Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Looking at the pics trying to figure out how you activate the light brick...the gray piece to the right of the fireplace (interior)?

Edit: "Press the chimney smoke button to activate the light brick and make the fireplace glow." I love this as it doesn't require access to the back of the model. I have limited space for my village and accessing the back of the models is difficult when displayed.

lego-creator-expert-10267-gimgerbread-ho

Edited by CDM
Clarification

Looks nice, but I'll give it a swerve this year and spend the money on Harry Potter instead. I'm not a speculator, so I'd be happy if they just release the WV sets prior to Santa's Workshop when I started buying them.

Amazing!

Simply amazing!

The only thing I would change would be the shape of the house. I like better the Ideas one more in that regard

Other than that, awesome set. 

This is beautiful. I have never collected Winter Village but this is a must-buy. I built the promo gingerbread house from bulk and I love this one. 

I love all those glitter pieces, too.

I think it looks wonderful and its a great JB creation - some great pieces in there too , its a perfect marriage of medium and theme !!

Includes 3 LEGO figures: a gingerbread man, gingerbread woman and gingerbread baby.

I love this set, but calling a 1x2 tile a „figure“ is a bit of a stretch IMO :tongue:

I would say it could have been worse, but now I find it somehow interesting and might buy it as I really like the WV theme. But still it feels bitter sweet for me. 

10 minutes ago, mirecg said:

I would say it could have been worse, but now I find it somehow interesting and might buy it as I really like the WV theme. But still it feels bitter sweet for me. 

Agreed.  I'm not overly impressed but I always regret not buying each year's WV or modular set so I will probably buy it.  Would be good to combine it with an Xmas GWP if they become available.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I love this set, but calling a 1x2 tile a „figure“ is a bit of a stretch IMO :tongue:

They should have said 3 "characters" instead of 3 "figures". Listing a printed tile as a figure is a complete travesty.

Not as difficult to "de-sugar" is i feared it might be. In fact I see quite a good building here that will sit nicely alongside the WV Cottage. The Gingerbread figs tho will have to stay in the box..

This will go perfect next to Santa's Workshop....  Heh, i might even move a few elves in as boarders.  I will post my WV when it's set up, sometime in Dec.  Cheers

I was on the fence about it when I first saw it, but now I like it, and will get it.  But those ginger bread figures will be banished to a galaxy far far away, possibly in my TIE Fighter  ?

I'm only new to the world of the Winter Village, had to wait til I had my own house for space. Just finished building the train, next the station, then the Toy shop, Santa's Workshop, the Bakery and Fire Station.   And now the Gingerbread House.    This Lego hobby is gonna send me broke ??

The only thing I like about it is the price-to-part ratio. I was hoping for a nice VW village set, and I agree it could have been worse. But still, there are so many great sets I want without second thoughts, that I'm going to pass on this one. Not a fan of buying sets and then working on them to make them look proper. I can see a value in this set for a person who doesn't have any VW sets or has only Santa's workshop and might like for what it is, but for me personally - it's not there. I still don't have the train and the train station - would go for them instead.

I'm disappointed the rumors are true. Although it looks great as a stand alone, in my opinion it doesn't fit into the wintervillage, even when you leave out the figures. But again that's my opinion. So a no go for me. I'm gonna expand my wintervillage by adding small details and extra figures. Maybe I'm gonna build some things of which I bought the building instructions on E-bay.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:21 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, I see they've made good usage of those particular "gem" parts from the Elves theme in this set. :thumbup: :classic:

15.jpg

Is that star made of four pieces? If so those will be put to immediate use in Space mocs; at least as windscreens in microbuilds.

EDIT: Found it. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35649#T=C

Edited by danth

56 minutes ago, danth said:

Is that star made of four pieces? If so those will be put to immediate use in Space mocs; at least as windscreens in microbuilds.

EDIT: Found it. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35649#T=C

Oh! Oh, I missed that! Thar’s really cool, I like that!

Not enough to convince me to get this set, though. 

Like some of you I found the news of a gingerbread house to be somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for a winter town square or village town hall/courthouse or something. However, upon seeing the pictures I'm actually pretty pleased. Its simply a gorgeous set and offers a lot of potential if you want to convert it. It could easily become a candy shop with some simple changes to the interior. Another option is to make it into another cottage by taking off the candy decorations and changing out the candy cane elements. I'm still undecided about how I'll integrate it into my village but I will definitely be buying it.

18 hours ago, danth said:

That's kinda what I figured when I saw them... :thumbup: :smug:

So, this is it. This year's WV set is finally revealed and I'm like quite a number of people here kind of disappointed the rumours were true. 

Although the more I look at it, the more I like it.  I'm not sure how I am going to integrate it in my current village, since I recently added the Ski Resort (good set and fun to build btw). Maybe I will enalrge the "fantasy" section alonside Santa's workshop or something like that. The design is pretty nice, a few exclusive parts, but the minfigs come on, the baby is a joke, I would have preferred a real 3 minifig to this...

Let's see how it goes when I receive it.