Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Yellowturnip said:

Can I be a pain and also ask what the Halloween set is? I have the Monsters Haunted House which I make up for Halloween with some cmf trick or treaters and was hoping to add a bit more to the scene. Thanks

40423 Halloween Hayride. I'm going to add the tractor to my winter village i think

1 hour ago, Yellowturnip said:

Can I be a pain and also ask what the Halloween set is? 

2020 | Halloween | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

Love those hay bales.

I always wonder why farm lego sets are so few and far between, while police stations are dime a dozen (but I digress...).

So happy they are doing seasonal vignettes instead of more BrickHeadz.

5 hours ago, Blackpool said:

40423 Halloween Hayride. I'm going to add the tractor to my winter village i think

Me too. I actually really love this tractor. It needs to be carrying some Christmas trees!!

Cheers Blackpool and Robert8 for that. Will this be available in the uk? It says USA/ Canada. Don’t want to get my hopes up. That tractor is super cute! I presume those are stickers and not printed bricks? I wish Lego would make a sticker application thingy me bob machine. I’m thinking ? Lego technic bricks and some Gaffa tape. Not sure what you would use the Gaffa tape for, but I feel it always comes in use ? 

I have spotted both the Halloween and Winter sets at LEGO stores here in Australia recently so they are definitely not US/CA-only.

23 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I have spotted both the Halloween and Winter sets at LEGO stores here in Australia recently so they are definitely not US/CA-only.

Lucky you, getting to go to the LEGO store . . in Victoria we’re still under quarantine . .

On 8/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Lucky you, getting to go to the LEGO store . . in Victoria we’re still under quarantine . .

I wish we had a LEGO store! :'(

Too bad neither of the 2 seasonal vignette sets (Halloween and Winter) are even for sale (yet?) on the European LEGO.com site.

Does the set number some justice , 404 not found, 40423 + 40424.

Edited by TeriXeri

29 minutes ago, CDM said:

It looks like we can expect a Christmas tree polybag 30576 that includes a medium sized decorated tree and two gift packages. Nothing mindblowing but could be good WV filler. Unsure of retailer or if GWP.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/kids/sets/creator/-holiday-tree-7ef6060f2ca81e2b7361b2897425ee2d

Another christmas tree? How original

9 hours ago, Paul van Nuil said:

Another christmas tree? How original

Well, for collectors sure, but you have to remember Lego is also targeting 9 year olds who might think its cool to buy a Christmas Tree with their allowance, or parents who don't collect winter village sets but think this will be a good stocking stuffer, or people just starting a brand new Winter Village.  

11 hours ago, Celtchief said:

Well, for collectors sure, but you have to remember Lego is also targeting 9 year olds who might think its cool to buy a Christmas Tree with their allowance, or parents who don't collect winter village sets but think this will be a good stocking stuffer, or people just starting a brand new Winter Village.  

Right. It's the same reason we see new City police and fire stations every 2-3 years. The tree isn't perfect but it's of above average design IMO. I might pick it up if I come across it at Target.

For a Polybag that Tree doesn't look bad, more interesting pieces compared to the 2019 Santa build imo.

At least they went for a somewhat different design using inverted slopes now.

Also clever use of the helicopter rotor piece as the stand.

Edited by TeriXeri

Leaked!

It's the new awful boxart of the Haunted House! :sick:

How can that be a holiday themed set with an all black box? 

It only includes one reindeer, which is bad

And the minifigures feel really monotonous, just like last year. But with the gingerbread house I get it. Here..... hmmm I don't know.... I feel like a couple of the elves could be red 

27 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Leaked!

It's the new awful boxart of the Haunted House! :sick:

How can that be a holiday themed set with an all black box? 

It only includes one reindeer, which is bad

And the minifigures feel really monotonous, just like last year. But with the gingerbread house I get it. Here..... hmmm I don't know.... I feel like a couple of the elves could be red 

I love the look of the set, the computer looks great. The building is a cool shape & looks to have some nice details  a bit of a shame we only get one reindeer, but understandable. 

I agree & disagree with you on the elves front. From an AFOL point of view, some different prints would be nice, but on the other hand elves generally dress the same. A red hat or two would be fun, but that would ruin the exclusivity of it in the BaM tower(although I think it was a keychain as well...).

The box says something like 1190 pieces, but it doesn't look like a $120 set to me.  In terms of "volume of stuff", it looks like $90 or so.  In general, I don't mind it when Lego buildings aren't fully enclosed, as long as they still seem like they have some reasonable depth to them such that they don't just look like a wall.  Unfortunately, this elf clubhouse is more of the incomplete facade than the half-building-with-depth that I like.   Maybe it's just because the pitch of the roof is so steep that it feels unbalanced in a way a building with a flatter roof doesn't when presented with the same wall depth.  But I don't generally buy Winter Village sets anyway, so I'm happy to wait for more pictures before sounding off too much.

Love the inclusion of the reindeer, but I think the building itself looks very samey of everything that’s come before in the Winter Village. Maybe I’m just over pitched roofs...

The Elf Clubhouse looks great!

I love the design of the building with the steep pitched roof. I agree with everyone about the inclusion of only one reindeer.  

Edited by Slave2Leia

It's amazing how much the black box ruins the appearance of the set. Set looks nice, but now I see why people on the Harry Potter page were worried Diagon Alley was going to come with the black box. I don't care much personally as I don't keep boxes, but sure does downgrade the look of the set. Well, the Mrs is sorted for Christmas now! :-D

1 hour ago, icm said:

The box says something like 1190 pieces, but it doesn't look like a $120 set to me.  In terms of "volume of stuff", it looks like $90 or so.  In general, I don't mind it when Lego buildings aren't fully enclosed, as long as they still seem like they have some reasonable depth to them such that they don't just look like a wall.  Unfortunately, this elf clubhouse is more of the incomplete facade than the half-building-with-depth that I like.   Maybe it's just because the pitch of the roof is so steep that it feels unbalanced in a way a building with a flatter roof doesn't when presented with the same wall depth.  But I don't generally buy Winter Village sets anyway, so I'm happy to wait for more pictures before sounding off too much.

Just checked & last year’s Gingerbread House had 1477 pieces at $99. When I first saw this set, it looks like a $99 set to me. But, that could be my wallet’s hopeful whispering in my ear. :tongue: In fact, most of the $99 sets had more pieces than this one does. The train had dramatically less, for obvious reasons. 

Do the elves have a hip attachment? 

Is that TLBM utility belt?

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

We can post the pictures here because it was revealed by TLG themselves

I cannot find the source... It seems to have been removed. Can you please remove the picture or share the source pls?