility belt?

I can see why you’d think that, but looking at the Promobricks pictures one of the elves has a scarf part which goes ‘over’ the belt, so I’m pretty sure it’s just printed.

41 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Ok now I’m scratching my head as to why it’s an 18+ set?

It's a sweatshop, not a clubhouse. And those aren't elves, they're small, enslaved children!

1 hour ago, Dennis2nd said:

Promobricks shows it. Hope it is ok to post the. link. here.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-10275-elf-club-house-winter-village/108150/

It's okay, as long as we are not posting them here directly.

I do believe it was revealed prematurely that's why it was pulled out.

Thanks @Robert8 for removing, as requested.

It's interesting because as i have predicted in my Harry Potter Patronus review, the stag will surely appear in another set such as Winter Village or City. And so it appears here.

Now that they have actual reindeer I would love for them to do Santa's Sled with all 8 (or 9) Reindeer.  Not as a WV set, just as a holiday set in general.... Heck, I'd even be OK with a four reindeer set, would just have to buy two of them....  But anyhow, Glad to add some to Santa's Northpole, can't wait to set up the village this year!  

1 minute ago, Celtchief said:

Now that they have actual reindeer I would love for them to do Santa's Sled with all 8 (or 9) Reindeer.  Not as a WV set, just as a holiday set in general.... Heck, I'd even be OK with a four reindeer set, would just have to buy two of them.

We would all love that, but I think 2 is the best we can hope for in a set :sceptic: At least there is B&P so we can make our own flock now, however that will cost us for sure :wacko:

I actually like it way more than I thought I would, considering the subject matter. The elves will probably have to go, but the house itself is quite nice, I like the coloulor choices and the new (?) string light design. And the sled and reindeer will be perfect for a "meet santa" set up at the Christmas market. 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

We would all love that, but I think 2 is the best we can hope for in a set :sceptic: At least there is B&P so we can make our own flock now, however that will cost us for sure :wacko:

Are they likely to be on Bricks and Pieces you think?

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

It's a sweatshop, not a clubhouse. And those aren't elves, they're small, enslaved children!

Or a strip club. Elves getting merry on Harry Potters Butterbeer whilst pole dancers swing around candy canes. There’s even a game of poker going on in the back room ? 

34 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Or a strip club. Elves getting merry on Harry Potters Butterbeer whilst pole dancers swing around candy canes. There’s even a game of poker going on in the back room ? 

May need to get a second just to do this, looks perfect on the outside, on the inside, it's a strip club xD

I do really like it, it certainly looks to fit in more with the original feel to the winter Village theme than the previous couple of years, but, something still feels kinda distant about it still and it feels like it's slowly making me lose interest in it :(

Don't get me wrong, love this set for what it is, will definitely get it. It almost feels like whoever was in charge of Winter Village set designs, quit... someone else took over and has taken it down a different path to what it started out as... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

40 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Are they likely to be on Bricks and Pieces you think?

Yes since there is not a licensed set that should be no problem :wink: I might take some time before they get them in stock, but if you follow this thread you will know :

40 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

May need to get a second just to do this, looks perfect on the outside, on the inside, it's a strip club xD

I do really like it, it certainly looks to fit in more with the original feel to the winter Village theme than the previous couple of years, but, something still feels kinda distant about it still and it feels like it's slowly making me lose interest in it :(

Don't get me wrong, love this set for what it is, will definitely get it. It almost feels like whoever was in charge of Winter Village set designs, quit... someone else took over and has taken it down a different path to what it started out as... 

Yes I agree! The first 3 sets go hand in hand, then came the cabin and while that was a fantastic set is was not in the same style and scale as the 3 first. After that it went all over the place with great sets, but not in the same style as the 3 first. It is almost like we got 3 modular buildings and then the next one out was Ninjago City!
Personally I would have preferred if they stayed with the style of the 3 first so I have stopped collecting them now, I hope that we will see more expansions to DA in the future so I can start collecting some buildings in the same size that go better together instead :shrug_oh_well:

I like the set and I like the new reindeer mold BUT I'm sad since I have no idea what to do with reindeer from Santa's Workshop now... Obviously you have to chose whether you want to keep all brick built or swap to this new mold? Swapping will probably cost a lot. Probably won't getting this set this year maybe just some fun accessories and lil' builds from here since I anyway wanted to expand the Workshop dramatically. As I said beautiful design though! Probably the first one I like since the year of Santa's Workshop. 

Edited by adwind

I still feel like the entire concept of an Elf Clubhouse is out of left field, but I can't help but enjoy the overall design.

I feel like the inclusion of the big computer as one of the side builds is a bit odd... 

1 minute ago, thenightman89 said:

I still feel like the entire concept of an Elf Clubhouse is out of left field, but I can't help but enjoy the overall design.

I feel like the inclusion of the big computer as one of the side builds is a bit odd... 

Same thoughts here. Set up with typing machine and candle would be so much better. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do the elves have a hip attachment? 

Is that TLBM utility belt?

I agree with Fenghuang0296 that the belt looks like it is part of the torso print. At first sight I actually thought the torso was the same as for the Collectible Minifigures series 11 Holiday Elf, but after a closer look I think it is slightly different with the belt print on the new torso being more straight.

Altogether I think the set looks good. It will fit nicely with Santa's Workshop. Great colour scheme and style, although I am not a big fan of the very high pitch of the roof (same as on the Gingerbread House), but I think it can be justified to some extent as it is part of the overall fantasy look. I can't really be bothered about the change of the style of box art!!

I do, however, agree that it can be difficult to see the thread of consistency in the WV sets over the years, with the three first ones and the train, the train station and the fire station all being very town-like sets, and the same for the cottage although not in scale with the other houses, and then Santa's workshop, the gingerbread house and now the elf club house going in other directions. Anyway, I just happy that Lego continues the WV line year after year, and all of the sets are indeed very Christmas'sy and are all great for display in the house throughout December.

Partly due to the fact that I was growing out of room on my display table, I decided last year to have two separate displays: a WV town display, and a "Fantasy Land" display, the latter containing Santa's Workshop (with set 40106 Toy Workshop add-on etc.), the Gingerbread House (also with set 40139) and some other "fantasy" elements such as minifigs etc. from various Lego Star Wars advent calendars, a MOC scene from Frozen and a MOC winter Disney scene. The Elf Club House will be this year's addition to my "WV Fantasy Land" display, together with a MOD of the Home Alone IDEAS set when it is released.

One thing I don't like about the Elf Club House set is that it doesn't seem to include "replacement elves" for those of us who live in countries where Santa's helpers are certainly not elves in green clothes but rather pixies in red and grey clothes!! But I have bought some extra red hats (part 13787pb02), red pixie-like torsos (part 973pb0849c01) and short legs in LBG and DBG for this purpose...

EDIT: I also agree that the computer is a bit misplaced in this set! The WV sets all have a vibe of "good o'le days" (mid-20th century-ish), so from before computers were invented... But perhaps elves were just way ahead of time - and again, this will be part of my "WV Fantasy Land" display (together with Star Wars!) so I can accept that the boundaries are more relaxed than in my WV classic town display!

Edited by CoNSpiracy

I like the overall design. Tudor-esque and will fit nicely with the other buildings in the series. I'm fine with the subject matter and it can be adapted to fit your village if it's more of a "serious village" setup, similarly to the gingerbread house. I'm not really into the string of lights with the comically large bulbs but I'll reserve final judgement for when the official images drop. Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit on the small side?

1 hour ago, Flippi01 said:

any news on what the inside is like any details ..

You mean other than the rumours above in this thread about adult scenes in order to explain the 18+ age recommendation? :-) No, there is only one leaked photo at the moment, showing the front of the box and the built set next to it from the front.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I'm not really into the string of lights with the comically large bulbs but I'll reserve final judgement for when the official images drop. Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit on the small side?

I actually like the large light bulbs as a new fresh alternative to the "traditional" chains of light bulbs from the cottage and the bakery etc. I do agree with you that it would have been great if the set had included one bigger side-element in addition to the Christmas tree, sleigh, computer and the presents - like the ice skating rinks that came with the bakery and fire station, the igloo that came with the cottage and the pavilion that came with the post office.

Edited by CoNSpiracy

Initial thoughts - I actually like this set a lot more than I was expecting. 

- I think it will fit in quite well with Santa's workshop and the small elf shed from years past. I may even decide to remove all of the fantasy buildings and create a second winter village with them now that there's 3 buildings to work with

- The architecture of the build fits in quite well with all of the other sloped roofs. I know some people are probably sick of them but I think the consistency helps in a large layout.

- The reindeer mold looks great as we saw when it leaked earlier and even though it only includes 1, it should open up the option to buy more on bricks and pieces or bricklink

- I know I'm in the minority but the black box isn't a problem for me. They are actually beginning to grow on me

- I wish they would have included red hats on the elves just for variety sake

- I could have done without another tree build....wish they would have used that piece count on a different side build or another reindeer

Overall I'm pleased with this set based on initial evaluation. I would have preferred a more standard village building (town hall etc.) but I guess that just leaves something else to look forward too next year.

Not sure what you guys are talking about, you don't think that the eternal darkness of the black AFOL box just screams Christmas cheer? :tongue:

Build looks great. As others have said the sled with reindeer is beautiful, the color is excellent, the roof is well built, and the tree looks pretty good and sizable albeit over decorated (a good problem to have compared to some trees found in polybags and Advent Calendars though).

The elves are plain but I think that is fine. It would be nice to get the hat and torsos in regular green as opposed to the bright version. Love that one has a red scarf. Santa might have made the minifigure selection a little better but I understand the decision to leave him out, no one wants the boss around when its time to goof off.

My biggest gripe is that judging by the piece count the price will be at least $100 while it looks like an $80 build at most.

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Santa might have made the minifigure selection a little better but I understand the decision to leave him out, no one wants the boss around when its time to goof off.

"I already have way too many Santas" was the deciding factor in my not bothering with the lackluster City Advent Calendar this year so I'm just as happy there's no Santa in the set. ;)