Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

A regular version of the stag patronus version has leaked.

At this point the Vinter Village set is the only one that makes sense for it

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Now that does sound interesting. Do we think that would be more likely to be used in a ‘fantasy’ set such as an Elf Clubhouse? Or could it come with a realistic village building, say as a side build where the kids can line up for a reindeer sleigh ride. How cute would that be?

I was disappointed at the rumour of an Elf Clubhouse as that sounds a bit silly to me and I would much prefer a village building, but I’ve realised that in reality I will probably enjoy it anyway, because - Christmas Lego. I have already got a separate space for the gingerbread house and Santa’s workshop so it would just go with those. 

I have to agree that the whole concept of an "Elf Clubhouse" is a bit strange and not an established part of winter holiday lore (near as I'm aware).  But I'll try to reserve judgment until I see what exactly it is.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Finally should have made a reindeer mould in 2014 for 10245 Santa's Workshop :facepalm:

9 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

I have to agree that the whole concept of an "Elf Clubhouse" is a bit strange and not an established part of winter holiday lore (near as I'm aware).  But I'll try to reserve judgment until I see what exactly it is.

I'm optimistic. I remember a lot of skepticism before the Firehouse set leaked and then again (to a greater degree IIRC) last year before the Gingerbread House leaked. Both ended up being great sets and it seemed like the majority were satisfied.

15 minutes ago, WinterVillager said:

Uggh, how many of these sets am I going to need to get to get 8 reindeer... probably 4?

Hopefully we'll be able to get the from Lego bricks and pieces since its (hopefully not) licensed. Otherwise, there is always BrickLink. 

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Last year I used the stag Patronus itself in my Winter Village, as ice sculptures.

An elf clubhouse is pretty far outside the standard iconography, but then again a fire station isn't usually part of small-town Christmas "lore" the way the other WV sets had been, and no one seemed to mind.

Edited by Karalora

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Source?

28 minutes ago, CoNSpiracy said:

Source?

Here it is

17 hours ago, toydad2 said:

figured HP repaint was coming

deer.JPG

Thanks for the news! :classic:

It's a pity that TLG didn't include in the deer a hinge for the head to go up and down (like in the bear or panther moulds). Apart from that the deer it looks brilliant!

Since there'll be minimum one deer included in the Elf Workshop, I bet that the set will not only include the elf workshop itself but a small barn for the deer.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter
forgot one word

Don't you think the deer will go with a side build as part of the Elf Clubhouse (ie Barn and/or sleigh)? There had better be at least 2-3 deer in the set. 4 would be ideal.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Robert8 said:

I was just thinking about this while shopping yesterday when I saw the set and remembered my rush to get it when it was released.  I really hope they make purchasing a set of them feasible/ affordable. 

14 hours ago, Karalora said:

Last year I used the stag Patronus itself in my Winter Village, as ice sculptures.

I did the exact same. I just picked up the new HP set 75966 Room of Requirement for a couple of additional "ice" animals. It also happens to have great pieces to build other WV buildings with

Edited by Blackpool

5 minutes ago, Blackpool said:

I did the exact same. I just picked up the new HP set 75966 Room of Requirement for a couple of additional "ice" animals. It also happens to have great pieces to build other WV buildings with

I skipped Expecto Patronum because it seemed a bit redundant, with boring builds, and I was holding out hope for an OotP Ministry set with a version of Sirius Black that isn’t for whatever reason still wearing prison stripes. (Plus, what would I do with two Dementors in my city?) Though now that I’ve set up the Room of Requirement, it does look a bit empty with just Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, the Death Eater dummy and the two small Patronuses. Would you (or anyone who wants to weigh in) recommend it?

On 8/14/2020 at 12:50 AM, Robert8 said:

Why? As an animal it makes sense in many different setting, something City related for example. It would fit well in a Christmas set of course, but not exclusively at all.

17 hours ago, Karalora said:

An elf clubhouse is pretty far outside the standard iconography, but then again a fire station isn't usually part of small-town Christmas "lore" the way the other WV sets had been, and no one seemed to mind.

I still wonder if something was lost in translation, because Elf clubhouse does sound odd

7 hours ago, WinterVillager said:

Don't you think the deer will go with a side build as part of the Elf Clubhouse (ie Barn and/or sleigh)? There had better be at least 2-3 deer in the set. 4 would be ideal.

A barn is the first thought that came to my mind, with an elf or two tending to the reindeer, similar to the small shed in the Cottage.

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I skipped Expecto Patronum because it seemed a bit redundant, with boring builds, and I was holding out hope for an OotP Ministry set with a version of Sirius Black that isn’t for whatever reason still wearing prison stripes. (Plus, what would I do with two Dementors in my city?) Though now that I’ve set up the Room of Requirement, it does look a bit empty with just Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, the Death Eater dummy and the two small Patronuses. Would you (or anyone who wants to weigh in) recommend it?

I highly recommend Expecto Patronum. For starters, of course the patronus. As for two Dementors in your city, that’s too few. :tongue: They’re usually seen in packs, so the more, the merrier. 

13 hours ago, WinterVillager said:

There had better be at least 2-3 deer in the set. 4 would be ideal.

Definitely, but this is Lego and not Playmobil and they are a lot more stingy with the animals unfortunately :sceptic: However we can hope for more than one :wink:

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As for two Dementors in your city, that’s too few. :tongue: They’re usually seen in packs, so the more, the merrier. 

:laugh:

On 8/15/2020 at 12:30 AM, WinterVillager said:

Yes, absolutely. I forgot the word "only" - thanks.

Of courdse it would make sense that the set includes the elf clubhouse and a small barn. If so, I' curious about how big the set will be in total - maybe something similar to the Cottage?

what if there's been something lost in translation ??? there's a picture of Santa riding the leaked reindeer so what if the set is actually a Santas grotto type set ???

It could be a winter wonderland type set  with a petting area (rain deer) and a Santas meet and greet hut as well as maybe some coffee stands etc along the same vain as the winter market lots of little builds 

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

what if there's been something lost in translation ??? there's a picture of Santa riding the leaked reindeer so what if the set is actually a Santas grotto type set ???

It could be a winter wonderland type set  with a petting area (rain deer) and a Santas meet and greet hut as well as maybe some coffee stands etc along the same vain as the winter market lots of little builds 

I was thinking... maybe this could be like a Santa's Village themed park or something. Santa's grotto, a cafeteria, a corral for the reindeers and maybe even a small ride

Edited by Robert8

On 8/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thanks for the news! :classic:

It's a pity that TLG didn't include in the deer a hinge for the head to go up and down (like in the bear or panther moulds). Apart from that the deer it looks brilliant!

Since there'll be minimum one deer included in the Elf Workshop, I bet that the set will not only include the elf workshop itself but a small barn for the deer.

It's also a pity the antlers aren't separate pieces, or you could have does and bucks from the same mold.