Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hi all

Longtime reader, first time poster

Been collecting since the Santas workshop set so was hoping for more "proper" town buildings this year, as the 2nd hand market for earlier sets is becoming ridiculously priced.

It is nice, and i will get it. With its shape I can easily see a quick conversion into a Bavarian Tavern or something, on the outside at least, which would be more in keeping with the train station, toy shop etc.

Speaking of which, I notice Lego Shop has both the Fire Station AND Holiday Train available for order on the website, along with the Gingerbread House. Lots of old train stock maybe?

But does anyone know of any promotional holiday freebies coming up as I would like to try and get one, so am holding off on my Gingerbread House order for now.

Edited by Karlos Bandidos

Promobricks has revealed the new Christmas gift with purchase set for this year. A Christmas tree with train running around the base. It looks pretty good.

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Promobricks has revealed the new Christmas gift with purchase set for this year. A Christmas tree with train running around the base. It looks pretty good.

Yep saw that looks really good - should get my gingerbread house delivered tomorrow....

i wish the train station was still available!!

Edited by Flippi01

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Pretty cool looking set! I'll probably wait on picking up the gingerbread house until this gift with purchase is available. If I'm remembering correctly they usually have at least one seasonal gift with purchase starting in October

8 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

i wish the train station was still available!!

Has the train station been retired? It's still available from amazon UK.

7 hours ago, Blackpool said:

Pretty cool looking set! I'll probably wait on picking up the gingerbread house until this gift with purchase is available. If I'm remembering correctly they usually have at least one seasonal gift with purchase starting in October

I'm also gonna wait and pick up the gingerbread house when the Christmas promotion becomes available. I think last year there were 2 seasonal gifts with purchase. One was given away on the week leading up to Black Friday and the second one was during December.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

I'm also gonna wait and pick up the gingerbread house when the Christmas promotion becomes available. I think last year there were 2 seasonal gifts with purchase. One was given away on the week leading up to Black Friday and the second one was during December.

This years promo set is a big christmas tree (via Promobricks).

9 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Has the train station been retired? It's still available from amazon UK.

Cheers !I forget that just because it’s not on Lego website it is still available new elsewhere! 

Ordered coming Monday !! 

Hey, I remember seeing a November calendar that said that one Seasonal set, the big Christmas tree with the train around it, would be available as a GWP on November 29. Does anyone know which region that was in? Will it apply to Australia?

On 11/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, I remember seeing a November calendar that said that one Seasonal set, the big Christmas tree with the train around it, would be available as a GWP on November 29. Does anyone know which region that was in? Will it apply to Australia?

North America for sure, but it could be other regions as well.

Also, Instagram has an image of a new GWP.  It's a miniature gingerbread house meant to reflect the new Winter Village set, but in a scale and size similar to the previous gingerbread house GWP.  Sorry if this is old news to everyone.

17 hours ago, wooster said:

North America for sure, but it could be other regions as well.

Also, Instagram has an image of a new GWP.  It's a miniature gingerbread house meant to reflect the new Winter Village set, but in a scale and size similar to the previous gingerbread house GWP.  Sorry if this is old news to everyone.

Nice find - Lego set 40337 for the Mini Gingerbread House and 40338 for the Christmas Tree - Black Friday Giveaway.  There is already an unboxing and build video on Youtube for the mini Gingerbread house.  

Edited by kasmca

On 11/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, kasmca said:

Nice find - Lego set 40337 for the Mini Gingerbread House and 40338 for the Christmas Tree - Black Friday Giveaway.  There is already an unboxing and build video on Youtube for the mini Gingerbread house.  

Do we know the purchase requirements for the Mini-Gingerbread house?  I know the Christmas tree is GWP for $125+, but I have not seen any info for the mini Gingerbread house. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, thenightman89 said:

Do we know the purchase requirements for the Mini-Gingerbread house?  I know the Christmas tree is GWP for $125+, but I have not seen any info for the mini Gingerbread house. 

Answering my own question: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-40337-gingerbread-house-promo-details-revealed/

Need to spend £100 in the UK between Dec. 12 - 15. 

Just built the GWP Christmas Tree.  Loved it, I'm surprised with the size and it's perfect for desk display!  I think it's even great for Giant Christmas Tree display in a lego city.  I wish the threshold for it was a bit lower but never mind because the end results is great.

soooooooooooo

now the Fairground rides been announced what are everyones predictions for Seasonal/Winter Village set 2020 ????

Having looked back Not including the original toy shop set which would have been the test bed for the line there was 4 sets then a left field / novelty / non village set (Santas workshop) then there was another 4 sets and the `gingerbread house so possibly a pattern forming there.

So if on that theory we go back to Village sets its been 10 years for the bakery ?? or maybe a farm (new pig mould )

Thoughts ????

Its about time this thread gets activity again!  I think, after the whimsy of the Gingerbread House we are due for a more traditional set.  That would follow the model of Santa -> Toy Shop seen about 5 years ago.    We know LEGO isn't opposed to updates (Toy Shop & Train) and after last year's cute but silly Gingerbread House, I'm hoping for a set like a Bakery, Post Office, or some kind of restaurant/diner.     

selifshly hoping for new versions of post office or the cottage. I've got the toy shop reprint and the bakery.

If they make a brand new realistic building, a cozy cafe or restaurant seems like a decent bet. 

Other parts of a secular christmas that they've never done..... a big house with a family gathered around a dining table? or maybe a christmas tree lot? it could have a few trees in a fenced-in outdoor area with a hot cocoa stand out front.

If they just want to make the cutest possible building, I'd say find an excuse to have a tall pointy rooftop covered in snow, like a town hall, since they'd never do a chapel.

I loved the little skate-rink that came with the bakery so I've always daydreamed about a WV set dedicated to playing outdoors. a winter village hillside or park. Trees, snow, sledding hill.

Lets see, for the theme TLG has offered; a store, government building, store, house, fantasy house, store, train, transportation station, government building, fantasy house....my moneys on another store for the 2020 WV set.  Cafe if I had to narrow down any further. 

Here are some concepts they haven't used yet:

• Candy shop
  • Coffee shop
  • Music shop
  • Hotel
  • Santa meet-and-greet
  • Parade with floats and marching band

I only hope this is not going to be a re-release or slight update of previous sets. Want something cozy and warm, also I wish they go for more complex sets, I wouldn't mind "openable" models - but that sounds more like a dream to me :)  

I always thought that a sweets shoppe would be a sensible addition but I can’t see that following on from the gingerbread house.

We don’t have any indoor eating establishments in the winter village yet, so my bet is also on a cafe, or hopefully something more akin to a tavern.

Whatever it is, I am very much looking forward to it :-)

Another couple of ideas, or I suppose additions to my wish list, would be a doctor's office (with the living space upstairs), or like Karalora said, a village hotel.   

I’d be interested to see - WV is part of Creator Expert, but definitely the lower end.  With the demise of Creator Expert, will this be in the 18+ range?  As sets with lots of play features, open backs, and simpler than modulars (although more complex than City) could they fail to qualify in TLG’s eyes as 18+ sets?

26 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I’d be interested to see - WV is part of Creator Expert, but definitely the lower end.  With the demise of Creator Expert, will this be in the 18+ range?  As sets with lots of play features, open backs, and simpler than modulars (although more complex than City) could they fail to qualify in TLG’s eyes as 18+ sets?

‘Fairground Series’ is an official thing now. Maybe we’ll see a ‘Winter Village Series’?

I'm calling it - Winter Village Ski Shop.

Look at the leaked Advent Calendar images - they're clearly from a catalogue. Look at the City one, and look at the (cut off) image above it, which looks distinctly like a Winter Village set (which would make sense to place it there in the catalogue).

Winter Village Ski Shop, with ski and snowboard gear in the windows, and an A-frame and a snowman outside.

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

I'm calling it - Winter Village Ski Shop.

Look at the leaked Advent Calendar images - they're clearly from a catalogue. Look at the City one, and look at the (cut off) image above it, which looks distinctly like a Winter Village set (which would make sense to place it there in the catalogue).

Winter Village Ski Shop, with ski and snowboard gear in the windows, and an A-frame and a snowman outside.

I think you're right.  I can't discern an A-frame, but I agree it might be our first glimpse of the Winter Village set.  Great catch!