Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I wonder if those Winter Village sets will fall under the 18+ line, as the sets have been labeled 12+, where most other Creator Expert sets were 16+.

Maybe they'll just get a new branding/box art style and remain at 12+, but nothing has confirmed that the Creator Expert label would be gone completely.

Old Trafford used the 18+ font, but was a Creator Expert set and 16+

Still, if the branding changes to something like "Winter Village Collection" I doubt a re-release would happen.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if those Winter Village sets will fall under the 18+ line, as the sets have been labeled 12+, where most other Creator Expert sets were 16+.

Maybe they'll just get a new branding/box art style and remain at 12+, but nothing has confirmed that the Creator Expert label would be gone completely.....

LEGO announced that the Creator Expert badge was retired when10273 Haunted House was released.

26 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

LEGO announced that the Creator Expert badge was retired when10273 Haunted House was released.

Ok, missed that.

I was speaking to another AFOL who has some knowledge of upcoming sets and showed me a copy of text communication from earlier in the year outlining sets that would be released throughout the year that did occur.  Set 10275 is an Elf Clubhouse

Elf Clubhouse?  Really?  Another mythology set?  I'll be curious to see it (and will certainly buy it), but I was hoping for a new "real world" set this year.  

On a related topic, I would pay money for holiday GWP's to go back to being small sets that fit in the WV.  The snowglobe, nutcracker, Christmas tree and mini GBH's have been nice, but I miss those little 100 piece sets that add to the overall village.

4 hours ago, VanIslandLego said:

I was speaking to another AFOL who has some knowledge of upcoming sets and showed me a copy of text communication from earlier in the year outlining sets that would be released throughout the year that did occur.  Set 10275 is an Elf Clubhouse

I have been eagerly waiting to hear any news on this year's WV set, so thanks a lot for sharing this rumour. Interesting, indeed... I could see an Elf Clubhouse set fit nicely together with 10245 Santa's Workshop. However, this time I hope that the set is provided with some items of part No. 13787pb02 as extra parts, which can be used when building the set in replacement for part 13787pb01. In Northern Europe, where I live, Santa's helpers are not elves in green clothing but instead pixies with a red hat.

1 hour ago, Arstotle said:

On a related topic, I would pay money for holiday GWP's to go back to being small sets that fit in the WV.  The snowglobe, nutcracker, Christmas tree and mini GBH's have been nice, but I miss those little 100 piece sets that add to the overall village.

I agree. But maybe TLG believes that the non-VW related limited edition GWPs generate more sale in general, if they are "generic" and appeal more broadly to other people shopping for Lego around Christmas time than "just" the VW (or City) buyers.

If it's Elf related could be fun, minifig Santa Elf just look so much better compared to those weird 2020 Friends Calendar "Microdolls".

Also, I said this before, about 2 months ago, but from me, it was a random guess from the 2020 keychain, showing the Elf parts are still being manufactured.

Red Elf hat would also be a different color, that made me wonder even more.

The part is on bricklink, but it hasn't appeared in sets :https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=13787pb02

13787pb02.png

854041-1.jpg?202006060907

Also quite fun that in the Dutch/Belgium LEGO Masters, some builds did use "Kabouters" putting red cones on minifigure heads.

Red pointy hats would make great use for Kabouters based on Rien Poortvliet's book, or the Television cartoon "David de Kabouter" / (David the Gnome) popular in the 80s/90s.

Add a white beard, blue torso , and some dual-molded legs for boots.

Edited by TeriXeri

I was hoping for something non-fantasy related but an elf clubhouse sounds kinda fun. It would be a nice addition to Santa's workshop which always seemed a little skimpy to me anyway. It also might work well with the little elf shed that was a gift with purchase a few years ago.

24 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

What is meant by an Elf Clubhouse? Lol, sorry, I’m probably being dumb

Maybe the idea came from the Northpole.com website, which has an Elf Clubhouse page, which says "This is the place all the elves come to rest, relax and play games after a hard day’s work making toys. "

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Maybe the idea came from the Northpole.com website, which has an Elf Clubhouse page, which says "This is the place all the elves come to rest, relax and play games after a hard day’s work making toys. "

Ah I see,  Thanks! I think this could be a really cute idea, something a bit different and also something to go with Santa’s Workshop in the fantasy area of my village. It also allows putting only a part of the village on display but still having a proper fleshed our display. I like it!

I think an elf clubhouse could offer some fun, non-traditional architecture and I agree that it would seem to naturally pair up with the Santa set, as well as the elf GWP from that year.  I guess I do think that the idea is fun, and could be a really great set...I'm just itching to flesh out the actual town a little bit more.  

I enjoy the fantasy part of Christmas a lot and loves the Gingerbread house.  I will be pleased as punch if they release an Elfin "Clubhouse", but I am wary, I feel like releasing two fantasy sets in a row seems risky..but then again, maybe that Santa's workshop sold very well and they are trying to build on that.  

Cheers

I'm afraid the Winter Village set could come with those named characters that are now all over the City line

The most recent City set revealed features the mayor wearing the Corn Cob Costume :look:

On 8/5/2020 at 4:40 PM, Brickthrower said:

I for one wouldn't mind if they re release the cottage

Yes, I am missing that one to.    Love the truck and the igloo!!!

Only a few more weeks until we get a glimpse. Elf clubhouse seems intriguing...might go well with the elf toyshop GWP from a few years ago. For those not into the fantasy aspect to it, maybe it can be adapted to something more realistic without much effort. I thought the Gingerbread house could have easily been a festive tudor by just omitting the minifigs. At any rate, looking forward to the announcement.

I'll be curious to see if we find out about this years winter village set first or the Harry potter D2C (rumored diagon alley). I'm actually holding some hope that it might actually fit in with the winter village. I know some people use some of the buildings from the old diagon alley set in their winter village.

Thanks for the information, @VanIslandLego! :classic:

I wish this was fake - it's really disappointing that there'll be another fantasy themed building! Why can't we simply get a nice building to add to the inner city of WV like a candy shop, a grocery, a winter hotel, a town hall, ...?! :cry_sad:

Well, I was definitely hoping for something different this year, BUT I can see this being a really great addition to Santa's Workshop that actually brought me back from my "dark ages" and since I never got the mini set with elves I'm going to seriously consider buying it (if it turns out well) despite of the fact I was going to stop buying WV sets and just keep on improving my existing WV layout :) Ha-ha I guess it doesn't work with any Lego theme :) 

On 7/30/2020 at 10:53 PM, Arstotle said:

I agree with this, except for the Christmas Tree. It’s a great town square centerpiece tree. 

On 8/9/2020 at 1:54 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thanks for the information, @VanIslandLego! :classic:

I wish this was fake - it's really disappointing that there'll be another fantasy themed building! Why can't we simply get a nice building to add to the inner city of WV like a candy shop, a grocery, a winter hotel, a town hall, ...?! :cry_sad:

While I don’t MOD sets & would much rather have a definitive set, the Gingerbread House could be turned into a candy store, of a very enthusiastic Christmas lover:tongue:, pretty easily. 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, TeriXeri said:

13787pb02.png

Also quite fun that in the Dutch/Belgium LEGO Masters, some builds did use "Kabouters" putting red cones on minifigure heads.

Red pointy hats would make great use for Kabouters based on Rien Poortvliet's book, or the Television cartoon "David de Kabouter" / (David the Gnome) popular in the 80s/90s.

Add a white beard, blue torso , and some dual-molded legs for boots.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the red hat. Grew up with Rien's characters. This would be perfect :D